The Downward Spiral - Comments and Suggestions

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Downward Spiral - Comments and Suggestions

Post by WolfKook »

Please let me know about your comments on the Downward Spiral and your ideas for new chapters.
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Wow - looks like you're going to have some pretty big players in this story! :) Strahd and the Vistani trying to bring down the Dukkar... - I like it!

Where does the term "meu" come from, as used by the Vistana Raunie? Is it a personal creation, or does it come from a sourcebook?

Also - are you planning to use the "letter between characters" device predominantly in this story? The letters can work (see the journal entries devices in both "I, Strahd" novels) but extra care is needed otherwise you could get bogged down in "He said, she said" types of exchanges.

Either way, a good start and I look forward to future chapters!
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

HuManBing wrote:Wow - looks like you're going to have some pretty big players in this story! :) Strahd and the Vistani trying to bring down the Dukkar... - I like it!
Hey, thanks, HuManBing!!! I hope it will live up to the expectations I'm trying to build :wink:
Where does the term "meu" come from, as used by the Vistana Raunie? Is it a personal creation, or does it come from a sourcebook?
It is the translation of "my" in romanian... :oops:
Also - are you planning to use the "letter between characters" device predominantly in this story? The letters can work (see the journal entries devices in both "I, Strahd" novels) but extra care is needed otherwise you could get bogged down in "He said, she said" types of exchanges.
Please, please, point it out if it happens! I want it to be fun to read, not to end up being boring! Will keep this in mind and try not to overdo it.
Either way, a good start and I look forward to future chapters!
Thank you again, HuManBing!
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake