more Stat Blocks for my Pathfinder/Ravenloft campaign

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: more Stat Blocks for my Pathfinder/Ravenloft campaign

Post by Nemesio »

Zilfer wrote:You sir have an obsession. :)
Yah, you have point Zilfer. Sad thing is, I had already made The High Master Illithid as a 20th-level psion (telepath) and Bonespur's stats have been in my Google Docs for many moons.

Anybody wanna see the rest of the Bone Daggers? I fleshed out Loie Hunn (mentioned in Gaz I, Hazlan description) and made up four more members...
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Not to put a damper on the your thoughts or house rules regarding CR for NPCs (as I think they can kinda be funky too, especially for noncasters), but if you're going by the default rules it's 1 for every 2 levels up to the original CR of the creature. So for that high master illithid guy it would be 24 (8 + 4 for 8 levels of occultist +12 more for the rest of the levels).

If you're making Bonespur CR 8, I would tone down his treasure a lot.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Bone daggers? only thing that it brings to mind is the Ba'al Verzi which I think I might make a thing or at least my room mate run into one of them in Nova vaasa. :) Question is whether it will be for him or another....
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

NON-CANON NPC STATS BELOW:

THE SELF-STYLED MOTHER OF GARGOYLES (PRIMARY LAIR: STURBEN, BORCA)

ANYA, CR 12 (XP 19,200)
Female advanced old waterspout gargoyle rogue 10
CE Medium monstrous humanoid (earth)
Init +9; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +21
DEFENSE
AC 22, touch 16, flat-footed 17 (+5 Dex, +6 natural, +1 deflection); +3 vs. traps
hp 146 (5d10+10d8+85)
Fort +10, Ref +15, Will +10; +3 vs. traps
Defensive Abilities evasion, improved uncanny dodge, trap sense +3; DR 10/magic
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft., fly 60 ft. (average)
Melee Power Attack with 2 claws +13 (1d6+13), bite +13 (1d4+13), gore +13 (1d4+13)
Melee unarmed strike +17/+12/+7 (1d3+5 lethal or nonlethal)
Special Attacks breath weapon (20-ft. long and 1-ft. wide geyser, 1d4 damage plus trip or bull rush), sneak attack +5d6 [+10d6+5 nonlethal with bludgeoning weapons or unarmed strikes]
STATISTICS
Str 20, Dex 20, Con 19, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 15
Base Atk +12; CMB +17; CMD 32
Feats Flyby Attack, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Improved Unarmed Strike, Power Attack (-4/+8), Sap Adept, Sap Master, Skill Focus (Fly)
Skills Bluff +10, Climb +21, Diplomacy +10, Disable Device +20, Disguise +10, Fly +24, Heal +10, Intimidate +15, Knowldge (dungeoneering) +10, Knowledge (local) +15, Perception +21 [+26 to locate traps], Sense Motive +11, Sleight of Hand +15, Stealth +20 [+24 in stony areas], Survival +11, Swim +13, Use Magic Device +10; Racial Modifiers +2 Stealth [+6 in stony environs]
Languages Terran, Balok, Mordentish
SQ advanced rogue talents (hunter’s surprise), change shape 1/year (human; alter self), favored class (rogue; 10 hit points), freeze, rogue talents (bleeding attack, fast stealth, surprise attack, survivalist), trapfinding +5
Gear ring of protection +1
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Bleeding Attack (Ex) Anya can cause living opponents to bleed by hitting them with a sneak attack. This attack causes the target to take 5 additional points of damage. Bleeding creatures take that amount of damage every round at the start of each of their turns. The bleeding can be stopped by a DC 15 Heal check or the application of any effect that heals hit point damage.
Breath Weapon (Su) Anya has a breath weapon in the form of a stream of high-velocity water 20 feet long and 1 foot wide which expels about 30 gallons of water. The force of this geyser deals 1d4 points of damage to a single target and Anya can use this ability to trip or bull rush the target as a free action (if the attempt fails, Anya cannot be tripped or bull rushed in return). The breath weapon is usable every 1d4 rounds. In addition, Anya can reduce her stream to a trickle in order to pass herself off as an ornamental fountain.
Change Shape (Su) Anya can assume human form 1/year. Despite her advanced age, Anya still is quite fertile and able to breed with both gargoyles and humans, though her offspring are always gargoyles. If Anya is slain in her human form, she reverts to her gargoyle form, although she remains dead.
Fast Stealth (Ex) Anya can move at full speed using the Stealth skill without penalty.
Freeze (Ex) Anya can hold herself so still she appears to be a statue. Whenever Anya uses the freeze ability, she can take 20 on her Stealth check to hide in plain sight as a stone statue.
Hunter’s Surprise (Ex) Once per day, Anya can designate a single enemy she is adjacent to as her prey. Until the end of her next turn, she can add her sneak attack damage to all attacks made against her prey, even if she is not flanking it or it is not flat-footed.
Surprise Attack (Ex) During the surprise round, opponents are always considered flat-footed to Anya, even if they have already acted.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Nemesio wrote:So here is my version of Leo Dilisnya... I didn't focus so much on making him a skilled spellcaster, as I thought it would be more interesting if he could convince people that he had powers and magic that he clearly didn't possess. In I'Strahd, I remember him as being utterly wicked, resourceful, and a skillful liar, so that is how I made him. In death he's even more cunning and a better liar, when he's not in a blood frenzy that is. His low Strength score forces him to make liberal use of his dominate ability, as he's a vampire with most of the frailty of a man mere years away from death. His can create living minions for himself, but they probably don't last long, so he's pretty much on his own. He could potentially have a large amount of spawn running around, but he likely doesn't have the concentration or experience to command these either, most of the time anyway.

