Page 31 of 146

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:20 am
by Isabella
lostboy wrote:Where's Cavendish when you need him? He'd have the guy performing a drum solo with his own kneebones by now... :)
Ironic you'd be the one to ask the question, considering who did the final deed... :wink:

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:31 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
lostboy wrote:Where's Cavendish when you need him? He'd have the guy performing a drum solo with his own kneebones by now... :)
*hgkt!* >.< Um, let's not wish for his return too loud. There already is a 'C' in play, after all.

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:57 pm
by DocBeard
If I know my structure as well as I act like I do, Cavendish can't return properly until the third game/story.

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:00 pm
by NeoTiamat
Tempting, but if I bring him back I'd have to figure out how he survived the ritual backlash, and figure out an even more imposing send off. Even for my fertile imagination, that'd be a tall order.

As far as crematoriums go...

To be honest, this was not something I'd particularly developed earlier, so we'll say that you guys can find a crematorium if you really need one, if only by asking around. If you feel the need to roll, a DC 15 Streetwise will get it to you.

However, I should note that if you decide to carry the body around through the streets again, someone will notice and someone will call the Gendarme, so you'll need to think about that. At minimum, very hefty Stealth or Bluff Checks are required.

[EDIT: That's hefty Stealth or Bluff if you just do the "two guys carrying him" thing. Other ideas would require different, and probably lower DC checks]

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:04 pm
by DocBeard
Fug it, I'll close the guy's eyes and say a prayer.

And there's always the, "Make a deal with Orcus." option, NT.

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Or you could make a run for the harbor, stuff bricks in his pockets and give him a sailor's burial.

...

That or hail a cab coach, hope you can Bluff the driver into believing you're taking a drunk/injured friend home.

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:27 pm
by lostboy
At the risk of a powers check Im inclined to splash him with rum, and leave him where he is. True it isnt very respectful, but sonner or later someone will find him, probabley call the gendarmes, then he gets a burial anyway.

Playing weekend at Bernies all night isnt the safest idea when the cops are out looking for us already...

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:30 pm
by lostboy
Isabella wrote:Ironic you'd be the one to ask the question, considering who did the final deed... :wink:
Oh I know, I just miss the psychopathic muscial numbers... :(

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:33 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
lostboy wrote:Oh I know, I just miss the psychopathic muscial numbers... :(
NO! No, stop that! NO SINGING.

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:14 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Nathan of the FoS wrote:
lostboy wrote:Oh I know, I just miss the psychopathic muscial numbers... :(
NO! No, stop that! NO SINGING.
Seconded! No to the 'funny' murder tableaus! >_<

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:19 pm
by NeoTiamat
lostboy wrote:
Isabella wrote:Ironic you'd be the one to ask the question, considering who did the final deed... :wink:
Oh I know, I just miss the psychopathic muscial numbers... :(
You're the only one who appreciates me, Lostboy.

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:19 pm
by Isabella
DocBeard wrote:And there's always the, "Make a deal with Orcus." option, NT.
You guys told us in Book 10 that Cavvy had long outstayed his welcome and should've been killed at the end of it, now you're giving us suggestions for how he comes back? :P

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 pm
by Cronax
If I know my structure as well as I act like I do, Cavendish can't return properly until the third game/story.
Yep, although when he does, it'll be in a non villain or even helpful role against some even greater threat.

Also, we appear to be up against a Flash Villain.

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:26 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Does this guard superior remind anyone else of Mr. Teatime from Terry Pratchett's 'Hogfather'?

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:11 pm
by Nerit
I never read that one. I suck. (And I'm really behind in Discworld, by about 20 books.)

He reminds me of someone from Isa's webcomic, actually. Probably because...he is :P?


*flees*