Suggestion for a folder for resources etc.

Post questions and suggestions here
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Suggestion for a folder for resources etc.

Post by alhoon »

Every once a while, there is a thread or post that contains useful resources that could be used by many people.
So I suggest these resources are picked by our esteemed brothers of the fraternity and put in a special place, safe from rotting that comes from prolonged exposure.
That way, anything you consider that will be useful in the future could be easily found in the library instead of us looking years back in threads.

For example, there's a thread about NPCs 3rd Ed (mostly) stats now in the forums. Some years ago, I've made a similar thread. Now, in a few months, that thread will be buried in the site's past. So if in a year someone wants ideas for generic 3rd ed NPCs... he'll have to make ANOTHER thread.
Wouldn't it be better if that thread's content (the NPCs) were compiled in a txt or PDF and saved in the library?

The above is just one example. There are many more.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Joël of the FoS

Re: Suggestion for a folder for resources etc.

Post by Joël of the FoS »

My first thought her is that the search feature of the board is your friend. Because the main board has enough place to keep threads for a long time (now the oldest thread is Sept 2004, 6 years back).

And I do collect the best material and add them to the site, once in a while. These are usually added to the Vault. It takes about 6 months for the thread to be mature enough to be pruned, and then sent to the Vault's pages.

If you see a thread worthy of this treatment, let me know!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Suggestion for a folder for resources etc.

Post by alhoon »

OK.
Thanks.

The 3e NPC thread seems good enough. Let it grow and mature, and then get the NPCs for the vault. :)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!