Page 41 of 146
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:34 pm
by Cronax
yep, which is why I said the round after this one.
Also, don't forget that some magic items also have powers you can use. Every little bit helps.
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:23 pm
by DocBeard
Should I keep mirror-sanctioning what turrets I can, or try to wade out there and use my Scorpion's GET OVER HERE power on Celodin?
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:06 pm
by Isabella
Doc - Slowed reduces your movement to 2 squares, but you can do everything you just did from the square L10, so no biggie.
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:42 pm
by The Whistler
Yeah, if Cedolin's weaknesses won't kick in until next round, I'll second wind alongside Darius and drop a daily on him when he's more vulnerable; I'm not sure I could stand another full barrage in my current position, otherwise.
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:57 pm
by Cronax
The the center corridor turrets look to be hanging on by a thread, if one of you people yet to act can finish them off, it will mean they don't get another pot shot at us.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:47 am
by Nathan of the FoS
If you are thinking, "Boy, Darius is deficient in sense of self-preservation..."
You are right!
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
Heh heh, it is the return of the
Fireball!

It's nice to see it do so well, the first time I cast it this game. **** Elminster and all the other
'Fireballs are too simplistic' ancients, it's still a great spell. ^^
NT, sorry for the mess of rolls - I had to re-target when I realized I was about to incinerate fellow party members along with the intended target.

Annnd that meant doing the damage roll over, as well.
Je m'excuse.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 am
by Nerit
I return! I am rather intimidated by the amount of discussion enflamed by the battle. FYI, I will not be participating in that. You can offer me strategies but there's really no guarantee I'll understand what you want or that I can formulate positions, etc. My knowledge of the rules is still rudimentary despite a few years with 4e in Planescape.
In any case, if the post wasn't clear, Nerit is also a striker. She also has Initiate of the Faith if needed, I guess.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:46 am
by yalenusveler
Rock wrote:Heh heh, it is the return of the
Fireball!

It's nice to see it do so well, the first time I cast it this game. **** Elminster and all the other
'Fireballs are too simplistic' ancients, it's still a great spell. ^^
NT, sorry for the mess of rolls - I had to re-target when I realized I was about to incinerate fellow party members along with the intended target.

Annnd that meant doing the damage roll over, as well.
Je m'excuse.
Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to aim the fireball without hitting Darius or Nerit at the very least, due to Nerit moving to where she did. Otherwise, the Fireball could've been targeted at Aa.

GM ruling here on the immediacy of movement?
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:38 am
by DocBeard
Well, Nerit, none of us are exactly experts. Thing is, we've got a choice between working together or Neo and Izy killing us. To put things in perspective, our first fight was a solo battle backed up by negative terrain, the party being split, and a web of traps that work like artillery minions except that they've got a decent amount of HP.
If my disagreement with Kage is what rattled you, let me expand on it; he was talking about what Cyrus would do ICly, I was talking about "D&D is a team sport.". I'm a Defender and someone who ICly would think about the latter foremost, but once Kage reminded me about the IC factor I immediately understood. We made up so quickly over instant messenger that I forgot how that might look to someone just stepping in.
Anyway, from your opening post I'd say you know what you are doing; that said, I very much hope that you'll be open to talking strategics with us, because I'm not kidding when I say that Neo and Izy play on hard mode. The most anyone would ever do is a logical argument ala Cronax's advice in the thread; I can be kind of gruff but my bark is way worse than my bite. But the psychological impact of the team taking a moment to pool our resources and get a hold on the encounter has turned plenty of seemingly hopeless situations around for us. Frankly, I think you'd be missing out on some of the fun.
But, like, Rock is in Europe and can't always make chat sessions, and we don't hold that against him. If it really makes you uncomfortable, that's okay, though me and Kage snapping at each other is honestly about as heated as things get.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:19 am
by NeoTiamat
DocBeard wrote:To put things in perspective, our first fight was a solo battle backed up by negative terrain, the party being split, and a web of traps that work like artillery minions except that they've got a decent amount of HP.
Mind you, I expect even the Isabella and myself would have to work to equal that. But then, I like a challenge.
Also, just as a general thing, keep track of the number of rerolls you make and make sure to post them in your thread. RTs are getting spent like water here, and I
think I'm keep track of all of them, but keep me informed just in case.
Perry wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to aim the fireball without hitting Darius or Nerit at the very least, due to Nerit moving to where she did. Otherwise, the Fireball could've been targeted at Aa. GM ruling here on the immediacy of movement?
Isy's not around to confer with, so take this with a grain of salt, but in general we log movements and actions in the order they are posted. Which in this case seems to indicate that Rock has flamebroiled
someone, but Isabella and I will discuss this when we update.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:57 am
by Isabella
Rock, it takes a minor action to open the door, which you can do at distance with your Mage Hand. We're assuming you wanted that crit with the fireball a bit more than the flaming sphere, so well just remove the latter from the map.

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:06 am
by Cronax
Rock,
When you both hit and critical with an AoE, it works like this:
You roll you damage once for all the enemies normally hit. You use this same roll for calculating the damage on a miss (in the case that it is half). For the enemies critically hit, you maximize all the dice you would normally roll, then actually roll any critical hit dice from your implement on top of that (plus any static damage).
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:59 pm
by Kaitou Kage
Okay, now Cedolin has vulnerabilty 5 all so now pile on the hurt!
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:10 pm
by The Whistler
So, if I did a thing that could potentially slide Cedolin three squares on each of my turns, where would you guys like me to move him to first?