Page 146 of 186

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:54 pm
by ewancummins
NPC

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

[dice]2[/dice]

[dice]3[/dice]

[dice]4[/dice]

[dice]5[/dice]


STR 14
DEX 10
CON 10, replace with 11
INT 9
WIS 14
CHR 7

Smith

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:14 pm
by Metaflux
I have a quick question. Afterwards, I'll make my post. When it comes to AD&D, are all classes able to climb normally, or are there dice rolls? I'm not familiar with athletic or acrobatic actions.

Edit: what I would like to do, if allowed to suggest this, Lowen has torches, and carrying the whale oil up the side of the building might prove troublesome, but if I empty out a waterskin, fill it with the oil, hoist it up the side alongside Gertie, and then have her dip her arrows in the oil, I could light a torch, and she could unleash on the sails of the ships.

Thoughts?

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:11 pm
by ewancummins
He can climb that wall in one round at a 40% chance of success.

If somebody gives him a boost, I'll raise his chance to 50%

It's not sheer.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:12 pm
by ewancummins
Metaflux wrote:I have a quick question. Afterwards, I'll make my post. When it comes to AD&D, are all classes able to climb normally, or are there dice rolls? I'm not familiar with athletic or acrobatic actions.

Edit: what I would like to do, if allowed to suggest this, Lowen has torches, and carrying the whale oil up the side of the building might prove troublesome, but if I empty out a waterskin, fill it with the oil, hoist it up the side alongside Gertie, and then have her dip her arrows in the oil, I could light a torch, and she could unleash on the sails of the ships.

Thoughts?
Oh, and if GERTIE and or Damien go up with rope, him getting up is easier.


Making quick and dirty, but effective fire arrows could be an Engineering NWP roll for him.
(Bowyer/fletcher would work, too.)
They get used in sieges, and sieges are not infrequently part of an engineer's job in this setting.

EDIT:
If he had cloth, too, it would be more effective.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:37 pm
by ewancummins
Sling fired at guy running?

Roll d20

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:41 pm
by Metaflux
attack
[dice]0[/dice]

damage
[dice]1[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:44 pm
by ewancummins
Note: I was going to intro a potentially friendly NPC, but Lord Skybolt is joining, so I will let him play the dude. Less work for me. More benefit for players.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:44 pm
by ewancummins
Metaflux wrote:attack
[dice]226492:0[/dice]

damage
[dice]226492:1[/dice]
Nat one

Ouch

[dice]0[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:54 pm
by ewancummins
No damage to himself , allies, or gear, unless he prefers not to dodge as described.

Your call.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:07 pm
by ewancummins
[dice]0[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:09 pm
by ewancummins
Okay, Pirates are not immediately investing the arquebus shot and noise of a fight.


That last guy got away, so he may warn others.



Alertness


tom
[dice]0[/dice]

Alertness

GERTIE
[dice]1[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:10 pm
by ewancummins
Successes.

And wis check survivor pirate

[dice]0[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:12 pm
by ewancummins
Failure.

He doesn't stop to warn his comrades in any clear way.

You have ThREE rounds to prep stuff.

Load arquebus, climb, make fire arrows, whatever.

Tom and GERTIE keep a sharp lookout.
You won't get jumped again by baddies in these three rounds.


Tell me what you do.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:10 am
by alhoon
How many pirates on the ship?
Perhaps we could rush out, pushing\rolling\carrying the casket of whale oil. Perhaps the shield spell should go to the one pushing the oil in that case.
Or we could all get some whale oil and storm the ship. Douse it and retreat. Then Gertie sets it on fire.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:20 am
by ewancummins
I'll be back tonight. Will answer questions then.

New PC introed. Feel free to RP.