Page 11 of 146
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:52 pm
by DocBeard
Was entierly ment as one, sorry if it came off as insulting. I'm digging the character.
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:35 pm
by The Whistler
No worries--it's well-taken, actually.

It's great to know I can pull it off successfully.
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:57 pm
by Nerit
The Whistler wrote: which in practice translates to me channelling every Austen novel and Gilbert and Sullivan operetta I've ever been exposed to.

That I missed her depressed her
Young sister named Esther
This mister to pester she tried.
Now a pestering sister's a festering blister,
You'd best to resist her say I.
The mister resisted,
The sister persisted,
I kissed her – all loyalty slipped.
When she said I could have her
Her sister's cadaver
Must surely have turned in its crypt
Yes, yes, yes, yes!
For I love she and she loves me
Enraptured are the both of we
Yes I love she and she loves I
And will through all eternity!
<3
I will be joining Cyrus' group. Lessee how the Apothecary likes nuns

!
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:07 am
by Nerit
Wth is this? No one posts in OOC? I HAVE TO DOUBLE POST?
(12:05:43 AM) nerit: Anyway, I expect hilarity to ensue! Nundercover!
(12:05:49 AM) nerit: *rimshot*
(12:05:50 AM) Isabella: ow
(12:05:53 AM) Isabella: bad pun
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:25 am
by Cronax
Just don't make a habit out of it.

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:13 am
by lostboy
For those curious to know what Nicolas actually writes about (or those looking for early ideas for Christmas) , a synopsis of his published works are now availble in the cutscenes thread for your perusal.
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:48 am
by Kaitou Kage
Enough of this nunsense!
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:47 pm
by Nerit
Cronax wrote:Just don't make a habit out of it.

Hey, buddy, I walked away for ~7 hours

. At least it wasn't a technical help thread.
3:00pm
Help!!!!!!!
5:00pm
/bump
7:00pm
Hello???
8:00pm
THIS FORUM SUCKS MY COMPUTER IS BROKEN
---
But I shall have nun of this nun pun mischief! It's cheap!
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:07 pm
by Gonzoron of the FoS
Cronax wrote:Just don't make a habit out of it.

Get thee to a Punnery!
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:01 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
A minor heads up: due to my computer developing problems, my posting frequency is going to be very much down - I don't expect I'll be posting at all over the weekend, and I can't properly get at a dice roller. Repairs should be in effect on Monday, so keep your fingers crossed for my laptop's sake ...
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:45 pm
by Nerit
Oh, drr. Which reminds me. I probably won't post this weekend unless a computer miraculously plops onto my lap. I'll be at SteamCon. Woot
I apologize for being so unavailable recently. It definitely wouldn't be this way over summer, or even Spring semester, I think. Fall is always the busiest.
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:52 pm
by yalenusveler
And I have LARP this weekend. Season closer, so I shall be absent from Friday till Sunday afternoon.
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:17 pm
by NeoTiamat
ANNOUNCEMENT! = NPCs and Skill Checks
The recent scenes with the Apothecary and the Lady with the Yellow Cloak have caused a bit of a behind-the-scenes discussion on what role NPCs should be playing with regards to skill checks.
On the one hand, the DMs are loathe to let NPCs make skill checks on their own, because at that point it gets increasingly possible for them to just steal the scene entirely and leave the PCs without a use. The NPCs, for all their faults and good points, should not overshadow the PCs. Also, we've had complaints that Thierri was hogging the spotlight.
On the other hand, we try to maintain the NPCs as basically their own people, which includes their own talents and, yes, skills. If the PCs have all flubbed their Arcana checks and are about to set off the thaumaturgical nuke, it seems unfair to say that the NPC wizard with forty year's experience can't tell them "Don't press the red button." Also, immediately after the above complaint, we had complaints that the NPCs were being too quiet.
So! Compromise solution! NPCs cannot make skill checks of their own, but they can make checks to Aid Another for the PCs, if the PCs ask for it. Two rules about this:
-First, the PC must ask the NPC, and do so before they roll (preferably IC as well, but at minimum in the red text where you say "I roll Diplomacy", you should also state that you want to ask Katja to lend her Diplomacy to you.")
-Secondly, NPCs will do so only once per check. If I ask for a Streetwise check of all the PCs, the NPCs can Aid Another only one person's check. They get one roll for the request same as everyone else.
Any objections?
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:08 pm
by Nerit
I like NPCs

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:14 pm
by Cronax
So it seems to me that we need to get Evrard and Loiseau to quiet down or we'll never get much out of Delarue. Any ideas as to how?