Re: Alchemical Philosopher 3E frustrations: fixing it
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:43 pm
That is exacerbated by the Alchemical Philosopher being a one trick pony. When your AP cannot even make regular magical potions, what you describe is going to hurt even worse.Wolfglide wrote: It certainly depends on the player's taste. Personally, without modifying the class or high alchemy itself to break the feat limit on learning formulae, I would probably end up disappointed with a character that is an alchemical philosopher. It comes down to the desire to invent new formulae; the moment I fill in my last feat slot, I can't master any new formulae, even if I have a cool idea. The moment the character stops advancing in level, it becomes Azalin Rex---lots of inventiveness, but no ability to create anything new.
The PHB2 is pretty cool. Just do a search online so you take look.Wolfglide wrote:That being said, with the involvement of the feat retraining rules that I hear exist in the PHBII, one can circumvent this limitation. It actually seems like a fairly realistic solution to the problem---there are plenty of things I have learned in the real world that I would need to spend time reviewing in order to use properly again.
However, I don't own the PHBII, so I generally don't take retraining into consideration.