Page 50 of 146

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:01 pm
by NeoTiamat
Well, where to now? The clock is ticking, and you have a decision to make.

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:15 pm
by DocBeard
Would the ritual be at the university or the church?

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:40 am
by lostboy
umm in the absence of any other solid leads shouldnt we be checking out #1 Route de Tarascons?

Or on reflection of reading Yalenus' post perhaps we should be at that specific University checkpoint by 2am?

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:28 am
by DocBeard
I thought the ritual was happening, like, right now?

...still, yeah, we did have an address gift wrapped. Sounds good to me. Any objections?

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:27 am
by lostboy
true, although whatever it is, seems to be in the midst of working and without any clear idea of where or even wtf it is I doubt we have much chance to stop it (and the DMs haven't dropped any hints).

The only hard leads we have are the Checkpoint and the address, beyond that we seem to be fumbling in the dark (or did I miss something really important?)

Assuming that note Kerrian found meant tonight, its now midnight which gives us 2 hours to be at the Checkpoint. I'd suggest that is the best route to go as whoever is at #1 route de Tarascons probabley won't be home at the moment because they iz out ritualizing ....

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:56 am
by DocBeard
Only one thing-DMs, how much time will that cost us?

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:30 am
by NeoTiamat
Getting to the check-point? About 40 minutes. #1 Route de Tarascons would be about 30 minutes.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:43 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
So we can do both with a little time to spare? Then let's. If we don't find solid clues at the house, we can maybe still warn the people at the checkpoint before they get glassed to death.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:44 pm
by DocBeard
I sure do love 50-50 chances.

Does anyone have a compelling reason for not charging the checkpoint? If not I say we do so today.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:49 pm
by lostboy
Id vote checkpoint first...

Not sure what we do once there, maybe get Tomas up in drag to look like Anne-Marie? :)

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:43 pm
by NeoTiamat
lostboy wrote:Id vote checkpoint first...

Not sure what we do once there, maybe get Tomas up in drag to look like Anne-Marie? :)
While I will never say a word against any plan that involves the paladin in drag, I should note that the event at the checkpoint, if it occurs, isn't scheduled for another two hours. So once you arrive there you'll be cooling your heels for a while. This wouldn't necessarily be the case with #1 Route de Tarascons.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:57 pm
by Cronax
I return. Sorry for the dearth of posts lately, work has been a killer. Now that I'm caught back up, hoo boy what a mess.

I don't suppose anyone knows the rituals Phantom Steed, Traveler's Chant or something else that can speed us up?

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:13 pm
by lostboy
ok fair enough...

I actually messed up the whole ritual thing in charcter creation and didnt relaise you could buy more rituals than you get alloted in the character builder, so Nichoals has a vast 2 rituals at the moment. I'll sort that out next time i have some money and an opportunity to shop. (although maybe Ive got that wrong as well :? )

But no he doesnt have travellers chant...

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:14 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Only thing I have that comes close to facilitating travel is Tenser's Floating Disc ... *snrk* Man, that reminds me of when I first got to use that spell in 3E and none of us really knew what its limits were. I got to use it to temporarily shore up a roof that was going to collapse on us, and use it as a kind of magic skateboard! ^^ Good times, good times. Pity the Greater Disc, or whatever it's called, wasn't updated for 4E; I seem to recall you can use that one to carry yourself, too.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:16 pm
by lostboy
Would a high streetwise roll help get us there quicker?

Or we could nick er I mean comandeer a boat or coach?