Ghostly Haunts? (Modentshire hook fishing?)

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ghostly Haunts? (Modentshire hook fishing?)

Post by Zilfer »

Hey all, Some of you may or may not know I run a 1 on 1 with a roommate of mine whenever the mood strikes but I’m always trying to develop the story line to make them fairly tailored and awesome when we do. It takes place in Mordentshire with the PC on the way to becoming a Lamplighter but is currently a guard amongst Mordentshire’s people. I realize however that I have not had him deal with “ghosts” very much and realize that I don’t think I’m too good at coming up with ghosts/haunts.

Was wondering if people had ideas or ghost encounters they’ve done in the past or hooks that might be useable. I’ve used the Mordentshire Miser to some success and they let the Miser rest peacefully after reclaiming the gems. (I had a 2 on 1 session there since we had a friend over). But I’d like to play the domain up a little more on the ghosts, and respecting the dead or they come back to bite you. Things like that, I’d also like to give a few hints as to what happens to spirits in Mordent. (They get taken by the house on griffon hill if I recall correctly)

So I turn to you guys. What evils plans can we set in motion against a level 3 ranger PC? :D (A possible note he is “haunted” by a Dullahan/Headless horsemen. Cool haunts foreshadowing his eventual encounter with it is good. Thus far it’s just been dreams, soon I’m hoping to introduce some during “wakefulness”.)
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf