What if Inza killed Azreal and took over Sithicus

Discussing all things Ravenloft
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

What if Inza killed Azreal and took over Sithicus

Post by brilliantlight »

Since she wants to see noble people lose their faith and delights in wicked deeds of others I could see her set up a corrupt church or two. Outwardly LG or NG while inwardly NE or CE. The corrupt priests would sell information to outsiders for blackmail material or to help them figure out what illicit goods to offer someone. Any other ideas?
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: What if Inza killed Azreal and took over Sithicus

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Sithicus hasn't produced any faiths since Soth was released and the country was cursed with honesty, though.
If Inza ever decided to take over, she'd have to use a different vehicle. She could offer loans of money or other aid to people in need for the low price of one genuinely wicked deed, done either by them or some noble soul trying to help, then keep targeting them with her guilt lash.
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Rock wrote:Sithicus hasn't produced any faiths since Soth was released and the country was cursed with honesty, though.
If Inza ever decided to take over, she'd have to use a different vehicle. She could offer loans of money or other aid to people in need for the low price of one genuinely wicked deed, done either by them or some noble soul trying to help, then keep targeting them with her guilt lash.
Actually the fact that it hasn't produced any faiths makes it easier, not harder, for her. She doesn't have much competition.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

People need to be willing to believe for a religion to grow.
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

What makes you think that the people are completely unwilling to believe under any circumstances? She is int 17 cha 18 so if anyone can pull it off it is her since she has both the brains and the charm. Since she has to move around she can rule the domain as a wandering prophet bringing her message to the masses. She then picks out the corrupt ones to run it.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Well, I still use Soth in my Ravenloft. Not Inza. Never liked Inza.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

alhoon wrote:Well, I still use Soth in my Ravenloft. Not Inza. Never liked Inza.
I haven't used the domain at all to be honest. It was just an idea that came to me.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Yeah, I have cut my answer short. What I meant to say and I was not clear is:
"You can do whatever works for your campaign friend! I even use Soth instead of Inza, let alone having her actually control the domain!"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

I think the most likely plot for her to build some kind of hope is to begin with how she killed Azrael, probably manipulate a group of heroes into wiping him out for her then maybe go on to do some other miraculous deeds before she would ultimately lead them astray and thus cause despair for the land itself seeing the heroes they admired fail.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Yeah, that seems more Inza's speed than invest in building up a lasting structure.
I imagine she'd spur Azrael on to do even worse than he has been doing so far, just to drive the Sithicans' despair to new heights before giving them a hope spot ... and taking it away.
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

Why, didn't Inza actually became the Darklord after Soth became too boring for the DP?
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Mistmaster wrote:Why, didn't Inza actually became the Darklord after Soth became too boring for the DP?
The DPs love irony! :D They exchanged a cool DL for a boring one. I am trying to make her not so boring
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

brilliantlight wrote:
Mistmaster wrote:Why, didn't Inza actually became the Darklord after Soth became too boring for the DP?
The DPs love irony! :D They exchanged a cool DL for a boring one. I am trying to make her not so boring
Good luck with that. It would have been hard for any new character to follow Soth, one of the most beloved villains of D&D, but a character as shallow as Inza? I just use Azrael largely as he is now. His political reality--claiming the title of Lord of Sithicus but completely lacking any real power--makes for an excellent curse. The only real change is he can close the borders by calling up hordes of the same screaming shadows that ejected Soth back to Krynn to tear at anyone trying to enter or leave the domain.
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

High Priest Mikhal wrote:
brilliantlight wrote:
Good luck with that. It would have been hard for any new character to follow Soth, one of the most beloved villains of D&D, but a character as shallow as Inza? I just use Azrael largely as he is now. His political reality--claiming the title of Lord of Sithicus but completely lacking any real power--makes for an excellent curse. The only real change is he can close the borders by calling up hordes of the same screaming shadows that ejected Soth back to Krynn to tear at anyone trying to enter or leave the domain.
I admit it is a challenge but I think making her a wandering false prophet could well change that with the right follow up ideas. Inza isn't stupid . She is bland so it is up to us to flesh her out. My idea is basically turn her into some false messiah figure using a false front for a corrupt church.

I don't see how making minor plots involving Azreal's fall would do that. She is smarter than that and is capable of far more than that. That would be , at best, a short term approach.

Giving people a false hope through a corrupt church that sets some of them up for a fall is much better. She is both smart and charismatic enough to pull it off. She is int 17 cha 18 for crying out loud. She is more than capable of pulling it off.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

She might be, but she has to overcome the 'truthful' quality that now saturates all of Sithicus.