Page 94 of 146
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:23 pm
by Kaitou Kage
In case anyone ever had any doubts, Rex is going to be using Stealth, Stealth, and more Stealth on this skill challenge.
Just thought I'd throw it out there. I figured you guys may not have caught on yet that Rex is a stealthy rogue.
EDIT: I imagine he's got the highest Stealth check of the party, probably by a good margin, so if anyone uses Bluff to push someone forward in the challenge, I'd say he's a good candidate.
He's also probably the only one with Thievery trained and if not, he's likely got the highest Thievery check. When it comes to picking pockets, he's probably the guy to do it.
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:27 pm
by Isabella
Rex Who?

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:30 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
Everyone within 10 squares gets a +1 to Diplomacy because Mercator's around (Group Diplomacy).
I do not understand the reasoning behind this ability, but I've got it, so we might as well use it!
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:34 pm
by Kaitou Kage
It's because your hair is just so wild.
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:38 pm
by Isabella
He plays his '80s pop songs and drives the wraiths crazy.
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:40 pm
by Kaitou Kage
"He drives me crazy (Oooh OOOH)
Like no one else~~ (Oooh OOOH)
He drives me crazy and I can't help myself!"
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:44 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
That doesn't sound much like a Diplomacy bonus to me, but whatever works.

<--a wolf who knows something about wild hair, there
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:56 pm
by lostboy
I'm guessing Nicolas has burned his words of friendship and inspire competance before this starts then, or is there a vague chance its renewed?
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:42 pm
by NeoTiamat
Inspire Competence is gone, gone, gone.
You can have your Words of Friendship back, however.
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:55 pm
by DocBeard
I think this, "What do you guys gain from this crap?" angle is a solid one.
Also my diplomacy is huge.
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:51 pm
by NeoTiamat
Attention
You can only make one roll (or use one ability) per Skill Challenge 'round'. Secondary, primary, doesn't matter, only one roll per round. All I meant by primary and secondary checks was that primary checks advanced you in the skill challenge, and secondary ones had other effects.
Sorry if this was not clear.
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:41 pm
by Cronax
Nerit wrote:Also, Agale

. Somehow it seems like a bad idea to be condescending to Thanatos. Does Agale have a plan or something?
Condescension?

Not at all what I intended. I suppose some inflection is lost in text.
As for a plan: I didn't have one specifically then, but I do now.
Everyone focus their diplomatic successes onto Celeste (except Rex). She should shortly be able to convince him to let her have the book. Once she's got it, Rex (who has accumulated a number of Stealth successes) or any other male character in a good position can politely tap Thanatos on the shoulder, cut in and dance her out to safety. What do you all think?
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:34 pm
by Nerit
Well, the slow clap and the warning words seemed patronizing, but that is the wonder of literary analysis and semantic ambiguity >_>. Anyway, plan works for me. I can do Bluff or Diplomacy. Bluff I would direct at Rex, Diplomacy at Celeste, I guess.
Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:29 am
by DocBeard
Neo: You said I could use the religion skill check. Should I get rid of the diplomacy check?
Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:55 am
by NeoTiamat
Choose which one you like to keep.
I guess I wasn't clear, I just meant that you could use your prior roll in Religion as your first check, sort of like how we did the Acrobatics earlier.