Page 147 of 186
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:03 pm
by VAN
Guys I'm pretty sure Gertie can use only whip. I remember Steve saying that. Gertie never liked violence, but since is NPC now it's DM's call.
Anyway Tom is the archer he will take the shots. He has leather and shied so no need to cast the spell on him.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:08 pm
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:Guys I'm pretty sure Gertie can use only whip. I remember Steve saying that. Gertie never liked violence, but since is NPC now it's DM's call.
Anyway Tom is the archer he will take the shots. He has leather and shied so no need to cast the spell on him.
As per our rules, she can handle others weapons.
But will she?
She's averse to killing. Thus the whip.
She's probably not against setting a ship's sail on fire. Shooting men down in the street, though, is not her thing.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:11 pm
by ewancummins
ewancummins wrote:I'll be back tonight. Will answer questions then.
New PC introed. Feel free to RP.
Note:
GERTIE has spotted SIXT.
I leave it up to Lord Skybolt to describe his character in greater detail.
Ditto for all of you. This might be a good time to remind all the other players about the appearance, race, sex, obvious equipment, etc of your PC.
Unless a player states otherwise, I am assuming SIXT is observing the group without obvious signs of hostility, and the same is true for the group.
Feel free to RP this as you please, guys.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:30 pm
by alhoon
I won't be able to respond for like... 15-16 hours.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:30 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:I won't be able to respond for like... 15-16 hours.
NP
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:14 am
by ewancummins
One in twelve chance that Sixt can identify the pirates's leader by what he has seen thus far, plus a peek at that ship.
[dice]0[/dice]
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:18 am
by ewancummins
Close!
But he doesn't know.
He does know
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:20 am
by ewancummins
ROUND 1
Talking and...?
ROUND 2
?
ROUND 3
?
Fill in your preparatory actions, guys.
Making fire arrows, climbing, whatever.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:52 am
by Adam
If it looks like we can take them, numbers wise, let's just fight our way on board. If not, come back like we're bringing booty to the ship and drop off the oil casks that way.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:07 am
by alhoon
I think they can tell we're not pirates... I'm a gnome and we have a half-elf.
But YOU GUYS can disguise yourselves. The wizards and cleric need to grab a weapon from the pirates we downed.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:06 pm
by Adam
So you're aware, I'm going to Gencon later this week. Don't wait on me to post starting Tuesday evening. I'll still check in periodically, but Ewan can run Alfonse for me when I'm not here (ironically, Alfonse is probably safer when the GM chooses what happens anyway.)
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:08 pm
by ewancummins
If anyone has the disguise NWP, he may use that to improve the chances of passing as pirates.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:35 am
by ewancummins
As suggested in the earlier combat where you guys disabled a thug without killing him, I am using the AT DEATH's DOOR optional rule.
I haven't done this to increase complexity in play, but to:
1) increase survival odds for your PCs (and, being fair, for NPCs, as well)
2) allow for captures in combat. Not every fight has to end with one side running away or being wiped out.
3) make the healing and herbalism NWPs more useful
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:06 pm
by alhoon
Fild doesn't have an opinion on how to treat the pirates.
But I would prefer if we didn't use our limited magically healing capacity to heal pirates. Bind the wounds may not be bad; would increase our chances of survival if we're captured and we would have more captives to present if we win.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:46 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:Fild doesn't have an opinion on how to treat the pirates.
But I would prefer if we didn't use our limited magically healing capacity to heal pirates. Bind the wounds may not be bad; would increase our chances of survival if we're captured and we would have more captives to present if we win.
Even without healing or herbalism NWPs, a character can attempt first aid. It might stabilize a guy.
NWPs are better than no training.