What's YOUR best work?

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

Seems like ancient history now, but the one and only article I officially submitted (well, to any ravenloft-connected product) was my "Valeri Antonin - Hymns of a Heretic" NPC for the Book of Sacrifices... wow, that was WAYYYY back now....

I especially had fun with it because all the references to the church of Ezra were fresh off John Mangrum's article in one of the previous BoS_. (Can't remembver which now... :)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

This thread is archaic by now, but I just found it today.... hmmm, now, actually. So, let me answer too, although I'm almost one year late.

My best article is probably The Asylum in USS 2001. It was the longest and it took me about 6 months to research.

But the one I'm most proud of is Tanya in the Book of Sacrifices (I guess), although I never received any feedback on it. I liked it especially because I think that was the best story I could spin, of how there is an overarching plan that encompasses everything that happens to Tanya and how you only understand it at the end of her story.

Also, it was the first time I used different points of view in the story-telling, with the scenes in the Vistani camp framing Tanya's story. I like this weaving of plots and scenes, and that's what I try most to do in my works, and that is perhaps why I like this that much.

Interestingly, the article I've had most feedback about (and that has been very little, unfortunately) was the Love-Torn Ghost in the same BoS. I've been told the ghost there had been well-made, but I don't fancy her as much as Tanya. I think there is a bit too sentimentalism there.

Well, that's it... but of course, my best, most fantastic, awesome (ahem) work to date is my online campaign blog.... :lol:

Of course, all those adjectives are just a joke, but this has been my most time- and energy-consuming work dedicated to Ravenloft thus far.

Ail
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
The Wannabe
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The Wannabe »

Of the work that I had published, it would be my first submission to the BoS series, Eduard Duvoir. Of all my work, probably the one and only adventure I managed to complete, titled "The Best of Friends".

Writewannabe
"C'mon guys, let's check it out.....what's the worst that could happen?"
InVinoVeritas
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by InVinoVeritas »

(Here's some more thread necromancy.)

I submitted one thing to the first BoS, and I just found out today just how pervasive it has gotten. I wrote The Unauthorized Biography of Marquis Stezen D'Polarno.

Just today, I found Camar D'Marosso in Wikipedia. I'm proud. :)
Scott C. Bourgeois
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Scott C. Bourgeois »

By far, the Jacob Garvin Scarecrow. Granted, I haven't submitted half as much as I might like...
I plan on living forever... so far so good!
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Being co-writer, editor, and artist for the Zherisia project.

When it comes out guys, I'm certain you're going to love it.
Scipio
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal

Re: What's YOUR best work?

Post by Scipio »

That's an easy one for me. Monte Mal. It was well received by the community. My group had a blast playing in it, getting caught up in the resistance against the Doge and his lackeys. We even had one PC turn on the resistance for a shot at power, falling under the sway of the Doge and, ultimately, the Dark Powers. The story of that, however, will have to wait until I finish the update (which will change a lot about the Doge's past, and bring the plot of the city up to where my last Ravenloft campaign left off, plus 5e everything.) I'll make sure to let you guys know when it's done.
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Tepest:Land of the Fey was my best received. I think in large part it was because I strengthened the "fairy tell" aspects, made differences between the sisters, made Tepest a more important domain via trade and had the land reflect the Three Sisters.
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

I am happy about all my works, of the published ones, I'll say Zeindost was the better thought over. (Even if old Everlast is my persomal favourite)