Midway Haven Observatory presents: MUBONYETE & HIVA MORUATU

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Midway Haven Observatory presents: MUBONYETE & HIVA MORUATU

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

Remember way back then when I made these?

Forget the dates on those; they'll be available starting this Halloween, 31 October 2015 at the Midway Haven Observatory! :)
Last edited by Dion of the Fraternity on Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: [5E] MUBONYETE and HIVA MORUATU

Post by NeoTiamat »

Oooooh. African Domains! I am intrigued.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lost Heretic
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Re: Midway Haven Observatory presents: MUBONYETE & HIVA MORU

Post by Lost Heretic »

NeoTiamat wrote:Oooooh. African Domains! I am intrigued.
Indeed, TSR's lack of interest in non-Western European fantasy was always shameful. I'm very interested to see some cool and atypical new additions to the Ravenloft demiplane. :D
Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Lost Heretic wrote:
Indeed, TSR's lack of interest in non-Western European fantasy was always shameful. I'm very interested to see some cool and atypical new additions to the Ravenloft demiplane. :D
To be fair, that's probably true mostly for Ravenloft, not all of TSR's worlds. For instance, there was:
-Al Quadim
-Kara Tur/Oriental Adventures
-Maztica

Many of the Dark Sun cities were inspired by Non-European civilizations (eg. Balic/Ancient Greece, Draj/Aztecs, Gulg/Africa, Nibenay/China, etc.)
Lost Heretic
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Lost Heretic »

The Lesser Evil wrote:To be fair, that's probably true mostly for Ravenloft, not all of TSR's worlds. For instance, there was:
-Al Quadim
-Maztica

Many of the Dark Sun cities were inspired by Non-European civilizations (eg. Balic/Ancient Greece, Draj/Aztecs, Gulg/Africa, Nibenay/China, etc.)
With the exception of Dark Sun those have pale support in comparison to Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms/Faerun, Mystara and Birthright. But anyway...
Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast
Cromstar
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Cromstar »

Lost Heretic wrote:
The Lesser Evil wrote:To be fair, that's probably true mostly for Ravenloft, not all of TSR's worlds. For instance, there was:
-Al Quadim
-Maztica

With the exception of Dark Sun those have pale support in comparison to Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms/Faerun, Mystara and Birthright. But anyway...
I seem to recall sometime how one of the TSR people said that was a some-what deliberate choice on their part, as they often had trouble doing full justice to other cultures' mythos and the like, so they didn't want to go all in and then screw up, hence why most non-European focused stuff was relatively surface-level and stuffed into a far corner of something else.