New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Black Hawk
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: New to Ravenloft? Introduce yourself here!

Post by Black Hawk »

Hi to all!

I'm an Italian Ravenloft fan. I started to play ravenloft adventures since I buyed Domains of Dread (don't remember the year was loong time ago) and now after like 15 years I resumed the desire, first to read all the adventures and modules that I couldn't read at the time and second after discovered this site and read the Gazetteer metaplot (that intrigued me a lot) who knows maybe I'll do a campaing following that scenario,

regards
azalinslegacy
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by azalinslegacy »

Hello all!!

Nice to be aboard. I've been a big fan of this site for years....just never seemed to get around to signing up.

I'm a Canadian boy from Montreal who loves him some Ravenloft. Been PC'ing/DM'ing Ravenloft for close to 20 yrs now (first bought the Red Box set....ahh the fond memories).

I've especially been a huge fan here of the Quoth the Raven series & have taken quite a bit of inspiration from it (quite the talented bunch on this here forum).

I've been DM'ing for my group for 12 yrs now. Unfortunately, if I were a Darklord, I think my curse would be that I am never able to get a campaign to finish once we start it; something seems to always distract us. Luckily, this present campaign I'm doing now w/ my buddies has been going strong for 5 years (fingers crossed).

Anyhow, really jazzed to be part of this forum to pick your brains & hopefully contribute to this forum.

Take care!!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome Dr Jekyll! Hope we can be of service. And tell your friend Mr. Hyde that we stand ready to help him as well. :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Welcome , welcome everyone!

azalinslegacy, we are a few who live in Montreal, myself included.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

indeed, the new members are coming out of the woodwork, it seems. Welcome, azalinslegacy and Black Hawk as well!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
NearEthereal
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by NearEthereal »

Hello,

New to this board, not to the Ravenloft Setting. I enjoy what you all have done here with the wiki and the community; it has been very helpful with regards to a project that I am continuing to work on. So thanks for that.

Anyway, it is nice to make all of your acquaintances.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Hi NearEthereal, welcome, and good to hear you're enjoying the Mistipedia. If you see anything incorrect or missing, please feel free to make those corrections (assuming you've read the FAQ and Mistipedia guidelines).
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, NearEthereal! Glad to be of service, and to see our reach extending into the border planes. :)
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

tarlyn wrote:azalinslegacy, we are a few who live in Montreal, myself included.
Indeed :)
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nox »

Hi all! I'm an Italian 23 y.o. passionate D&d player. I'm relatively new to Ravenloft demi plane, and to the forum. I'm gonna master a campaign for some friend, and It will be my first campaign after 13 years as player. Hope that it will be good enough!
I have so many question for you, my dear masters! Lot of posts coming soon.
:D
Bye!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Nox wrote:Hi all! I'm an Italian 23 y.o. passionate D&d player. I'm relatively new to Ravenloft demi plane, and to the forum. I'm gonna master a campaign for some friend, and It will be my first campaign after 13 years as player. Hope that it will be good enough!
I have so many question for you, my dear masters! Lot of posts coming soon.
:D
Bye!
Welcome Nox! Always happy to see FRESH BLOOD!!!!!! :)

Please feel free to ask anything you need. we are here to help.
Lord Loren Soth
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Lord Loren Soth »

Good evening.

I am a fanatic of Ravenloft, with the total meaning of the word. I have managed to collect (and play) all Ravenloft modules from 1st edition until now. Only two modules still eludes me: Servants of Darkness and The Forgotten Terror...

Currently I am painting Ravenloft miniatures (the latest one is Azalin) and run a 2nd edition Ad&d campaign setting that incorporates the Grand Conjunction scenarios along with a few canon (although for the most part fictionalized to fit into my campaign) things, like the creation of the Tapestry of Dark Souls and the demise of the Azenwrath in the hands of my party.

I have joined the Fraternity to share experience and ask for ideas on my campaign. I have been a follower since the late 90's when the fraternity was still into its infant stages (actually I have printed a netbook downloaded back then, named Tome of the Damned, that has a lot of cursed magical items which at some point I think it was hosted here).

In any way, I am happy that I have finally decided to join you officially. Glad to be here.

Edit:

Without wanting to show off or anything, here's my collection:

"I can kill with a single word. I can hurl a ball of fire into the midst of my enemies. I rule a squadron of skeletal warriors, who can destroy by touch alone. I can raise a wall of ice to protect those I serve."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Nice collection!

:azalin:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nox »

Black Hawk wrote:Hi to all!

I'm an Italian Ravenloft fan. I started to play ravenloft adventures since I buyed Domains of Dread (don't remember the year was loong time ago) and now after like 15 years I resumed the desire, first to read all the adventures and modules that I couldn't read at the time and second after discovered this site and read the Gazetteer metaplot (that intrigued me a lot) who knows maybe I'll do a campaing following that scenario,

regards
Benvenuto nella nebbia! Bello vedere che non sono l'unico italiano che ama RL :D

(traduction: Welcome to the mists! Nice to see that i'm not the only Italian who loves RL)
Nox
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nox »

Lord Loren Soth wrote:Good evening.

I am a fanatic of Ravenloft, with the total meaning of the word. I have managed to collect (and play) all Ravenloft modules from 1st edition until now. Only two modules still eludes me: Servants of Darkness and The Forgotten Terror...

Currently I am painting Ravenloft miniatures (the latest one is Azalin) and run a 2nd edition Ad&d campaign setting that incorporates the Grand Conjunction scenarios along with a few canon (although for the most part fictionalized to fit into my campaign) things, like the creation of the Tapestry of Dark Souls and the demise of the Azenwrath in the hands of my party.

I have joined the Fraternity to share experience and ask for ideas on my campaign. I have been a follower since the late 90's when the fraternity was still into its infant stages (actually I have printed a netbook downloaded back then, named Tome of the Damned, that has a lot of cursed magical items which at some point I think it was hosted here).

In any way, I am happy that I have finally decided to join you officially. Glad to be here.

Edit:

Without wanting to show off or anything, here's my collection:

I came from Invidia now.
(Silly joke: In Italian Invidia stands for envy.)