Leo is a deadly creature. Woe to Strahd if he ever regains control enough to put his keen intellect to work, devising a plot for revenge against the Count. Technically speaking, Leo is still Strahd's spawn, but I have a feeling the Dark Powers would find a way to remedy that...
VIEW CONTENT:
LEO DILISNYA, Patriarch of the Dilisnya Family, CR 20 (XP 307,200)
Male venerable human ancient vampire spy 7/assassin 1/master spy 6/necromancer 2
CE Medium undead (augmented humanoid)
Init +9; Senses darkvision 60 ft., scent; Perception +31
DEFENSE
AC 23, touch 16, flat-footed 17 (+5 Dex, +7 natural, +1 dodge)
hp 214 (14d8+2d6+28); fast healing 6
Fort +11, Ref +17, Will +14
Defensive Abilities channel resistance +6, concealed thoughts, elude detection, evasion, slippery mind, uncanny dodge; DR 25/magic and silver; Immune undead traits; Resist cold 10, electricity 10
Weaknesses bloodlust, gluttony, vampire weaknesses
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee +4 stalking dagger +20/+15 (1d4+5/17-20); slam +15 (1d4+1 plus energy drain)
Special Attacks blood drain, channel negative energy 9/day (DC 18, 1d6), children of the night, create spawn, death attack (DC 23), dominate (DC 25), energy drain (2 levels, DC 25), sneak attack +7d6
Arcane School Spell-Like Abilities (CL 2nd; concentration +8)
9/day—grave touch (1 round)
Necromancer Spells Prepared (CL 2nd; concentration +8)
1st—disguise self, ray of enfeeblement (DC 17), silent image (DC 17), sleep (DC 17), ventriloquism (DC 17)
0—arcane mark, detect magic, ghost sound (DC 16), read magic
Opposition Schools conjuration, evocation
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 6th; concentration +13)
2/day—magic aura (only to make objects appear nonmagical)
STATISTICS
Str 12, Dex 20, Con —, Int 22, Wis 22, Cha 25
Base Atk +10; CMB +11; CMD 26
Feats Alertness, Betrayer, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Deceitful, Dodge, Improved Critical (dagger), Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Persuasive, Quick Draw, Toughness, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (dagger)
Skills Acrobatics +13 [+21 jumping], Appraise +19, Bluff +44 [+49 to deceive someone], Climb +9, Craft (alchemy) +25, Diplomacy +24, Disable Device +18, Disguise +28, Escape Artist +18, Fly +13, Handle Animal +12, Intimidate +24, Knowledge (arcana) +25, Knowledge (history) +14, Knowledge (local) +14, Knowledge (nobility) +14, Knowledge (religion) +14, Perception +31 [+35 to hear the details of a conversation, or to find concealed or secret objects], Ride +10, Sense Motive +32, Sleight of Hand +20, Spellcraft +25, Stealth +34, Survival +11, Use Magic Device +20; Racial Modifiers +8 Bluff, +8 Perception, +8 Sense Motive, +8 Stealth, Swim +9
Languages Balok, Darkonese, Draconic, Infernal, Luktar, Mordentish, Vaasi
SQ art of deception, change shape (dire bat or wolf, beast shape II), gaseous form, glib lie, mask alignment, master of disguise, poison use, quick change, rogue talents (canny observer, honeyed words, swift poison), shadowless, shift alignment, skilled liar +3, spider climb, superficial knowledge +3
Gear +4 stalking dagger, spell component pouch, spellbook
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Blood Drain (Su) Leo can suck blood from a grappled opponent; if he establishes or maintains a pin, he drains blood, dealing 2d4 (not 1d4 like a standard vampire) points of Constitution damage. Leo heals 5 hit points or gains 5 temporary hit points for 1 hour (up to a maximum number of 214 temporary hit points) each round he drains blood.
Bloodlust (Ex) The sight or smell of blood drives Leo into an uncontrollable frenzy. He is compelled to consume the inciting blood and may do nothing else, though he will not charge into certain death. He may risk death, however, and certainly does not hold back from combat. Leo gains no bonuses from this frenzied state. Once the inciting source of blood is consumed, Leo is temporarily sated and does not risk frenzy again until 1 hour has passed.
Children of the Night (Su) Once per day, Leo can call forth 1d6+1 rat swarms, 1d4+1 bat swarms, or 2d6 wolves as a standard action. These creatures arrive in 2d6 rounds and serve him for up to 1 hour.
