Page 32 of 146
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:12 pm
by Isabella
Shh!

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:31 pm
by DocBeard
That explains the slowed updates. Don't want to let us on to his kung fu, eh?!
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:46 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
So, my laptop just died. Until I get it fixed, or get a new one, I won't be around on AIM and probably will not be posting much. Sorry guys! Don't beat up the mysterious white-eyed man without me!
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:38 pm
by DocBeard
I don't know when I'm going to be in the right frame of mind to post. Just assume Tomas stomps along if we get out of the house in less than a day or two.
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:00 am
by Nerit
Hmm. Hope you're well, Doc.
So, is it just me or did anyone else think of that scene in
The Mummy when Cerise pulled out her religious charms?
Also! Dunno if assist or rolling separate was better for Streetwise. That and Athletics is probably my least used roll in any DnD game evar. *fail*
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:19 am
by Kaitou Kage
I got a 17 to Streetwise. I'll post something tomorrow morning!
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:11 pm
by NeoTiamat
May I inquire as to what, if any, is the plan? As the DMs appear to be getting somewhat mixed messages here between "Bluff our way in", "Sneak our way in", and "Barge our way in with a gendarmerie warrant."
If no one proposes any particular plans by 5 PM EST, Wednesday, then I'll just have Richard throw a rope over the side of the ship and you can clamber aboard sometime tomorrow.
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:07 pm
by Kaitou Kage
Cyrus would vastly prefer the sneaking/bluffing route, please.
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:48 pm
by DocBeard
It depends on what kind of resistance we meet. Tomas's patience is wafer thin right now and he's one more bad turn away from going 1st edition on people.
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:20 am
by Nerit
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I was being a sheep and trying to assist Agale. Mostly because he presented a possible "legit" way. ButhonestlyNeritwilldowhateverthemajoritysays. She may protest but ignore her, really.
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:42 am
by Nathan of the FoS
Count me in for a bluff, if we can get our heads together and decide what our story is. One idea would be for Darius and Cyrus to say that the Hazlani embassy has sent us to examine the cargo; the main drawback to that is that the ambassador might not appreciate it much, depending on what happens and what the relationship is between the Hazlani involved in this little smuggling operation have with a) the Hazlani government, b) the ambassador personally.
If we can't get our heads together in time to work out a story, which seems likely at this point, then "sneak" would be my next choice.
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:56 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
I'm all for bluffing and sneaking until we have no better recourse than the gendarmes' bit of paper. Seriously, allying ourselves publically with any side in the brewing conflict right now seems to spell disaster to me!
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:51 am
by DocBeard
Argh I forgot to endorse the ambassador's story twice in a row. Sorry Nate-go for it.
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:09 am
by NeoTiamat
Rock wrote:I'm all for bluffing and sneaking until we have no better recourse than the gendarmes' bit of paper. Seriously, allying ourselves publically with any side in the brewing conflict right now seems to spell disaster to me!
I'm reminded of an old, traditional definition for a moderate (in this case, someone who stays between all the factions). It's someone who gets shot at from both the left
and the right.
Let's see... pretty unanimous endorsement of the bluffing and sneaking ideas, in roughly that order, and a bit of endorsement for Nathan's ambassador idea. Anyone have other ideas or are we going with that?
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:31 pm
by lostboy
Count me in for the sneaking / bluffing (in that order). Nicholas is far better at the latter but I think the less our presence on that boat is noted the better.
Im open to whatever bluff we go for, the ambassador thing is as good as any, but lets have a plan B just in case the boat already has some Hazlani types on board (which would probabley render the charade redundant).
sorry for lack of posting, work got the better of me this week.