Page 42 of 146
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:13 pm
by lostboy
umm stupid question but can I target Cedolin with a rnaged attack when Darius is in the way?
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:15 pm
by lostboy
So, if I did a thing that could potentially slide Cedolin three squares on each of my turns, where would you guys like me to move him to first?
anywhere that provokes AoO's near people with big swords?
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:19 pm
by DocBeard
'Closer to me' would be awesome. I shouldn't have skipped my move action last turn, sorry. I can get out into the hallway this round but any kind of boost for my speed or teleport spell would be awesome.
Also, are we yes or no on the nonlethal? I would love to save him but I'm not going to get a party member killed over it.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:45 pm
by Isabella
lostboy wrote:umm stupid question but can I target Cedolin with a rnaged attack when Darius is in the way?
Firing through an enemy square doesn't block your attack, but does provide the enemy you are attacking with cover (-2 to your attack). You can fire through allied squares without penalty just as you can move through allied squares without penalty... unless they
choose to get in your way. So if Darius wants to be obnoxious and wave his hands in front of Nick, Nick will just have to live with it.
Also, I'm not sure if the people new to 4e are aware of what grants combat advantage and what doesn't. I will try to be more diligent in noting when this happens. The status effect Dazed grants combat advantage, which means that anyone attacking gets a +2 to hit the target.
Ceedy is sadly not Dazed, but currently has a -4 to defenses.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:56 pm
by Kaitou Kage
lostboy wrote:So, if I did a thing that could potentially slide Cedolin three squares on each of my turns, where would you guys like me to move him to first?
anywhere that provokes AoO's near people with big swords?
Unfortunately, push, pull, and slide never provoke opportunity attacks (unless the power specifically mentions it)
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:57 pm
by Kaitou Kage
The Whistler wrote:So, if I did a thing that could potentially slide Cedolin three squares on each of my turns, where would you guys like me to move him to first?
If you're going to do this let me get a hit in >-> I can flank him here.
EDIT: Actually, it may be best to leave him where he is. I know that puts you out of his range, Doc, but right now pretty much
everyone can blast him in some way or another. Better that than shove him some place only a few people can get to him easily.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:32 pm
by DocBeard
Fair enough. I'll take one last swipe at a turret-I'm one square short of being able to heal Agale, sorry.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:34 pm
by The Whistler
You know what, I could kick him a square to the northeast; that way, if I move to the west side of the corridor, Nick, Agale and Lia would have a clearer shot at him.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:41 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Please, feel free. ^^
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:00 pm
by Nerit
DocBeard wrote:Anyway, from your opening post I'd say you know what you are doing; that said, I very much hope that you'll be open to talking strategics with us, because I'm not kidding when I say that Neo and Izy play on hard mode. The most anyone would ever do is a logical argument ala Cronax's advice in the thread; I can be kind of gruff but my bark is way worse than my bite. But the psychological impact of the team taking a moment to pool our resources and get a hold on the encounter has turned plenty of seemingly hopeless situations around for us. Frankly, I think you'd be missing out on some of the fun.
By not participating in that, I mean I won't be able to offer much help, like "why doesn't X go to Y to do Z?" I'll always hear what people have to say about strategy, just doesn't mean I'll agree/understand what the point is

. I understand about hard mode, though. With ~8 of us, I can see why.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:01 pm
by Isabella
Everyone (except Tomas) currently has a clear shot at Cedolin. Allies do not block line of effect.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:01 pm
by Isabella
FYI, Cyrus' vulnerability 5 applies to
all damage. This applies to half-damage on missed attacks as well. However, the vulnerability damage is added before the damage is halved.
So for example, if Darius had missed Cap. Cedolin, he would have rolled his damage (20), added the vulnerable bonus (5), then halved the total to get his actual damage (12). (This is a moot point in this current example because the vulnerability had not happened because Cedolin's turn had not ended, while the -4 had happened, meaning Nathan's damage is 20.

)
As a further reminder to everyone, there are no special movement rules for moving diagonally in 4e. It does not take any more movement to go in a diagonal line than in a straight one.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:23 pm
by Kaitou Kage
Oh, Rock, you will probably want to start listing which defense your attack targets. Just saying "18" doesn't really tell much because the DMs won't know what to compare it against

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:32 pm
by Cronax
Also, we're level 6. We only get two daily attack powers. You've used Flaming Sphere and Fireball so you're pretty much out until next chapter. The wizard spellbook feature lets you know more powers, but still only lets you prepare one per slot.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 pm
by Isabella
Ah, yes, he's right. You'll have to pick another attack power, Rock.
Whomever is taking that +2 bonus to hit on Cedolin from Agale, please 'call it' in the OOC before making the attack roll. It only applies to one attack and we would prefer not to have three people try to use it because they didn't realize someone else had already taken it.