Page 132 of 186

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:48 pm
by alhoon
Adam wrote: Also, I thought we were here for questioning, not under arrest.
That's what Fild thought too...
My guess is they 100% don't want us to go away, but in case we find a foot with the big ones (we've dropped some attention-grabbing names) they want to make it seem as if we have a choice.

A kind of "You can pick any one of those three cards!" "I want the left one" "The left? Are you sure you don't want the middle one?" "Yes" "Sorry forgot to mention, you're free to pick the left one of course, but I'll have to crush your hand if you do. So, still going for the left one with your completely free choice?"

I could be wrong, but that's what it seems to me. In fact...
Ewan, can I get a wisdom check for Fild to gauge the reason of the false appearances? Why not just grab Fild and tell him in no uncertain terms that he has to follow or else?

Practically I want Fild to check if the theory of "they may know important people, so let's not put the heat on them unless they don't do exactly what we want" is correct. Not sure if it's wisdom or intelligence or whatever.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:03 pm
by ewancummins
[dice]0[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:05 pm
by ewancummins
FILD...
VIEW CONTENT:
Can see he is a person of great interest in this matter. Not under arrest, but any mistake might land him in bad trouble. Nothing about the watchmen's manner toward him gives him the impression that defer to him or are intimidated by him. It's more like detached professionalism.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:08 pm
by VAN
Detect noise: [dice]0[/dice]

So Tom hears nothing...

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:08 pm
by ewancummins
And I'd better check something



1 in 6

[dice]0[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:24 pm
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:Detect noise: [dice]225970:0[/dice]

So Tom hears nothing...
It was worth a try.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:25 pm
by steveflam
Detect Noise for what?

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:26 pm
by ewancummins
steveflam wrote:Detect Noise for what?
Van was seeing if Tom could catch any of the noise/argument/tussle going on out in the hall, beyond a closed door.

There's a guard by the door, so you cannot just walk up and listen.
Listening from the middle of the room is a DETECT/HEAR NOISE check.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:43 pm
by steveflam
Do we know theres a tussle or not? If not IM not doing one.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:56 pm
by Adam
[dice]0[/dice] I'll bite. Maybe I hear something.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:26 pm
by ewancummins
Adam wrote:[dice]225979:0[/dice] I'll bite. Maybe I hear something.
Indistinct voices, a loud murmur. And clattering and bumping.
Not loud or clear enough for him to get a sense of what it was about.

The noises stop a little before the doors open and the new people come in.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:26 pm
by ewancummins
steveflam wrote:Do we know theres a tussle or not? If not IM not doing one.
You do not know more than I have written, without doing a check.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:28 pm
by ewancummins
1 in 4 chance Gubbio sees Gertie's face as she mouths a word.

VIEW CONTENT:
[dice]0[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:00 am
by ewancummins
INT guards


[dice]0[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:17 am
by ewancummins
Note to players:

You left the module behind midway through Chapter Six.
The ambush scene is the climax. After that ( if it even occurs-- the module is not linear) further action is left up to the DM, with a few hints about how to proceed.

And of course there were some things added before play began by me, in case you decided to poke into certain matters. The old vineyard location and a fuller development of the thugs you encountered early on, for example.
I have planned ahead for multiple possibilities, expanded on baddies' schemes, fleshed out the city a bit more, etc. so I am able to keep running the game.