Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:14 am
"Torches and pitchforks?" Lia repeats behind Tomas. "My, you have been busy since last we met. Still, an upgrade from fangs and claws, which I seem to recall you complaining of at that occasion."
Welcome, friends, to our establishment.
http://fraternityofshadows.com/forum/


"A warrior priest." Katja said, nodding to herself as though this explained something. It was a statement with rather more finality than was customary in casual conversation, but then again that may have just been an illusion of the clipped Lamordian accent."Katja," Cyrus savored the word for a moment. He looked over her assortment of weapons and smiled again, and then patted the hilt of his greatsword. "A fan, you might say," he replied, "Or an appreciator of swordwork and a templar of the Lawgiver. Most of his clergy are trained in martial skill."

Cerise gave a bell-like, almost shocked sounding laugh, her hand flying to her mouth. "Oh, yes, we shall!" she eagerly agreed, fixing Tomas with a grin that suddenly looked a little too cheerful.The Whistler wrote:“And my dear Mlle. Rondelet, already so well-versed in his exploits! We shall have to plumb the very depths of his experience to sate our curiosities, shall we not?”
DocBeard wrote:"But, sure, I'll sign!" Tomas grins a bit. "I'm not used to people without pitchforks or torches knowing my name, forgive the novelty."
"Thank you so much, good monsieur!" Cerise exclaimed, beaming. She clutched the periodical to her chest, looking extremely satisfied with herself. "So what room are you in, M. Eisenwald? I'm in room fourteen... of course, you know that already, since you're standing right next to it," she laughed, sticking out her tongue as she playfully bopped herself on the head.Rock wrote:"Torches and pitchforks?" Lia repeats behind Tomas. "My, you have been busy since last we met. Still, an upgrade from fangs and claws, which I seem to recall you complaining of at that occasion."
"I see. I suppose that is an adequate use of one's time." Mr. Agale commented with a look of disdain. Breaking into what was no doubt intended as a little cheerful smile, but which somehow ended up a tad sinister, he continued "But no matter, I'm sure a capable young woman such as yourself will have no trouble advancing yourself.""I mostly work at the Hospice of the White Dove in the Quartier Ouvrier. These days they need what help they can get," Alice said, more somberly. Richard made a slight noise in the back of his throat, but said nothing.
He cocks an eye with interest toward Sister Nerit. "Yes, I had heard that there were a few offshoots of the Home Faith. If you would be so inclined, I would be interested in learning more on the subject"De rien! But yes, I am from where you speak of." It was obvious Richard was very uncomfortable with the northern sect. She watched him carefully, but was soon distracted by Alice again.
Celeste looked back and forth between Lia and Tomas for a second or two—one could almost see the wheels turning in her head—then, perceiving a not unwelcome shift in the prevailing social dynamic, broke into an accommodating smile.Mlle. Mourneswaithe wrote:The look accompanying the smile continues perhaps a second longer than is completely comfortable, and then Lia shifts her smiling gaze to Tomas. "Why don't I help you with the luggage," she suggests, "and then treat you to some tea in my chamber? We have much to discuss after all this time, no?"


Richard blinked his pale grey eyes. "There is no better work than helping others," he stated simply, without reproach.Cronax wrote:"I see. I suppose that is an adequate use of one's time." Mr. Agale commented with a look of disdain. Breaking into what was no doubt intended as a little cheerful smile, but which somehow ended up a tad sinister, he continued "But no matter, I'm sure a capable young woman such as yourself will have no trouble advancing yourself."
Nerit wrote:"De rien! But yes, I am from where you speak of." It was obvious Richard was very uncomfortable with the northern sect. She watched him carefully, but was soon distracted by Alice again.
"So would I." Richard said, a bit faster than seemed comfortable. Alice gave him a surprised look.Cronax wrote:He cocks an eye with interest toward Sister Nerit. "Yes, I had heard that there were a few offshoots of the Home Faith. If you would be so inclined, I would be interested in learning more on the subject
Charles Devereux, for his part, had spent the last several minutes staring at a large painting that hung on the common room's wall. It was a hunting scene, of a green-coated huntsman riding on a horse, a pack of hounds before him chasing a brilliant, russet fox through the dark forest. Devereux seemed to be focused entirely on a patch of darkness just behind the huntsman's back, an amorphous blob of dark paint.Nerit wrote:"I would be delighted to have a discussion about the faith, Monsieur Agale, but at the present I would like to continue the tour or put this bag away in my room." Nerit smiled and raised her eyebrows, but at Devereux. She adjusted her fingers over her luggage and wondered if he would catch the hint.

“Along the King's Highway, mostly.” Zweibach said, putting down the traveling case. She shrugged off the drab, olive-grey greatcoat and hung it up on a peg near the door, checking the pockets briefly to make sure she hadn't forgotten anything in them. Underneath that massive garment the Lamordian woman wore a long-sleeved, rose-colored riding shirt and a pair of tight-fitting tan breeches. No longer muffled by the coat, the dagger at her belt clinked against hand-axe. “I enlisted in the Nartok regiment under Baron Volker when I was eighteen.”Kaitou Kage wrote:As Katja returned, the Hazlani made a point to address her again. "Where did you learn to fight?" he asked.



Understanding flickered in Cerise's eyes, and then something in the young woman's smile seemed to soften as Tomas began to back away. "Like I said, I'm here because it's right by the university. I'm a student there," she explained, rather amicably. "Thierri here is apparently a-"DocBeard wrote:Tomas pulls on his collar, looking for avenues to take the spotlight off of him. This is what living on the road for a decade does to you. "...how about yourselves?" There, scattershot.
Rock wrote:Moving forward quite casually, she snakes one elbow through his in a gesture that smacks more than a little of the possessive as she smiles sweetly at Cerise. "And of course," she says in a light tone of voice, "our heroic knight has friends living in this area, who are always happy to see him."
"I think not," Thierri replied to Tomas, a bit of a smug smile on his face. "Monsieur, you shall not rob me of my audience."DocBeard wrote:"Really, you don't have to help, it's my job. I'll be able to finish up after I have tea with Lia."
Celeste looked as if she’d just been given a pony.M. Boucher wrote:"Mademoiselle Viardot," he said with a sly grin, "follow me, and allow me to transform the mundanity of moving into the entertainment of kings."