Beyond Povero OOC and recruitment

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Beyond Povero OOC and recruitment

Post by alhoon »

ewancummins wrote: Do you want to look like a mini-Roman? If so, it will be like that.

That guy, with an arquebus in the back and a cheaper Tabard. And a goatee.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Yay!

:azalin:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Note:

http://zenopusarchives.blogspot.com/201 ... armor.html

Historians no longer use the terms Gygax favored, but what AD&D calls banded mail was indeed worn. Padding underneath is just normal. Add a coat of mail with laminar or small horizontal plates sewn for additional protection.

Maybe this:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/39/a4/a6/39a4 ... entury.jpg

A fantasy example from GoT:

https://m.imgur.com/J6mxj
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

It can also look like lorica segmentata with some mail added, if you please.

A variety of cultures exist in this setting, and Kraseport is a mixed city and a trade center.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Gnoman Empire

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

How big is that city that offers a variety of styles for the elegant half-human customer? :lol:

Blue cotton Lorica Segmentata, with a layer of thin chain and leather padding where the cloth is (and under the bands). And the leather-and-chain reaching to the knees. Is that possible?

If possible, can we re-open the thread for a bit, cause I would like Fild to meet with the gnomes\dwarves that are making small-people armor and make friends with them.
If not possible, let me roll at least a charisma check to start befriending them.
[dice]0[/dice]

OK, Charisma is 11 But Fild ordered an expensive armor! And he's an adventurer. If he doesn't die, he's bound to need repairs or other stuff. It's to their benefit to befriend Fild. Take him for a drink or something. A single +1 bonus and I made it. :)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:How big is that city that offers a variety of styles for the elegant half-human customer? :lol:

Blue cotton Lorica Segmentata, with a layer of thin chain and leather padding where the cloth is (and under the bands). And the leather-and-chain reaching to the knees. Is that possible?

If possible, can we re-open the thread for a bit, cause I would like Fild to meet with the gnomes\dwarves that are making small-people armor and make friends with them.
If not possible, let me roll at least a charisma check to start befriending them.
[dice]232019:0[/dice]

OK, Charisma is 11 But Fild ordered an expensive armor! And he's an adventurer. If he doesn't die, he's bound to need repairs or other stuff. It's to their benefit to befriend Fild. Take him for a drink or something. A single +1 bonus and I made it. :)
How big are the gemstones from Aldron Folbre's coffers?

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

AT ALHOON's request, I have reopened the prelude, at least for a while.

I do not intend to RP all the details of a shopping trip, but some highlights and NPCs may be fun.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Adam wrote:Alfonse looks over a shoulder at Fild, but seeing that the question has been more or less answered he heads into the indicated shop to try and acquire the ship's mast and other large items.
The only answer I got, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that merchants and UMC people don't do tabards while nobles and Upper class dress their retinue with tabards.

Fild was asking if Alfonse is willing to play the noble and the rest of us his entourage.

Ewan: I am ready to meet the industry that arms the Gnoman Empire.
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

You will have to get Adam's answer on the nobleman and entourage idea.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I thought it was end of chapter? .....
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Gem is male yes.

Ewan you haven't gotten my new sheet? Only new equipment is missing bcz needs too much time and Im on vacation.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:I thought it was end of chapter? .....
It was.

Alhoon really wanted to go a bit further.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

But there's no need to drag out shopping trip, money changing, jewelry selling, etc. scenes for weeks of real time.

I'll roll a CHR check (implied) for Alfonse. I already have some NWP successes from PCs, including Alfonse's engineering roll.

[dice]0[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Success, no problem.

You guys secure the supplies, and manage to do so with enough savings to earn a rebate on your fares.

Everybody in the party gets 5 deniers (local equivalent of the silver pence used in Povero) back in his pocket.