Post questions and suggestions here
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Big endian ZOMG!

Post by HuManBing »

OMG OMG OMG

The forums allow Big Endian! :D :D :D

THEY EVEN ALLOW IT WITH PERIOD DENOMINATIONS!!!
FoS Big Endian huzzah.png
FoS Big Endian huzzah.png (1.98 KiB) Viewed 7234 times
This is beyond awesome. I don't know exactly but I suspect Ron had something to do with it. Either that, or calendar pixies - I'm pretty easy to please.
RAWK ON, ISO8601

(To do this, go to User Control Panel and select Board Preferences. In "My Date Format" the prefix must read "Y.m.d".)
Last edited by HuManBing on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Big endian ZOMG!

Post by steveflam »

Very cool!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Well, I can honestly say I've never seen anyone get so excited about endian-ness. (And seriously, I've been in hours-long meetings about endian-ness at work. Just no one was really excited about it.) It's purely a function of the forum software, but I'll gladly take credit for it. I'll also provide an appropriate xkcd (because there's always an appropriate xkcd).
http://xkcd.com/1179/
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Heh, I became used to big endian after living in China for a few years - they use big endian for date and name formats (just like the Koreans and the Japanese). I like big endian because it's much closer to the standard numerical counting method of largest unit first, smallest unit last.

The American standard of mid endian always struck me as very weird and arbitrary.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Also, the digits 8610 (from the iso prefix) are also the country and city dialing codes for mainland China and its capital city, Beijing. COINCIDENCE??? I think not.

I'm going to have a lie down now.