Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:16 pm
"Just let them go," Cyrus hissed from the shadows, "They only look wealthy. They're not. They have nothing you want."
Bluff 17. Here's hoping?
Bluff 17. Here's hoping?
Welcome, friends, to our establishment.
http://fraternityofshadows.com/forum/
"I Had a vision at the chapel. It..had a lot of what I thought was only symbolic...but a lot of it is getting more and more literal, and making a frightening deal of sense. Part of my vision involved your brother. I'm not sure exactly what it meant. But from the basics of what I saw, i'm worried it wasn't good." Kerrian shook his head.NeoTiamat wrote:Really." Alice placed her hands on her hips. "You would apparently know better than I would, Richard. But since you haven't bothered to tell me, and Mr. Mauganson seems to think it grounds for shackling us to him - if he wouldn't rather be eaten by a monster first - I'd like to know what exactly the issue is and make my own judgments!"
A series of complex emotions passed over Nerit's face, half-hidden by the mask. She likewise put her hands on her hips as she listened to Kerrian and the Blackwoods."The Ezrans of, of Dementlieu are dedicated to finding knowledge," Richard quietly suggested. "I think, if they will help us, they, they might have some insight into the matter that we, we do not."
"Even if the ones at the Cathedral won't, there are several at the hospice of Hala who will," Alice said, although she was still watching Kerrian carefully for her answer. "And the Halans themselves, of course."
She glanced at Lia and Kerrian, then to the Blackwoods. "If you are in physical or spiritual danger, it is better you have company. I will stay with you either way."Kerrian wrote:"So...do we investigate now...Or do we worry about my visions?"
"Then..let's go investigate." Kerrian said, already heading towards where the unfortunate Mme Chastel lay slain. "Lia, I'm going to need you to look at the scene again. I've...got an idea. Well, at least need to see if i'm right. " Kerrian looked to Sister Nerit and the Blackwoods.Sister Nerit wrote: She glanced at Lia and Kerrian, then to the Blackwoods. "If you are in physical or spiritual danger, it is better you have company. I will stay with you either way."
"You're damn right!" one of the other woman spoke up, a fat, ugly woman with rolled up sleeves and a dirty apron. "You give him back his coat, you worthless trollop! You got no right to bully it off the poor young man like that!"Cyrus wrote:"Just let them go," Cyrus hissed from the shadows, "They only look wealthy. They're not. They have nothing you want."
"Y-your type?" Richard asked. "The, the, ah, Halan's would be of help with that, though, wouldn't they? I'll, I'll come with you as well, if you think you might be in danger. But I, I fear without Professor Lemercier and Professor Petrik, we, we, we won't have any way to get out of here once you're done."Kerrian Mauganson wrote:"I want to try a test to see if we're dealing with my sort of magic. If we are...I don't know how much help the Ezrans will be. If it's not my sort, then we go, but till then..it's probably best we stay here and check the scene before anyone else gets a chance to mess things up."
"Occupational hazard of knowing Charles. You'll get used to it." Marchand-Renier said with a very small smile. "Barring your untimely death, at least."Agale wrote:"Ah, wait, Marchand-Renier I presume?" he rallied "A comrade in academia with some of my new fellow lodgers if I am correct. We really seem to be developing a habit of meeting under calamitous circumstances."
The gendarme captain stood up at his desk, although he wasn't nearly as tall as Eisenwald. "You'd better learn some manners if you want to live in this country, snow boy," he growled back, his fingers twitching wildly as if they were resisting the urge to lunge forward and strangle Tomas. "If you hadn't noticed, we're all a little bit busy here cleaning up the filth that decided to crawl out of the Quartier Ouvrier, and even the high and mighty redcaps have to put in a decent days work for once. So whatever oh-so-important message you have is just going to stand outside and wait until I put these rabid dogs down."Tomas wrote:SLAM.
This time, however, Eisenwald just doesn't have the patience-as evidenced by his casual abuse of the innocent desk. He's been quietly furious since hearing that shot and realizing he wouldn't be able to find the old coward who did it. "We need to speak to the head of the red-capped division. We have a message for him or her. If you could just point me in the direction of their office, I can get out of your way, sir."
"Felise, find Tessier and Vedarrak. Then Lia, if you can manage it." Marchand-Renier commanded. Felise nodded and disappeared through the crowd. "The rest of you, with us. We need to stop this fire before the whole gallery goes up in flames."Mr. Agale wrote:"Sir," Agale addressed Marchand-Renier "If I might commandeer your retinue? Christophe, if you would be so kind as to bring along that bowl of punch. Let us hope that our hosts were not too liberal in its fermentation. The rest of you, keep an eye out. If my conjectures bear fruit, this is meant as a diversion for persons of ill intent to make an escape."


DocBeard wrote:Tomas's jaw clicks shut, and his posture relaxes, even as he leans in closer and lowers his voice to a whisper, "...misunderstand, sir. The message is not from me, it is from Councilor LaGrange." Tomas gives it a second, to let the weight of the name sink in. "It can't wait."
"LaGrange?" the captain asked, speaking in a harsh whisper himself. The man's left eyebrow gave a sudden twitch as his last semblance of sanity snapped.Kaitou Kage wrote:"I imagine if you were more competent, then you would not have nearly the amount of troubles. I suggest you listen to my companion and take the opportunity to redeem yourself for your superiors' sake. The Councilor commands your presence. You should take advantage of it."
"Sorry, Madame." The guard closed her book, though keeping a finger between the pages. Her voice was gentle but firm. "But M. Tessier told me to keep anyone from going inside, and he didn't say anything about exceptions for anyone, wizards or not."Lia wrote:"We were first on the scene, and the councilor wishes to speak to us about the murder at greater length. When he comes to see us, we would very much like to have more to tell him. To that end, we wish to enter the room and look at the scene again."

Celeste leaned forward with a short bow and a gracious smile. “I beg you pardon my solicitude, kind Madame! We are simply— "Mme. Gendarme wrote:"Sorry, Madame." The guard closed her book, though keeping a finger between the pages. Her voice was gentle but firm. "But M. Tessier told me to keep anyone from going inside, and he didn't say anything about exceptions for anyone, wizards or not."
Misadventure!M. Blackwood wrote:"I'll, I'll be back in a minute."