Page 88 of 146

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:47 pm
by Nerit
I would like to say, on the subject of Thierri, that there is a difference between arbitrary and indeterminate. I was shocked at the scene, as I think others were whatever their preference for the Francophone mage. I was left asking, "Why?" which has more to do with--surprise--not knowing why he was compelled to enter the portal than assuming there was no reason at all. Of course there was. It is our job, as players in an investigative campaign, to find out why.

What can seem "arbitrary" to some is the way he died, I suppose, not that he died at all. This would fall under the category of anti-climactic more than completely meaningless. My main analogy here is the death of Sirius in the Harry Potter series (say what you will about it). He simply fell through the Veil in the Death Chamber. It is a strange re-cycling of the metaphor of death. Thierri walked into death rather than go through a human dying process, which is the literal form of death. I think for some it's quite upsetting that these characters didn't get their sort of Final Moment of Triumph or whatever, but this is Ravenloft. People are going to die, and they certainly won't always go out with a) a bang or b) mundane means.

In short, I disagree that his death was arbitrary/in vain, etc. It should be a kind of rallying point for the characters. They have experienced death, in whatever form, close hand. And now they know the price of the Shattered City.

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:23 am
by Cronax
If anyone else would care to, I'd like to continue this party cohesion conversation (as well as a recap of everything we know about the mysteries so far) in the interlude thread IC.

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:37 am
by NeoTiamat
And Book Three is finished, the Third Interlude is up, and here's some intermediary bookkeeping.

First, you are all level 8 now.

Second, you each recieve one item of 11th level or lower, 100 gp in currency, and 1000 gp worth of residuum.

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:28 am
by DocBeard
Cheerful level up music!

nrgh remembering things. Thanks for doing this Cronax, its needed and I think everyone sitting down and comparing notes will solve a lot of the party cohesiveness problems. The problem is as IC as it is OOC so its appropriate for the party to take notice and work to fix it.

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
I am having a minor conflict of indecision.

Lia knows about the existence of the FoS, and I strongly suspect they're the 'men with snakes on their hands' mentioned in Anna-Marie's little bout of prophecy. Telling the rest of the party about it puts everyone's lives in deadly peril, though.

I am willing to share. But do you guys want me to?

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:19 pm
by Kaitou Kage
After some talking with the GMs, Cyrus and Darius will be leaving the Chateau and won't be PCs anymore. Nathan and I are creating new characters.

The twins will still be around and you'll see some of their antics later but they won't be with your group anymore.

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:12 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
THE TWINS HAVE LEFT THE BUILDING.
***
Actually, they are going to leave the building. The Interlude will include them. But get ready for some new roommates in Book 4!

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:40 pm
by lostboy
Just to reiterate Im on the road for the next week so simply pretend Nicolas is in the corner drunkenly nodding along to whatever gets decided. I'm kind of gutted I'm going to miss this but I have no idea if I'll have web access or time to post.

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:44 pm
by NeoTiamat
I would like to recommend, very strongly, that you guys be certain of your information when you post in the interlude thread. It does not take very many instances of people misremembering to turn this from a useful information collation session to a giant red herring feast. We're not going to be double-checking your information.

Remember that you do have the option of rolling Intelligence for remembering things.

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:19 pm
by Nerit
Nerit: Drink the drink.
Darius: But I don't want the drink.
Mr. Agale: He doesn't want the drink.
Nerit: He does.
Darius: I don't.
Nerit: You do.
Darius: I don't.
Nerit: You do.
Darius: I don't.
Nerit: You do.
Darius: I don't.
Nerit: ...You don't.
Darius: I do.
Nerit: You don't.
Darius: I do.
Nerit: You don't.
Darius: [taking drink] Listen, when I say I do, that means I do!

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:57 pm
by yalenusveler
Who was there for the incident with the Atropos book? that might be something to bring up at the little meeting we're having, as I don't recall that being something brought up to the group at large before.

Lia, Cyrus, Celeste, or Darius were in the group that got it, and it was something the group was said to have taken with them.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:29 am
by Kaitou Kage
Whee! My new character is ready to go, barring any tweaking I might do in the next couple days. Soon you guys will get to meet Rex the Rogue-- er, Rex the Alchemist.

I remember the book, sorta. I also remember we took the charter but I don't remember what we did with it. Cyrus would've preferred to hand it over to authorities at the Palace of Justice but I don't recall if he actually did that. I think I talked about it to the DMs, at least.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:56 am
by NeoTiamat
As far as I am concerned, Cyrus returned the Charter to the Palace of Justice pretty much immediately after you realized what you had. Largely because keeping a priceless stolen national treasure is the kind of illegal that guarantees lengthy stays in Montmort Prison.

ANNOUNCEMENT

I am leaving on vacation today for Paris, France, and I shall be away from the 16th of June till the 24th of June. So until next Thursday, pretty much. You may remember that I took a vacation about this time last year as well.

In the meantime, Isabella shall be running the show. Have fun everyone!

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:32 pm
by Kaitou Kage
*clamors for people to talk more!*

Talk more, people! Talk more!

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:37 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Enjoy your vacation, NT.