Concealed Thoughts (Su) Leo can conceal his schemes from mind-reading magic. When a creature is using detect thoughts or similar magic to read his mind, he decides what surface thoughts his opponent detects, and his true surface thoughts remain private. This ability does not protect against mental attacks or mind-reading that delves deeper than surface thoughts.
Create Spawn (Su) Leo can create spawn out of those he slays with blood drain or energy drain, provided that the slain creature is of the humanoid type. The victim rises from death as a vampire in 1d4 days. This vampire is under the command of Leo, and remains enslaved until his destruction. Leo may have enslaved spawn totaling no more than 32 Hit Dice; any spawn he creates that would exceed this limit become free-willed undead. Leo may free an enslaved spawn in order to enslave a new spawn, but once freed, a vampire or vampire spawn cannot be enslaved again.
Death Attack (Ex) If Leo studies his victim for 3 rounds and then makes a sneak attack with a melee weapon that successfully deals damage, the sneak attack has the additional effect of possibly either paralyzing or killing the target (Leo’s choice). Studying the victim is a standard action. The death attack fails if the target detects or recognizes Leo as an enemy (although the attack might still be a sneak attack if the target is denied his Dexterity bonus to his Armor Class or is flanked). If the victim of such a death attack fails a Fortitude save DC 23 against the kill effect, they die. If the saving throw fails against the paralysis effect, the victim is rendered helpless and unable to act for 1d6+7 rounds. If the victim’s saving throw succeeds, the attack is just a normal sneak attack. Once Leo has completed the 3 rounds of study, he must make the death attack within the next 3 rounds. If a death attack is attempted and fails (the victim makes their save) or if Leo does not launch the attack within 3 rounds of completing the study, 3 new rounds of study are required before he can attempt another death attack.
Dominate (Su) Leo can crush a humanoid opponent’s will as a standard action. Anyone Leo targets must succeed on a Will save DC 25 or fall instantly under his influence, as though by a dominate person spell (caster level 12th). The ability has a range of 30 feet.
Elude Detection (Sp) Leo can befuddle divinations used against him as if he were under the effect of a nondetection spell (CL 16th). He can suppress or resume this protection as a standard action. If dispelled, Leo cannot resume the nondetection for 1d4 rounds.
Energy Drain (Su) A creature hit by the slam attack of Leo gains two negative levels. This ability only triggers once per round, regardless of the number of attacks Leo makes.
Gaseous Form (Su) As a standard action, Leo can assume gaseous form at will (caster level 5th), but he can remain gaseous indefinitely and has a fly speed of 20 feet with perfect maneuverability.
Glib Lie (Su) Leo can deceive truth-detecting magic. A creature using this sort of magic against him must succeed on a caster level check against a DC of 21 to succeed (as if Leo were under the effect of a glibness spell); failure means the magic doesn’t detect Leo’s lies or force him to speak only the truth. This ability does not give Leo the glibness spell’s bonus on Bluff checks.
Gluttony (Ex) Leo must consume twice as much blood per day (8 Constitution points instead of 4) or suffer one negative level and have his powers reduced as if he had lost an age category. If Leo is reduced to 1 level through lack of blood, he becomes a feral predator incapable of anything else but the pursuit of sustenance. Leo cannot fall below one level or below Fledgling status through lack of feeding. Negative levels persist until Leo is able to feed sufficiently. For each day he ingests the minimum requirement of blood, one level and age category are restored.
Mask Alignment (Su) Leo can alter his alignment aura to deceive spells that discern alignment (such as detect evil). He may choose to detect as any specific alignment, or to detect as no alignment at all. This ability does not protect against spells or effects that cause harm based on alignment. Masking his alignment aura is a standard action, and lasts until Leo changes it again or ends the effect.
