Page 8 of 327

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:23 am
by Varrus the Ethical
RocEter wrote:
Roald peers down at Filbert. "So, do you happen to have a lockpick on your person? Or do I need to start battering things down?"
Racism against the halfpint smooth.. Why not kick in the small window and push him through? He should be small enough... :lol:


Ewan, I will wait until the Huntsman and Cormac meet up again at the Inn before posting.

If Filbert doesn't want to be looked down on, he should wear stilts. :)

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:57 am
by ewancummins
Hobbits are burglars.
It is known.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:02 am
by VAN
I prefer try get in from the window.

Climb 4 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3722677/ I don't know if are any modifiers...

Once inside Filbert will move silently and will go open the door from inside? I think he has low light vision as Halfling? right?

Move silenlty 8 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3722678/ again I don't know if should be any modifiers here.

What time is now? And by tonight you mean the coronation is at sunset Ewan?

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:30 am
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:I prefer try get in from the window.

Climb 4 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3722677/ I don't know if are any modifiers...

Once inside Filbert will move silently and will go open the door from inside? I think he has low light vision as Halfling? right?

Move silenlty 8 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3722678/ again I don't know if should be any modifiers here.

What time is now? And by tonight you mean the coronation is at sunset Ewan?

The Coronation will be around that time yes.

From now on roll % for thief skills.
Yes, AD&D is weird like that.


To jimmy the window, give me a open locks roll with a plus 20% to your effective skill. Rolling your adjusted skill or less is a success.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:58 am
by ewancummins
Adam & RocEter-

The inn that the Hunstman set as a rendezvous point is called the Auld Oak. It stands at a crossroads south of the hills, in the middle of farm country.


Cormac and the girl would likely get there first, as the Hunstman was taking time to set a false trail for any pursuing brigands or 'gobbelins.'

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:45 am
by steveflam
ewancummins wrote:
VAN wrote:I prefer try get in from the window.

Climb 4 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3722677/ I don't know if are any modifiers...

Once inside Filbert will move silently and will go open the door from inside? I think he has low light vision as Halfling? right?

Move silenlty 8 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3722678/ again I don't know if should be any modifiers here.

What time is now? And by tonight you mean the coronation is at sunset Ewan?

The Coronation will be around that time yes.

From now on roll % for thief skills.
Yes, AD&D is weird like that.


To jimmy the window, give me a open locks roll with a plus 20% to your effective skill. Rolling your adjusted skill or less is a success.


Not weird at all for me! I prefer it :)

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:43 am
by VAN
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3723870/

I rolled 67, Filbert has open locks 65% + 20= 85%. This means he manages to open it right?

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:48 am
by steveflam
VAN wrote:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3723870/

I rolled 67, Filbert has open locks 65% + 20= 85%. This means he manages to open it right?

Yes, you need to roll less, Van. Any % you have, you need to roll the exact number you have or less to succeed.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:49 am
by VAN
But 67 is less than 85.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:49 am
by steveflam
Yeah its ok I editted

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:38 pm
by ewancummins
I'll update the scene for Jmatyr and Brock after the get a chance to RP.

I presume Jmatyr intended some IC stuff.

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:11 am
by VAN
OK Filbert tries to get in.

If he gets in, he will go with move silently. I rolled 45: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3724902/ and Filbert has 60.

Need any other rolls?

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:14 am
by Varrus the Ethical
For Skills in 2nd Ed, you roll under your ability score, right?

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:11 am
by Lord Skybolt
At or under ability Score for ability checks . But this can be modified by circumstance bonus or penalties, that the GM impose .

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:18 am
by Varrus the Ethical
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3725021/

Rolled an 8. Assuming that the ability for disguise is Intelligence, then Roald made his check. My intent is for Roald to use his disguise skill to not look like the accessory to a breaking and entering of a toy shop.