Latest site updates

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Latest site updates

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I know some folks come straight here and skip the front page, so I'm going to try to keep this announcement thread up to date with all the latest site news.

-----------------------------
Presenting some odds 'n' ends, and some odd ends...

Brother Joël has painstakingly compiled all known information on S, Azalin's plan for her, and its implications for the Dukkars, the Gentleman Caller, the ToUD, and the future of the Core.

Perhaps as a direct result of this labor, Joël took a real life trip to the very creepy Lac Edouard Sanatorium, and shares his time there with us.

And finally, another lost tidbit from Alanik Ray's library has been interred in our Cemetery archives: Tales of the House of Lament, by Stu Turner.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Joel is brave to have gone there. That place gives me the heebiejeebies!
Jack the Reaper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jack the Reaper »

Not to be picky, but Stu Turner is not the author of "Tales from the House of Lament". The article was on his old site, but when I asked him he didn't remember who wrote it. Maybe you should note it, just in case the real author will suddenly appear...
The Reaper's riddle:

"Im ata yachol likro et ze, ata yode'a et ha'emet."

If you can read it, you know the truth.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Latest site updates

Post by alhoon »

Thanks for the hard work guys.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re:

Jack the Reaper wrote:Not to be picky, but Stu Turner is not the author of "Tales from the House of Lament". The article was on his old site, but when I asked him he didn't remember who wrote it. Maybe you should note it, just in case the real author will suddenly appear...
Fixed.

Along with the following update..

The Kargatane's List of RPGA Adventures has been salvaged, expanded, and dumped in Mausoleum. Also, we have a smattering of new corrections on the Errata page, a few new links in The Balcony. In addition, John Mangrum shares a bit more on Gaz III, RLDMG, and SotDR's cut darklords, including Mircea's stats, and Ryan Naylor has more thoughts on VRGttWD, a Lost Nightmare Lands project, VRA and DT&DL as well as some cut Dread Possibilities from Gaz V in the Parlor

In other words, a bunch of stuff Joel sent me in February that I haven't had a chance to put up until now.. ;)

still a bunch in the pipe, but it'll have to wait for another night...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

And a new FAQ including the 4e news...
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

• An update from Jennifer, Session 5 of her new campaign, is now added to her journal in The Veranda.
  • Also, Joël has converted the Gryphon Hill Core maps into beautiful high-res, now in the Cemetery.
  • We've archived some... new... hooks in the Vault.
  • And the Boat House and Balcony have been purged of undead links.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

One more thing: Azalin's #1 fan, HuManBing, treats us to a lovely sketch of the wizard-king's living face, now in the Portrait Hall.
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

That's a good look for him.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

It's up! Woo-hoo!

Glad you like it, Manofevil. The face is derived from Clint Eastwood, and the hair (and cravat and collar) are derived from Ludwig van Beethoven. I was going for a "stern patrician" look.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Missing Halloween already? So are we... Let's all pretend it's still that hallowed night of darkness and curl up with... Quoth the Raven, Issue 17, now available in The Library.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Missing Halloween already? So are we... Let's all pretend it's still that hallowed night of darkness and curl up with... Quoth the Raven, Issue 17, now available in The Library.
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read all the goodies! I see mine is last hee hee!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Yes, it's been far too long since the last update. Many apologies.

A long overdue update: New sessions in Jennifer and Joël's campaigns in The Veranda. Joël also provides us with an original soundtrack for the Midnight Market as featured in his campaign, inspired by NeoTiamat's instant classic creation shared in our forums. And lastly, (for today) but certainly not least, Matt "Strahdsbuddy" Doyle shares with us Powerpoint slideshows depicting three theories of the Core's formation, the canon version, and alternate versions proposed by Strahdsbuddy and Zak "Lord Cyclohexane" Gillman. These presentations, as well as the Midnight Market Mixdown, are entombed in our Mausoleum.

And yes, the front page quote has finally been changed to reflect the sad reality of RL4E's cancellation.

Please enjoy.....
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I like the Core Genesis stuff. The idea of 'greater Barovia, 'Greater Mordent' etc fits well IMC. I'm definitely borrowing some of this.

IMC, a lot of 'False History' may actually be real history, if somewhat warped and misremembered.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

ewancummins wrote:I like the Core Genesis stuff. The idea of 'greater Barovia, 'Greater Mordent' etc fits well IMC. I'm definitely borrowing some of this.
Glad to hear it. FYI, There is a discussion thread for the project here:
http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... f=1&t=7673