Old Forum _was_ Really, Really Old...and Broken

Post questions and suggestions here
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nerit »

I can attest to Kage's buggy roller. I wonder if there is a newer one now?
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Kaitou Kage wrote:I am curious -- which die roller did you go for? I tried one but it was way too buggy.
This one:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1816135

Is it the same?

If I can't get it working in the next day or two, I'll just do the switch and work on it afterwards.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

I believe that is a different one! I googled and the one I used was apparently abandoned
Last edited by Kaitou Kage on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Kaitou Kage wrote:I believe that is a different one! I googled and the one I used was apparently abandoned.
This might be the same one then, sort of. This one was originally abandoned by its creator, and then picked up by someone else who continued to develop it.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

[whiny anakin voice]It's working! It's working!!!![/whiny anakin voice]

dice mod seems to be in place. Only thing I still can't figure out is minor, and only HuManBing will care. ;) (centering in a sig)

Now I just need to find time soon to do the final switch. Stay tuned!
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:As an update... I've picked some skins and installed them. posts, avatars and smileys seem to have transferred ok. Now I'm working on adding some mods. (having trouble with the (drumroll please) dice-roller.) Look for the actual switch sometime this week I hope.
Speaking as a DM, I would kill for a good dice roller. Or at least commit unspecified criminal actions. :wink:
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nerit »

*Steeples fingers* Excellent. (Happy DMs make h-...well, more tortured players.)
Nuray Solak
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Old Forum is Really, Really Old...and Broken

Post by Isabella »

There some minor cosmetic trouble with the Imperium skin where the links at the top are half-hidden.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re:

Post by steveflam »

NeoTiamat wrote:
Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:As an update... I've picked some skins and installed them. posts, avatars and smileys seem to have transferred ok. Now I'm working on adding some mods. (having trouble with the (drumroll please) dice-roller.) Look for the actual switch sometime this week I hope.
Speaking as a DM, I would kill for a good dice roller. Or at least commit unspecified criminal actions. :wink:
So, uh , what type of actions did you commit? :shock:
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I post this merely as a side observation. This is neither good nor bad.

If you edit your post, there will NOT be a footnote showing the time and date (and number) of the edit(s) as long as your post is the very last one in the thread at the time of the edit.

This is essentially the same as the mechanic before the board change.

Some of the more modern boards on other RPG sites have an automatic edits tracking feature, which means you cannot make any changes without the footnote also telling readers when you changed it.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

HuManBing wrote:I post this merely as a side observation. This is neither good nor bad.

If you edit your post, there will NOT be a footnote showing the time and date (and number) of the edit(s) as long as your post is the very last one in the thread at the time of the edit.

This is essentially the same as the mechanic before the board change.

Some of the more modern boards on other RPG sites have an automatic edits tracking feature, which means you cannot make any changes without the footnote also telling readers when you changed it.
Yup, that feature most likely exists, but I don't really see the need. Does anyone else?

In other news: did you do anything special to fix your sig? I didn't. Did it fix itself? if so, cool!!
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I personally prefer it this way. It means I can write outrageously inaccurate things in the "Ravenloft in GURPS" thread and then come back to change them months later, safe in the knowledge that nobody will have posted anything in there in the intervening time! ;)

As for my sig, I didn't make any changes, so it was something the forum automagically did. Looks like your coding has withstood the test of time, Gonzoron!
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nerit »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Yup, that feature most likely exists, but I don't really see the need. Does anyone else?
Yes, it should exist in Posting Options or some nearby page in the Admin CP. I am sure it only matters to paranoid DMs.
Nuray Solak
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

The board now has a "friends" option allowing you to add friends.

I have added Drusilla. It's a dangerous world but somebody has to take one for the team in the name of science.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Well, I don't see any option that I haven't already chosen:
Limit editing time:
Limits the time available to edit a new post. Setting the value to 0 disables this behaviour.
this is set to 0
Display last edited time information:
Choose if the last edited by information to be displayed on posts.
this is set to yes.

Maybe this doesn't exist. My guess: since you could just delete the last post and repost an edited version, it wouldn't be enforceable, so they don't bother showing it.