Page 10 of 146

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:05 pm
by The Whistler
So I get back from work tonight and apparently I just missed my character getting objectified for eight hours? You guys... :-P

And for the record, Celeste will make her own danged decisions. :)

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:49 pm
by The Whistler
NeoTiamat wrote:Favorite song: The Confrontation

Favorite character: Inspector Javert

Favorite scene: The attack on the barricades
Aw man, I only have the abridged soundtrack! I still need to scrounge up the cash to see the thing live; I live in New York City, for goshsakes.

Also, Javert is totally awesome.

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:51 pm
by Gonzoron of the FoS
The Whistler wrote:Aw man, I only have the abridged soundtrack! I still need to scrounge up the cash to see the thing live; I live in New York City, for goshsakes.
Thought it had closed on B'way. It's back? If so, I may need to go see it again. (I think I'm up to 3 or 4 times).
Also, Javert is totally awesome.
Agreed, though I'm an Eponine man, myself... (fave songs: "On my own" and "One day More")

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:02 pm
by NeoTiamat
The Whistler wrote:
NeoTiamat wrote:Favorite song: The Confrontation

Favorite character: Inspector Javert

Favorite scene: The attack on the barricades
Aw man, I only have the abridged soundtrack! I still need to scrounge up the cash to see the thing live; I live in New York City, for goshsakes.

Also, Javert is totally awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYCPHHPXTmk- I love this song so very much. Though "Master of the House" and it's reprise "Beggars at the Feast" is hilarious.

You can find most of the songs on YouTube, matter of fact. It's nice that way.

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:23 pm
by Kaitou Kage
Master of the House, now that you mention it, is my favorite song from that musical.

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:25 pm
by Gonzoron of the FoS
Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Thought it had closed on B'way. It's back?
Nope, it was back, and now it's gone again according to wikipedia. Sorry Whistler!

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:30 pm
by yalenusveler
*meekly raises his hand*

I have a confession to make...

I've...never seen Les Mis, or really listened to the soundtrack at all..

*goes to hide in the corner*

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:35 pm
by Cronax
Any ideas on how to go about this? I'm thinking of trying small talk that dances around the particulars of the crime to see if that gets any reactions out of him.

Rock, you seemed to imply you had another idea?
I don't think the maid will rat us out if we want to change tactics now.

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:46 pm
by yalenusveler
Hmmm...I could always try to chat up the maid. Lower class solidarity and all that wot. She'd probably have noticed any odd comings and goings, in that way that the Help can when cultural conditioning tells you that "Nope, that person isn't there"

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:07 pm
by The Whistler
I am going to have to wait to post until tomorrow, unfortunately, as I haven't slept in 48 hours. It's a miracle I can still see the screen!

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:22 pm
by DocBeard
Knew I should have protested the "Let's make not killing random peasants a pain." house rule the first time I saw it. Let's hope these guys are more kind and understanding than most angry mobs.

...really, die roller? A 2? I roll a freaking 2?

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:42 pm
by Kaitou Kage
DocBeard wrote:...really, die roller? A 2? I roll a freaking 2?
I sympathize here bigtime -_- Six rolls today and five of them were below 10.

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:48 am
by lostboy
yalenusveler wrote:*meekly raises his hand*

I have a confession to make...

I've...never seen Les Mis, or really listened to the soundtrack at all..

*goes to hide in the corner*
*meekly raises hand as well*

ummm I havent seen it or heard the soundtrack either, despite living and working wihtin 10 minutes of the theatre in London for several years (cant count the number of times I walked past it...).

*Takes Yalenus place in corner*

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:46 pm
by DocBeard
Whistler, my man, have I mentioned that you are eerily good at playing a naive, well meaning, self-absorbed little girl?

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:58 pm
by The Whistler
Heh--I'll take that as a compliment. Seriously, Celeste is a conscious attempt for me to write against type, which in practice translates to me channelling every Austen novel and Gilbert and Sullivan operetta I've ever been exposed to. :)