Page 86 of 146
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:35 pm
by DocBeard
Jesus, these things pass out dazed like cheap, poisoned Halloween candy.
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:09 pm
by Nerit
Mmmmm candy.
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:30 am
by Nathan of the FoS
So, is there any point to making Arcana/Religion/Nature checks now that the pool has popped? Or is it time to sweep up the leftovers and then head for the exit?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:44 am
by lostboy
Heads up, just had last minute noticiaction Im off on a work trip to Greece & Turkey on Tuesday for a week. I think I'll have web access but not sure how much chance I'll get to post, but Im guessing the major chunk of the battle is over anyway (unless Neo is just as sadistic as I expect of him...

)
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:20 am
by The Whistler
Argh! I11! I'd meant I11! Ah well, I'll take my lumps...ditto on Nathan's question, though. Does the pool still hurt?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:22 am
by NeoTiamat
The mist is still causing pain and suffering, yes.
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:57 am
by NeoTiamat
Nathan of the FoS wrote:So, is there any point to making Arcana/Religion/Nature checks now that the pool has popped? Or is it time to sweep up the leftovers and then head for the exit?
Well, the ritual has gone kaput, so no more checks to shore it up now. THe mist, on the whole, looks like it's expanding, and in general things seem to be leading towards a miniature arcane meltdown.
Whether you want to run for the hills or try and think up some last-ditch method to stop it is up to you.
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:44 am
by lostboy
I vote for running very quickly based on that revelation, unless anyone has a patented mist containment device we arent aware of?
On another and far more important note good luck to all you american types for this evening's ball and foot related action.
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:44 pm
by Nerit
You can't be serious, lostboy. We're
American! (You have to have seen
John Oliver on the Daily Show to get that one.)
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:27 pm
by lostboy
uck lets forget that ever happened...
Right where were we with the mist?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:59 pm
by DocBeard
Plan A is bust.
The best possible plan b I could get is "knock the roof down', which means we need those Wraiths dead and to be near the exit.
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:58 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
Soooo...if there is one thing I have taken from this fight, it is that I need better defense if I want to have a long and successful career as a tank and damage-sponge. Right now I have panther spirit leather armor +1 and a brooch of shielding (no daily power, just the resist force 5 and +1 to non-AC defenses). Any suggestions for additions/upgrades?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:03 pm
by Isabella
We are going to be honest here... Darius was miserably unlucky.
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:11 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
Well, yes, there is a limit to what one can do to protect against critical hits (and I believe Darius took three in that fight, which is crazy).
Also crazy--Darius has now taken 165 hit points of damage in this fight. Which is exactly enough to kill him once (99) and then knock him unconscious again (66). If he really were a panther I guess he would have burned through one of those nine lives by now.
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:16 pm
by Isabella
Just so you know I have nothing against you, I own a vorpal sword in the game I am playing in on the side, and was just as unhappy I wasted all those twenties on Darius!
