Page 325 of 327

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:23 pm
by ewancummins
JMaytr wrote:Devlin will be continuing to hold sorentier castle. He will not be giving it over to the new ruler and will negotiate terms for keeping the province without bloodshed. (ie, allowing the Alams to create 0 level holdings in exchange for the recognition of devlins rule) Devlin feels its his responsibility to protect and care for all of the north as his hated cousin did not. As for provinces, Devlin just wants the 1 with sorentier. He will also begin creating law holdings throughout the north. When that is done, he will give the castle to Count Robin, name him a Baron, and charge him and his heirs with protecting the north (If Roald marries Beatrix, His heirs will be included in that decree, if he refuses to marry, Devlin will push to have Beatrix marry Lynwerds son, and then bring him to Haes as Devlins ward)

Devlin will ask Braedonnel to assist foerde, whom he recognizes as his childhood hero, the huntsman.
as he does, he will begin negotiating with Boeruine to help keep our borders safe while they quest against the manslayer.

Ah, politics....

Man, I'd so love to run this IC.

Quick OOC summary-

Within reason, Duke Carilon will sign what he must. Within reason.

Will the next Alam ruler tear up the treaty made under duress? Maybe. That's for a sequel.

More specific stuff--

Devlin is told flat out by the Archprelate that the church does NOT support annexation of Sorelies under such harsh terms. Lynwerd's heir is a nine year old boy who had no part in his father's crimes.
His Holiness advises that it's far better to bring the boy to court at Haes, let him keep his father's claims and title, but appoint a trustworthy Tuor as the steward.
"Don't let men say you took advantage of a child."

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:29 pm
by ewancummins
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:WOOOOOO Haha at last a relatively unambiguous win in a Ewan campaign! :D :D :D

I gotta say, playing Renn was every bit as fun as I expected it to be. My Ravenloft character, Dorgio, is in many ways such a goody two-shoes who's often crippled by indecision about the "right" thing to do. So it was a great change to play a character with a much faster and looser sense of ethics. Scheming is fun!

I've got an epilogue in mind, but i'll wait 'till you open the thread to post it.

Hmmm, the concept of marrying off Beatrix to the son of her attempted rapist may draw just a wee bit of pushback from house Ghonallison about that particular plan, but I'm sure we can avoid such a misfortune. :azalin: Then again, maybe Robin would acquiese given how generous Devlin has been since Lynwerd's death, but I doubt Renn would approve to say the least. Ah well, that newfound father-son bond couldn't have lasted forever!

On the other hand, Renn would have no problem seeing Beatrix married off to Roald.

And if Carilon is wandering the Five Peaks right now, Renn and his merry band of mountain fighters-turned-guardsmen might just try to help speed him on the path to his next existence.

One question: That scrap of poetry that Renn got at the theater, was there any significance to it being from The King in Yellow?

Yes, there was significance.

The play is being performed in another part of Anuire....



As far as the political stuff, that's all cool.
It could make a great sequel.

It's fine if Devlin, Roald, and so on don't make all these decisions now. The game is stopped/on a break, so no pressure. If people wanted to show decisions (not longer term consequences/important NPC reactions-- that's my bag) they may do so. Or not. All up to you guys.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:32 pm
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:Wow really nice ending! at least for now ending :roll:

Filbert will not go with Foerde and Roald for now. But who knows maybe he will join them later on.

As ambassador he will try to strengthen the Tuor alliances. I don't remember right now what exactly but the Archduke has told him that he will help them if they accept to do something for him. Filbert will make sure to do this something and if necessary will go to visit him again. He will also visit the son of Carilon and see how the peace treat is going and try to make things actually work for both domains. Then he will try to find the toymaker and bring him to justice.
Sounds cool.
As an ambassador and a spy, these tasks seem well-fitted for Lord Filbert.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:34 pm
by ewancummins
Adam wrote:Cormac will hhelp Foerde with finding Gale, as that was got him sent to Haes and into this mess in the first place.

His men *ahem* may do a bit of sacking if they can get away with it when we take control of that castle. Nothing serious, but some lords and ladies may lose some of their nicer things to help fund the newly established church of Erik.

He'll probably alternate his time in between building up the church, fighting goblins to free slaves, and keeping an eye out for expansion of that church I'm supposed to be opposing in the North.
Noted.

Your men get some loot (some of which was probably stolen in the first place, given Lynwerd's activities in life).

Your shrine is built. Modest, but it's something (0 level holding, which you may try to grow over the summer-- and no, you don't have to be present the whole season to do that).

