Page 3 of 327

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:28 pm
by RocEter
Ewan if you want a to hit roll for the punch let me know. Not trying to hurt the fellow, its just for the scene.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:04 pm
by ewancummins
RocEter wrote:Ewan if you want a to hit roll for the punch let me know. Not trying to hurt the fellow, its just for the scene.

He's too spooked to resist and you aren't hitting hard enough to do real damage. No probs.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:11 pm
by ewancummins
Adam wrote:How does sensing motive work in 2e?

It's not covered by a specific skill. In this case, we'll treat it as a modified Wisdom check. Wisdom covers stuff like intuition, judgement, and guile.

Roll a D20. You want to roll low. I'n not revealing the modifer, because you shouldn't be quite sure if you succeeded

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:31 pm
by ewancummins
modified surprise checks

Hunter- not surprised due to proximity and alertness

Cormac

[dice]0[/dice]

Only a 1 will be surprise, as Cormac is on alert, but the Hunter's body may partially hide his target's motions.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 pm
by ewancummins
init gangly killer


[dice]0[/dice] +3 speed factor

init Hunter [dice]1[/dice] +5 to use longsword (without a real weapon, he'll get penalties againsta guy with a blade)

init Cormac (short bow in hand)[dice]2[/dice] +7

So it goes:
Hunter
Gangly Man
Cormac


If Cormac shoots into melee, he may hit the Hunter by accident. He gets two shots in one round if he likes (RoF 2).

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:42 pm
by ewancummins
Cormac could also, acting at the end of the round, switch drop his bow and rush to attack the gangly man in wrasslin'fistiicffs-- or drop it, grab another weapon, and move into position.

Or just watch the fun.


It's up to you guys. I've set up the fight.


You may post damage with to hit rolls, in case you do actually hit 'im.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:31 pm
by RocEter
The Huntsman doesn't suffer fools who would attack him.

To hit roll with his longsword. [dice]0[/dice]+3

Damage if hits [dice]1[/dice]+4

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:32 pm
by RocEter
Sweet natural 20! I hit an AC of -7.

If double damage I did a grand total of 22.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:23 am
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Okay, so did we all decide our characters were archers this time? :D

I'd originally conceptualized Renn as using a longbow, but I'd be happy to do a little re-tooling on Renn so that we don't have a lot of redundant skills.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:08 am
by steveflam
Dominica uses a short bow and short sword. She has the coolest armor.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:25 am
by VAN
Filbert uses daggers, but he can also use short bow and short sword if needed.

The thing is that I'm afraid all of us have taken fighters, rangers and rogues and we have no cleric or wizard...Which means we lack in knowledges and we have nobody to heal us.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:07 am
by Brock Marsh Runoff
I see what you're saying Van, but this being Birthright, perhaps we can hire out some spellcasters. After all, as nobles we're almost obligated to buy the clergy. :twisted:

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:13 am
by RocEter
I use a longsword and bow. I have access to some low level healing spells, not much though.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:33 pm
by steveflam
Honestly I don't think having a spellcaster or priest will be that important. As Brock says we can always hire one out ;)

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:25 pm
by VAN
If we can afford hiring a priest then it's fine by me :)