Page 19 of 146
Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:20 pm
by Cronax
I call shenanigans.. 3 8's in a row on the online dice roller. =P
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:37 am
by The Whistler
Cooking up a post that I'll finish/post during lunch break. It involves a comparatively mediocre 18 Diplomacy check to get everyone to evacuate, though...anyone in the room feel like assisting? Which of the NPCs around are trained in it, if any?
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:05 am
by yalenusveler
The Whistler wrote:Cooking up a post that I'll finish/post during lunch break. It involves a comparatively mediocre 18 Diplomacy check to get everyone to evacuate, though...anyone in the room feel like assisting? Which of the NPCs around are trained in it, if any?
Unfortunately, I'm far from the best at lending aid. Do we have anyone diplomatically trained to render aid who happens to be on scene?
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:12 am
by Isabella
Richard is trained in Diplomacy and can assist if asked. Currently, he and Alice are the only npcs in your direct vicinity.
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:28 pm
by Cronax
Unfortunately, I'm far from the best at lending aid. Do we have anyone diplomatically trained to render aid who happens to be on scene?
Even if you are as bad at diplomacy as you can possibly be at this level, you still have a 60% chance of making the DC 10 to assist. (and as far as I know, there is no penalty for failing to assist)
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:25 pm
by yalenusveler
And with advice taken, an 11 on an Aid Another on Diplomacy, bumping Celeste to a 20. If you want to factor in Kerrian heading to assist Celeste in calming the delightful mob of panicking nobility, feel free to include in your post, Whistler.
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:07 pm
by The Whistler
Posted before I saw that--thanks!
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:49 pm
by The Whistler
Neo wrote:"Such sleekness, such elegance, and such convenience. I must say that our dresses proved to be no end of trouble in tonight's excitment!"
LOL...so, in real life, the catalyst for the Regency fashion aesthetic is the French Revolution...and in Ravenloft, it's Celeste wearing a kimono during a terrorist attack. That's kind of excellent.
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:51 pm
by DocBeard
Say it with me, folks, "I've got a plan so crazy it just might work!".
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:53 pm
by NeoTiamat
DocBeard wrote:Say it with me, folks, "I've got a plan so crazy it just might work!"
*DM chuckles darkly*
Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:17 pm
by NeoTiamat
ANNOUNCEMENTS
First off, everyone is now level
6
Secondly, feedback!
- For 3 RT: What did you think of the Book? What did you like, what did you dislike, what did you think was awesome?
For 3 RT: What do you think of the main cast of NPCs? House NPCs, strictly speaking, though there were quite a few cameos by old EoA NPCs this Book (just because we're starting out, they make handy adventure hooks).
Lastly, we're in Interlude now. I figure that people will be having finals, papers, and holidays, so we can lay low for a while and just recap the Book, chat, and run side-RPs till Book Two starts up. Tell us what day is good for you to end the Interlude?
Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:18 pm
by Isabella
Do
I get RTs if I say what
I thought of our book?

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:21 pm
by NeoTiamat
Yes.
Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:24 pm
by NeoTiamat
ANNOUNCEMENT
Equipment: Everyone recieves:
100 gp.
200 gp worth of residuum
1 Level 9 or lower Item of their choice.
I'll leave the fluff of how you recieve this up to you guys.
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:48 am
by Cronax
As a whole, I think chapter one went pretty well. It started off a little shaky, but by the climax was rolling right along. I felt that Mr. Agale and the other PCs were sometimes working at cross purposes and failed to plan well enough at times, but I think that this is a dramatically reasonable way to kick things off as they've all just met. Maybe its just my own lack of social skills, but I found grilling the various suspects a little tedious with the small talk and skirting around the issue trying to get them to spill the beans without doing so ourselves. I have to say I rather enjoyed the scenes where there was a definitive goal to accomplish.
I can tell we've only scratched the surface with most of them. As someone who didn't follow the EoA completely from start to finish, it seems to me that you're going a little light when it comes to developing them as opposed to the brand new NPCs. I have to say the Lemercier/Petrik comedy duo are my favorites so far.
FYI: for anyone shopping for +2 heavy armor, remember that it can be masterwork (Finemail, Drakescale or Layered plate). Check page 197 of the PHB2.