Middling fair, with adjustments. He may win recruits or converts yet...
ION
Skybolt--
I haven't posted for Gunnar because you haven't yet updated his open scene. But if he has plans, let me know.
Ben
Ditto.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:59 pm
by ewancummins
saves vs spells
[dice]0[/dice]
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:00 pm
by ewancummins
WIS
to interpret
[dice]0[/dice]
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:40 pm
by ewancummins
gather info check
[dice]0[/dice]
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:59 pm
by ewancummins
IMPORTANT, PEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
I have advanced the scenes and timeline several days and written up the results of all active PC actions/plans.
At this point, I consider Morgan to be more or less an inactive PC. Gunnar , too. I haven't help up the game on account of either PC. That is not a negative criticism of the players of those PCs. Not everybody can post at the same speed, and not everybody is pursuing active plans at any given time.
A big scene approaches...
If any of you want to post, please post soon.
Feel free to do a little storytelling in your posts-- just clear big things with me by PM.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am
by ewancummins
VIEW CONTENT:
GATHER INFO ALAMIENS
[dice]0[/dice]
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:07 am
by ewancummins
EVERYBODY-
ONCE YOU HAVE READ YOUR SCENES AND THE FINAL POST OF CHAPTER TEN, CLICK HERE-
VIEW CONTENT:
Duke Carilon has accepted a holy (and binding, the clerics make sure of that) quest and abdicated his throne after signing a peace treaty.
With the combined efforts of all the PCs, under the leadership of Duke Devlin, Tuornen has won the war.
There remain loose ends and opportunities for adventure.
What can the doomsayer tell Safana?
How will Roald handle the possibility of marriage to Lady Beatrix? And will he do anything more in regard to certain family secrets he has learned of late...
What will Duke Devlin do now that he has attained a fragile and hard won peace? The Alamiens may accept certain adjustments in regards to the lawless northlands, but the new ruler is unlikely to just give up entire provinces.
Who will go with Foerde to try and rescue Gale?
Etc, etc.
You guys will each get a chance to put up a single epilogue/continuing adventures post. Ask me any questions you need to ask, plan to do a little free storytelling, and get prepared to post it. When I start seeing OOC messages to the effect that at least a few of you have caught up, I will open the epilogue thread. At the end of that thread I will post one last time, and close the thread.
Grad school begins in a week, and I may not be able to run a sequel for some time.
But I will give out XP.
If we play BR again, you guys will all be invited.
And , Rob, go ahead and drafty summer domain turn at your leisure.
In any case, I had a great time running you all, and I hope that you all enjoyed play.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:30 am
by ewancummins
Oh, and of course you guys may, as in previous forum games, ask me post- game/story arc questions.
I'll answer what I can without spoiling things that might arise in a sequel.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:34 am
by Varrus the Ethical
Well, Roald did promise to help Foerde find Gale in return for his assistance, so he'll go along with him if and when he decides to go elf-hunting. Aside form that, he'll try to confront the Arcprelate over his decision to send Roald away and also spend time trying to get to know Beatrix while he mullS Devlin's decision to have him marry her.
Assuming this is the end of our shared story, I have to say, I've enjoyed my character's arc immensely. Not every game you get to go from mercenary ruffian to a Duke's brother in the time of play.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:36 am
by ewancummins
Varrus the Ethical wrote:Well, Roald did promise to help Foerde find Gale in return for his assistance, so he'll go along with him if and when he decides to go elf-hunting. Aside form that, he'll try to confront the Arcprelate over his decision to send Roald away and also spend time trying to get to know Beatrix while he mull Devlin's decision to have him marry her.
Assuming this is the end of our shared story, I have to say, I've enjoyed my character's arc immensely. Not every game you get to go from mercenary ruffian to a Duke's brother in the time of play.
Might be the end, might not. We'll see how brutal the grind of grad school turns out to be.
As you say, your guy had a great story arc.
I also enjoyed watching the changes in the fortunes and relationships of the other PCs, through the course of play.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:07 am
by VAN
Wow really nice ending! at least for now ending
Filbert will not go with Foerde and Roald for now. But who knows maybe he will join them later on.
As ambassador he will try to strengthen the Tuor alliances. I don't remember right now what exactly but the Archduke has told him that he will help them if they accept to do something for him. Filbert will make sure to do this something and if necessary will go to visit him again. He will also visit the son of Carilon and see how the peace treat is going and try to make things actually work for both domains. Then he will try to find the toymaker and bring him to justice.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:00 am
by JMaytr
Devlin will be continuing to hold sorentier castle. He will not be giving it over to the new ruler and will negotiate terms for keeping the province without bloodshed. (ie, allowing the Alams to create 0 level holdings in exchange for the recognition of devlins rule) Devlin feels its his responsibility to protect and care for all of the north as his hated cousin did not. As for provinces, Devlin just wants the 1 with sorentier. He will also begin creating law holdings throughout the north. When that is done, he will give the castle to Count Robin, name him a Baron, and charge him and his heirs with protecting the north (If Roald marries Beatrix, His heirs will be included in that decree, if he refuses to marry, Devlin will push to have Beatrix marry Lynwerds son, and then bring him to Haes as Devlins ward)
Devlin will ask Braedonnel to assist foerde, whom he recognizes as his childhood hero, the huntsman.
as he does, he will begin negotiating with Boeruine to help keep our borders safe while they quest against the manslayer.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:42 am
by Adam
Cormac will hhelp Foerde with finding Gale, as that was got him sent to Haes and into this mess in the first place.
His men *ahem* may do a bit of sacking if they can get away with it when we take control of that castle. Nothing serious, but some lords and ladies may lose some of their nicer things to help fund the newly established church of Erik.
He'll probably alternate his time in between building up the church, fighting goblins to free slaves, and keeping an eye out for expansion of that church I'm supposed to be opposing in the North.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:13 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
WOOOOOO Haha at last a relatively unambiguous win in a Ewan campaign!
I gotta say, playing Renn was every bit as fun as I expected it to be. My Ravenloft character, Dorgio, is in many ways such a goody two-shoes who's often crippled by indecision about the "right" thing to do. So it was a great change to play a character with a much faster and looser sense of ethics. Scheming is fun!
I've got an epilogue in mind, but i'll wait 'till you open the thread to post it.
Hmmm, the concept of marrying off Beatrix to the son of her attempted rapist may draw just a wee bit of pushback from house Ghonallison about that particular plan, but I'm sure we can avoid such a misfortune. Then again, maybe Robin would acquiese given how generous Devlin has been since Lynwerd's death, but I doubt Renn would approve to say the least. Ah well, that newfound father-son bond couldn't have lasted forever!
On the other hand, Renn would have no problem seeing Beatrix married off to Roald.
And if Carilon is wandering the Five Peaks right now, Renn and his merry band of mountain fighters-turned-guardsmen might just try to help speed him on the path to his next existence.
One question: That scrap of poetry that Renn got at the theater, was there any significance to it being from The King in Yellow?