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:36 pm
by ewancummins
Rob-

I'm also taking note of your recent PMs. Slightly different versions of the plan in each of those and here in OOC. That's' fine. You do not have to decide everything now.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:35 pm
by RocEter
I figure Foerde's epilogue would take place at the monastery in Elvesnemier. Not sure if Roald or Cormac have been into an Elven domain before so I figure he would tell them what to expect. Then leave it there with them getting ready to go behind enemy lines.

This way if the game does pick back up at some point, we have a good starting place.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:46 pm
by ewancummins
RocEter wrote:I figure Foerde's epilogue would take place at the monastery in Elvesnemier. Not sure if Roald or Cormac have been into an Elven domain before so I figure he would tell them what to expect. Then leave it there with them getting ready to go behind enemy lines.

This way if the game does pick back up at some point, we have a good starting place.
Maybe.

But Roald and Cormac will want their own epilogues, I'm sure.

It might be better if Foerde travels ahead to the monastery, where he will wait to meet his friends before all three venture into Rhoubhe's country.

Which, BTW, isn't a 'typical' elf domain...

:azalin:

Hehehheeeeeeee :twisted:

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 pm
by VAN
ewancummins wrote:
VAN wrote:Wow really nice ending! at least for now ending :roll:

Filbert will not go with Foerde and Roald for now. But who knows maybe he will join them later on.

As ambassador he will try to strengthen the Tuor alliances. I don't remember right now what exactly but the Archduke has told him that he will help them if they accept to do something for him. Filbert will make sure to do this something and if necessary will go to visit him again. He will also visit the son of Carilon and see how the peace treat is going and try to make things actually work for both domains. Then he will try to find the toymaker and bring him to justice.
Sounds cool.
As an ambassador and a spy, these tasks seem well-fitted for Lord Filbert.
Thanks Ewan, I enjoyed the game very much and was really cool playing Filbert! I had no idea halflings can be thatg useful!

I'm looking forward the sequel when you have time :)

And of course good luck with grad school :)

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:57 pm
by ewancummins
I enjoyed running the Shadow World stuff.

Fairies, ghosts, and all manner of strangeness!

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:01 am
by RocEter
ewancummins wrote:
RocEter wrote:I figure Foerde's epilogue would take place at the monastery in Elvesnemier. Not sure if Roald or Cormac have been into an Elven domain before so I figure he would tell them what to expect. Then leave it there with them getting ready to go behind enemy lines.

This way if the game does pick back up at some point, we have a good starting place.
Maybe.

But Roald and Cormac will want their own epilogues, I'm sure.

It might be better if Foerde travels ahead to the monastery, where he will wait to meet his friends before all three venture into Rhoubhe's country.

Which, BTW, isn't a 'typical' elf domain...

:azalin:

Hehehheeeeeeee :twisted:

I understand that but I am fairly certain that some of the standard things about Elven domains still apply. Namely that the elves will have the advantage and time flows differently. Foerde has never ventured into Rhoube but he has been to other Elven domains.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:24 am
by ewancummins
RocEter wrote:
ewancummins wrote:
RocEter wrote:I figure Foerde's epilogue would take place at the monastery in Elvesnemier. Not sure if Roald or Cormac have been into an Elven domain before so I figure he would tell them what to expect. Then leave it there with them getting ready to go behind enemy lines.

This way if the game does pick back up at some point, we have a good starting place.
Maybe.

But Roald and Cormac will want their own epilogues, I'm sure.

It might be better if Foerde travels ahead to the monastery, where he will wait to meet his friends before all three venture into Rhoubhe's country.

Which, BTW, isn't a 'typical' elf domain...

:azalin:

Hehehheeeeeeee :twisted:

I understand that but I am fairly certain that some of the standard things about Elven domains still apply. Namely that the elves will have the advantage and time flows differently. Foerde has never ventured into Rhoube but he has been to other Elven domains.
Yeah, I'd say it's reasonable he knows about the time flow factor. Doesn't understand how or why, but knows of it. And certainly has every reason to expect the elves will be dangerous on their home turf.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:37 am
by kintire
thanks for the game so far Ewan!

Safana' post game actions will depend a lot on the content of her chat with the doomsayer and what's in the book...

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:04 pm
by VAN
Ewan, what happened with the toymaker? Filbert will try to find him after finishing his ambassador's tasks.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:17 pm
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:Ewan, what happened with the toymaker? Filbert will try to find him after finishing his ambassador's tasks.

He seems to have either drowned in the river (although no body was ever recovered) or escaped.

Filbert may hear rumors of
VIEW CONTENT:
curious mechanical toys and gadgets of fine workmanship showing up on the auction blocks in the Free City of Endier.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:18 pm
by ewancummins
kintire wrote:thanks for the game so far Ewan!

Safana' post game actions will depend a lot on the content of her chat with the doomsayer and what's in the book...

Of course. I'll send a PM.

EDIT- PM sent.