Mistipedia Editing

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mistipedia Editing

Post by Nerit »

Hi, there! Would you like to add your loverly prose to the Ravenloft Wiki?

Here are some general pointers when you make new pages:

Big Headers: ==Header==

Sub Headers: ===Header===

Intrawiki Link: We'll assume proper names WILL eventually have pages. You can go ahead and make most Ravenloft subjects a link by putting [[Subject]]. The wiki does the rest. I know, it's awesome, right?

Italics: ''text''
Bold: '''text'''
Paragraph break: Make sure to put an EXTRA return after a paragraph end. The wiki doesn't recognize one, it needs two.

For more in depth stuff, start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tutorial
or here: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Mistipedia Editing

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Nerit wrote: Italics: ''text''
Bold: '''text'''
Note that those are all apostrophes: '
Not quotes: "

so italics is two 's and bold is three 's.

All this should probably be put on the wiki itself somewhere, so people don't have to come to the forum to find it.... <hint> ;)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nerit »

Yes, but people were confused in other threads regarding format so I thought it would be best to put it here. I'll make a help article as well.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Nerit wrote:Yes, but people were confused in other threads regarding format so I thought it would be best to put it here. I'll make a help article as well.
Understood. And thanks for the help article. I'll make this thread a sticky so people can find it easily.

Everyone! For instructions on Mistipedia formatting and editting, see the Help page
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Suggestion: How about we remove spoilers from mistipedia? Or give spoiler warnings.
I am in early chapters of "Tower of Doom" book, and I was interested about a particular item. I checked the mistipedia link to see if it was developed elsewhere, in a rulesbook or something... and I found a pretty jarring spoiler, with no warning. :(
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote:Suggestion: How about we remove spoilers from mistipedia? Or give spoiler warnings.
I am in early chapters of "Tower of Doom" book, and I was interested about a particular item. I checked the mistipedia link to see if it was developed elsewhere, in a rulesbook or something... and I found a pretty jarring spoiler, with no warning. :(
I feel for you, but that would defeat a lot of the purpose of it. I mean, the whole thing is essentially one giant spoiler. We do have a warning to that effect on the main page.
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

I have edited Mistipedia QtR index with Issue 26 content after editing the issue page; I have also added Issue 26 contents on 1d4 chan.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mistmaster wrote:I have edited Mistipedia QtR index with Issue 26 content after editing the issue page; I have also added Issue 26 contents on 1d4 chan.
great, thanks!
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Oh heck, it's an article about Lilliend -- with a bunch of links to related stuff. ^_^ Hope you all enjoy...
Comments, questions, nitpicks, etc. are welcomed.
brothersale
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brothersale »

Added the domains of Korvidas and Varamont from the DM guild to the Wiki
All great movements require a few martyrs... -Moebius (soulreaver 2)
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Excuse me, We've been SPAMMED.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D