Page 125 of 146

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:46 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Okay. Okay.

I can:
A) Run like an idiot and hope my Athletics check is high enough to keep up with that bloody mog. I'm not liking those chances, myself. :-\
B) Use Dimension Door to teleport myself ahead of the mog, which is sure-fire. Downside, I can only cast it once a day, and I probably won't do too well balancing on a ledge. Upside, I have something that will stop me from falling to my actual death, so that's okay. (Safewing amulet.)
C) Fire at the mog again. I can do that. However, it doesn't appear to be taking any real damage, and so I have to question the usefulness of firing spells that might be useful against any minions the mog has here. Still, I could potentially knock it off its perch and gain those of us with running skills valuable ground. If you guys want me to try, I'm game.
D) Do something ridiculous and highly dangerous in an effort to save Thierri's life. Not going into details right now.
E) This only if the DM allows it: Use Mage Hand in an attempt to grab the bag the box is in off the mog's back. If NT okays this, I feel strongly about it. ^^

What say you, fellow adventurers? Any preferences from your side?

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:28 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
I have no special abilities that are relevant to healing Thierri, and that sounds like it's definitely the best way to start. So I guess that means the first step is for you, YV.

I don't know if we can get more bonuses to the Heal checks by making more Arcana/Religion checks; with the +2 from Kerrian's advice (thanks YV!) in play Mercator's Heal bonus will be +11, which is not so very encouraging for a DC of at least 25. What do my fellow would-be healers think?

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:44 pm
by NeoTiamat
Nathan of the FoS wrote:I have no special abilities that are relevant to healing Thierri, and that sounds like it's definitely the best way to start. So I guess that means the first step is for you, YV.

I don't know if we can get more bonuses to the Heal checks by making more Arcana/Religion checks; with the +2 from Kerrian's advice (thanks YV!) in play Mercator's Heal bonus will be +11, which is not so very encouraging for a DC of at least 25. What do my fellow would-be healers think?
You can get more bonuses from Religion/Arcana checks, up to a maximum of +6.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:46 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Well, that's my option F, right there.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:50 pm
by NeoTiamat
Rock wrote:D) Do something ridiculous and highly dangerous in an effort to save Thierri's life. Not going into details right now.
As a note, by chasing the cat, Lia has put herself fairly far away from Thierri, at absolute minimum, you'd need to spend as many turns going back as you spent chasing the cat (so your next turn would be just "Lia turns around and goes back")
Rock wrote:E) This only if the DM allows it: Use Mage Hand in an attempt to grab the bag the box is in off the mog's back. If NT okays this, I feel strongly about it. ^^
You can try, but if you do so, roll Mage Hand as though it were an Intelligence attack roll (as we'd done with the phoenix). Fair warning, this would be extremely difficult, given that Your Friend has telekinetic powers of his own, the box is securely attached, and Mage Hand is not really an attack spell. It's possible, but I'd call it a (Very High DC)

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:59 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Back to Plan "Blast the Hell out of the Enemy and let the Archaeologists sort 'em out", it is!

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:49 pm
by Kaitou Kage
Rex will have a pretty good handle on things, too. His Acrobatics is Very Good and it should be easy enough for him to make a medium DC.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:40 am
by Nerit
We are way closer to kitty than we are saving Terry...

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:51 am
by lostboy
Soo then a potion of healing isn't going to work either then?

Well Nicolas can chip in arcana and heal checks but he's fairly pants at healing. Is Inspire Competence gone btw?

Alternatively is Therri's lost hit points considered an attack? If so can I use Chord of Resilience or the Daily Power on a shield of protection to mitigate some of it?

Only other thing I can think of is to give Thierri Nicolas' amulet of Protection, but not sure if that will have any effect either...

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:31 am
by The Whistler
Breaking News: Celeste is going to attempt to harness the Power of Love and Diplomacy the poor fellow into waking up. Will post sometime before tomorrow afternoon, I think!

CRUCIAL REFERENCE MATERIAL:

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:15 am
by Kaitou Kage
Here for a second I thought you were referring to Sailor Moon.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:56 pm
by The Whistler
Posting late tonight or earlyish tomorrow!

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:40 pm
by Nerit
So, once we get back to the Chateau...anyone want to talk to Perrine? I'm not sure when the chapter ends.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:07 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
I rolled an insight check of 12. Forgive me for not posting right now; work wiped me out today.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:02 pm
by lostboy
Right its official (at least for me) Merry Christmas everyone!