Page 51 of 146

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:21 pm
by Cronax
You can ride around on the 4E Tenser's Floating Disk, but it only moves at 5 squares per round, so it isn't any faster than just walking.

Most Ritual caster classes get a few free rituals, but you can buy more assuming you have enough cash and meet any other pre-reqs (some of them are Bard only). It does take an extended rest (chapter interlude) to learn the ones you buy though.

We can just leave Ricky with Cerise and the guards here, unless one of those heal checks bears fruit, we aren't going to be able to do much for him anyway.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:25 pm
by lostboy
Yes I didnt get the "you can buy more" bit..... :oops:

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:28 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
I don't have the cash to buy more rituals, I think. :-\ If you guys suddenly want to pull out a wad of cash and wake up a magic salesman to buy a scroll of whatever, I'm game to cast it for you, though.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:36 pm
by NeoTiamat
lostboy wrote:Would a high streetwise roll help get us there quicker?

Or we could nick er I mean comandeer a boat or coach?
I'll say that a Streetwise of 20 or better will let you cut a quarter of the time off, and a Streetwise of 30 or better will let you halve the time needed to get anywhere.

Boats wouldn't help, and you don't have the authority to commandeer a coach, but you can certainly steal one and explain yourselves to the Marquis later. I'll say that stealing a coach takes 10 minutes and a DC 20 Thievery Check, but halves all travel time (cumulative with the Streetwise).

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:01 pm
by The Whistler
Any chance we could flag down a cab? I'm serious--don't know if there would be carriages-for-hire out at this hour, but is that an option?

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:10 pm
by NeoTiamat
Not around Montmort. You might possibly find carriages down near the Governor's Palace or in the Domaines, but that's sufficiently out of your way that you'd end up losing any time gained by having a cab.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 pm
by Isabella
Of course, if you don't want to be sneaky at all when stealing a carriage, you can forgo the Thievery check and just have to outrun the angry owners of it. (Which should be easy to do, with your stolen carriage :P)

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:48 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Yyyyyeah, with all the crazy going around and this being Ravenloft, I'm going to vote against performing a Victorian-style carjacking.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:09 pm
by Nerit
Right so, I'm going for evidence over speculation. To #1 Routes de Tarascons. While Lia/Rock may have her/his convictions, we were given the address by the GMs, so unless it's a red herring there could be crucial action or information there.

Should we roll to assist whoever has highest Streetwise? I have +7, surely someone has more (Nicolas)?

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:10 pm
by NeoTiamat
You may certainly roll assists.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:27 pm
by lostboy
Nicolas has Streetwise 12, and Im happy to roll for it unless anyone has better.

Conversely I quite fancy playing a shot at Grand Theft Auto: Port-a-Lucine...

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:53 pm
by Cronax
Agale is also packing a +12 streetwise, so thats at least an automatic assist. Since speed over a reasonably long distance is what we're after, any chance the more physical PCs could contribute with Athletics or Endurance instead?

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:59 pm
by Kaitou Kage
Cyrus only has a +7 Streetwise but he's made a lot of friends among the common people since he's come here...

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:12 pm
by DocBeard
If we do it skill challenge style, I'd definitely be able to contribute with Endurance.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:42 pm
by lostboy
Don't forget Nicholas can chuck out an inspire competance for +2 on a named skill as well.