Page 4 of 327
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:35 am
by Ail
And as for knowledges, there is not such a skill in 2ed
Hey, folks, I had a fancy for birthright many years ago, when I actually was studying a bit about heraldry. If any of you would like to have a jpg with their shield made, I can make one for you (just give me enough time), just for the fun of it.
I did a few in the past for a group of guild mates in an MMO, but I've lost the pics, otherwise I'd show them to you.
Anyways... that's the offer.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:40 am
by ewancummins
Ail wrote:And as for knowledges, there is not such a skill in 2ed
Hey, folks, I had a fancy for birthright many years ago, when I actually was studying a bit about heraldry. If any of you would like to have a jpg with their shield made, I can make one for you (just give me enough time), just for the fun of it.
I did a few in the past for a group of guild mates in an MMO, but I've lost the pics, otherwise I'd show them to you.
Anyways... that's the offer.
Oooh, nice!

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:51 am
by ewancummins
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Okay, so did we all decide our characters were archers this time?
I'd originally conceptualized Renn as using a longbow, but I'd be happy to do a little re-tooling on Renn so that we don't have a lot of redundant skills.
Oh, I'd keep the bow. It's cool.
Besides, the player characters
may not necessarilly form an adventuring party, although of course paths will cross. The PCs are all connected into the larger plot-- but
not in a rigid, railroad sort of way. This one has expanded room for subplots, split scences, etc.
Tuornen's story is your story--all of your stories are part of it.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:06 am
by ewancummins
RocEter wrote:Sweet natural 20! I hit an AC of -7.
If double damage I did a grand total of 22.
Noted.
I'd like to playtest an optional rule from page 86 of the PHB.
If you roll a Natural 20, you get a second attack at normal damage.
Ah, and if the second roll is also a nat 20? You get a third roll. And so on and so forth. It's highly unlikely, but conceivable, that an
incredibly lucky set of rolls could in one round take down somebody with a truckload of HP. Not likely, but possible.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:09 am
by ewancummins
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]+4 damage
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:10 am
by ewancummins
Ah, that's not a fumble as it was an additional attack.
Check the post...
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:24 am
by ewancummins
Tarlyn, if your PC has gather intelligence or streetwise ( street sense) she may attempt a NWP check to get more info.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:04 am
by Adam
I am actually a cleric. Not that you would know by looking at me...but yeah.
I may take you up on the heraldry thing. Rogerson is actually the old-english origin of my last name, Rogers. So, I may send you our family crest and see what you can come up with.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:30 am
by steveflam
ewancummins wrote:Tarlyn, if your PC has gather intelligence or streetwise ( street sense) she may attempt a NWP check to get more info.
Okay coming up.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:32 am
by steveflam
Gather information 12
Also should fit with my post as she is actively seeking information after she leaves the dive. So can count the roll for with FEz and the rest of the time?
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:43 pm
by RocEter
If Cormac doesn't stop the hunter he goes to find the donkey. Cormac is welcome to follow along and leave the bandit for dead..
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:04 pm
by steveflam
Just am curious. How many are we? Maybe ewan could state the players and their pc's?
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:22 pm
by Adam
The picture that Cormac's character was inspired from.
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/image ... 98_3S22wbQ
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:09 am
by RocEter
Image of the hunter. He has tawny color hair and thick bushy side burns like a loins mane. He also appears to be in his early 20s.
Also I don't know what Cormac knows about the Huntsman, or if he has heard the legends. I leave that up to Ewan.
Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:51 am
by VAN
Filbert is a halfling, the hair are a bit lighter than those at the pic and the eyes are dark brown. He has use to have a colorful outfit and a jester hat.