Master of Disguise (Ex) Leo can create a disguise in half the time normally required. In addition, any penalties from assuming a disguise of a different gender, race, age, or size are reduced by 1.
Poison Use (Ex) Leo is trained in the use of poison and cannot accidentally poison himself when applying poison to a blade.
Quick Change (Ex) Leo can assume a disguise in only 2d4 rounds by taking a –10 penalty on his Disguise check.
Shadowless (Ex) Leo casts no shadows and shows no reflection in a mirror.
Shift Alignment (Su) When Leo assumes a false alignment, he can choose to have all spells and magic items affect him as though he were that alignment; this includes helpful and harmful effects. Leo can change his alignment aura from a masked alignment (where effects still function based on his actual alignment) to a shifted alignment (where effects function based on his assumed alignment) as a standard action. Shifting his alignment aura is a standard action, and lasts until he changes it again or ends the effect.
Slippery Mind (Su) Leo can wriggle free from magical effects that would otherwise control or compel him. If Leo is affected by an enchantment spell or effect and fails his saving throw, he can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. He gets only one chance to succeed on his saving throw.
Spider Climb (Ex) Leo can climb sheer surfaces as though under the effects of a spider climb spell.
Superficial Knowledge (Ex) Leo gives the appearance of knowing more than he actually does. He can make untrained Knowledge and Profession checks pertaining to his cover or assumed identity as if he were trained and gains a +3 bonus on these checks.
Vampire Weaknesses (Ex) Leo cannot tolerate the strong odor of garlic and will not enter an area laced with it. Similarly, he recoils from mirrors or strongly presented holy symbols. These things don’t harm Leo—they merely keep him at bay. While recoiling, Leo must stay at least 5 feet away from the mirror or holy symbol and cannot touch or make melee attacks against that creature. Holding Leo at bay takes a standard action. After 1 round, Leo can overcome his revulsion of the object and functions normally each round he makes a DC 25 Will save. Leo cannot enter a private home or dwelling unless invited in by someone with the authority to do so. Reducing Leo’s hit points to 0 or lower incapacitates him but doesn’t always destroy him (see fast healing). However, certain attacks can slay him. Exposing Leo to direct sunlight staggers him on the first round of exposure and destroys him utterly on the second consecutive round of exposure if he does not escape. Each round of immersion in running water inflicts damage on Leo equal to one third of his maximum hit points—if Leo is reduced to 0 hit points in this manner he is destroyed. Driving a wooden stake through Leo’s heart while he is helpless instantly slays him (this is a full-round action). However, he returns to life if the stake is removed, unless his head is also severed and anointed with holy water.
But but I Strahd has him studying wizardry late in life. See my analysis here. I also like Rock's take on him as an Enchantment focused wizard. In PF some of the magical feats he accomplished are easier to model. There's a spell for slowing your aging now for example. (Aging Resistance)

Instead of spy 7/assassin 1/master spy 6/necromancer 2 I would go for rogueish (not sure which archetype, spy is probably good, prestige classes are a maybe**) 8 / (maybe manipulator subschool?) enchanter 8.

Check out the school abilities. And his arcane bond was the staff which he enchanted himself (undead bane or maybe even into a staffspear heartseeker). Give him the Bands of Force spell from Rite Publishing.

**) maybe spy 5 / assassin 2 / master spy 1-2, but a simple spy5 / assassin 3 or spy 7 / assassin 1 or even spy 8 might be cleaner. Master spy 2 would also be nice for glibe lie and masked alignment.

So maybe spy 5 / assassin 2 / master spy 2 / enchanter 7 ?