Page 70 of 146
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:07 pm
by lostboy
Trust in your friendly neighbourhood drunk poet my dear Rock....
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:08 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
lostboy wrote:Trust in your friendly neighbourhood drunk poet my dear Rock....
You're a gem, guv. ^^
On a sidenote, I passed the second save vs. ongoing damage with a 20. Still gonna take 10 more damage at the start of my next turn - but I shall trust in my friendly neighbourhood drunk poet. ^^
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:13 pm
by lostboy
OK thats 9 hp back, I can use my last Majestic word on you as well if you like or you can second wind. I'd prefer to keep the majestic word if I can though (someone else will need it Im sure), but Nicholas does have several healing potions to dish out should we need them.
Rock wrote:On a sidenote, I passed the second save vs. ongoing damage with a 20. Still gonna take 10 more damage at the start of my next turn - but I shall trust in my friendly neighbourhood drunk poet. ^^
Lia might have to go on a date with him as recompense...

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:35 pm
by Kaitou Kage
Remember that if you're in negative HP and you get healed, you are healed starting from 0, not from your negative whatever.
So if Lia is at -6 and gets healed for 25, then she's at 25 hp, not 19.
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:37 pm
by Isabella
Careful, Nick, she might bite.
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:04 pm
by lostboy
oh come on who doesn't want to see him try?
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:11 pm
by Nerit
I have to agree. Attempts on the women here have been pretty much hilarious.
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:50 pm
by lostboy
I wouldn't hold your breath then....

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 pm
by Cronax
Remember that if you're in negative HP and you get healed, you are healed starting from 0, not from your negative whatever.
True, but if they go negative they do fall over. Best case this means they waste a move action standing back up.
My recommendations this round:
Lostboy, I'd recommend you use the Word on lia this this round. A number of us have healing powers from multiclass feats, but those are Daily use. Better to use up our encounter powers first before dipping into those.
Doc, I would recommend Divine Mettling yourself out of the ground as your first action (Then standing up for your move if it works).
Also, I'd recommend doing whatever it takes to finish off the eastern hound with OAs, even using reroll tokens). Not only will that prevent the thing from harrying us again in the future, but it will allow Cyrus's oath to recharge.
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:59 pm
by The Whistler
Oh, Rock, if it turns out you post before me this round, you can presume I move out of the magic circle so you can move in--I haven't been beaten up nearly enough this combat

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:07 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
I'M OUT.
*cracks knuckles* Very well, first I will finish un-entombing myself, and after that we will proceed with the mayhem.
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:25 pm
by NeoTiamat
Nathan, Opportunity Attacks require you to be able to see the target, and you are blind at the moment. Your save doesn't come till the very end of your turn, whereas the Weird is diving down at the end of it's turn. So by the time Darius can see a thing, the Weird is long gone.
Also, for those who are entombed. Being Half-Buried, which includes being Prone and being Immobilized, are effects that are (save ends). So you can't stand up from the prone till after you make the save. (You're basically still buried under a bunch of dirt, just bits of you are now sticking out).
On the bright side, once you make the second save, you're automatically standing up, no need to use a move action.
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:33 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
Question for next turn: Do I have my head above ground when half-entombed (i.e., can I see my surroundings)? If I do, may I use a teleportation ability to finish escaping?
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:36 pm
by NeoTiamat
You aren't blinded any more, so you can see around you.
Half-Buried is a physical effect, so you would no longer be immobilized if you teleport. However, you would still be prone. (Teleport will get you out of the dirt, but it doesn't place you right-side-up in the process). This will be a regular prone from which you may rise as a move action, though.
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:14 pm
by Cronax
So you can't stand up from the prone till after you make the save.
Ok, I don't know the specifics of this particular monster, but I do know other monsters have abilities which specifically say 'you fall prone
and cannot stand (save ends)' Ultimately its up to Neo how it works though.