The Tessier Gallery, Quartier Savant, Port-a-Lucine; March 11th, 770, 9:05 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perhaps later." Mr. Agale glanced over his shoulder at the advancing inferno. "For now, we need him to learn more of the mastermind behind this attack. Once we've extracted what he knows, you can do what you wish with him. But for now, I think safely exiting the museum is our priority."
Christophe made a sound deep in his throat, but nodded. Without breaking in his stride, he shifted the comatose kitchen servant onto his other shoulder. Even more wounded than Agale (though the bleeding from the side of his head had stopped), and carrying another man, he still seemed more at ease with his burden than the Borcan lawyer did.
"Sure thing." Christophe said, glancing back over his free shoulder. The fire was now raging ever faster, and any idea of going back the way you had come was pointless. "I hope the twins and Uncle Sebastian got out alright."
Together, you escaped through a side-door in the kitchen, emerging into the night air outside.
================================================
Kerrian wrote:"Or it was meant for us."
"I hardly think any of us are important enough to warrant...
this," Alice Blackwood replied, coming up from the back of the noble mob. She took a look at the door and then began shooing people outside.
"I don't know anywhere where, where taking such a large crowd wouldn't be a, a problem," Richard said, with a worried look. "There's a hotel not, not far from here. I, I don't know if it's safe, I don't know if
anywhere is safe anymore. The Ministry of Justice and, and the Cathedral are further, but they, they ought to have space, and the priests could help the wounded, at, at least."
"If closeness is the only factor, we'd be better off just having them all head home," Alice sighed. "And no doubt that's where some will go, but I'm not convinced they'd be terribly safe there, with a battle raging in the middle of the Quartier. But where would they, if anywhere? I must defer the decision itself, but say the place and I'll take as many as I can to it."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomas wrote:"Come on!" Tomas shouts, running into the sinister building. "I've got an idea!"
By now, the Tessier Gallery was nearly deserted. Those who could escape the building had, following the main exodus or forging their own exits. The handful of people left were all in the process of making their own getaways. Many of them carried choice paintings from the Gallery walls, works of art that were in their own way nearly as irreplaceable as the people who had left. Maybe they were being rescued. Maybe they were being looted. If the latter, no one would ever learn until they appeared on some distant marketplace.
Tomas forged through the cloying smoke, Cedolin, Cyrus, and Katja hot on his heels. There was smoke in every corner of the building now, not huge amounts, but enough to make your eyes water and your throat sore. Finally, you reached the back-corridor with Mme. Marie Chastel's office. The door was ajar.
Cedolin pushed the door open, words of enchantment on his lips already. Then he stopped dead. Looking over his shoulder, you understood why.
The room was empty. The museum curator, Marie Chastel, was gone, her corpse no longer on the floor. Only a blood stain marked the spot. Of the Sword of Leon there was not even that much left, the sun-hilted blade having vanished completely.
Finally, every single one of the porcelain dolls that Chastel had collected was gone.