New to Online Play...

Online roleplaying at the Café
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

New to Online Play...

Post by A G Thing »

What is required to play online, and what d20 3.5 games are currently open to add another player to their roster?

I have never played online :oops: and wish to join as I am currently unable to game with a group due to location at the moment... :(
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I think the most games online here go by 3.5 system. I know my game is by 3.5 rules. I don't know by other games, but I might be interested in having a new player. Let me know if you are interested, ok?
Crimson King
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Crimson King »

What sort of game are you looking for? What sort of adventures do you enjoy, what sort of character/s/ do you prefer to play, what is your usual style of play?
"Death is too short to put up with this."
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

What sort of game are you looking for? What sort of adventures do you enjoy, what sort of character/s/ do you prefer to play, what is your usual style of play?

To answer I am more or less going for Ravenloft of course but I prefer the game to actually have characters and not just endless jokes and such... I play 3.5 to the exclusion of other systems, basically because besides very little 2nd E stuff I have no other systems (except 4th which I don't really like as much!) to reference. I enjoy adventures where heroes have to solve mysteries or must face something very imposing. I enjoy all aspects of the game and while I will attempt to save a character or opt if available to have the ressurected I know that sometimes the die and that is also enjoyable if the character died reasonably. I generally play all sorts of characters of all classes, and my style of play would more or less relate to being pretty standard but I definitely enjoy the interaction of the PC's more than most other aspects.

Currently I am trying for getting into tarlyn's game, but if I cannot then I appreciate the you asking Crimson King and if you have a game and still would allow, I will check with you in that event...
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Looks like I'll be accepting A G Thing into my game ;)
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

tarlyn...

Thank you very much! :) :D :)

Im so happy to hear that!

Thanks again!!!
Victor Stark
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: New to Online Play...

Post by Victor Stark »

A G Thing wrote:What is required to play online, and what d20 3.5 games are currently open to add another player to their roster?

I have never played online :oops: and wish to join as I am currently unable to game with a group due to location at the moment... :(
There are different ways to play online. One is to do a real-time chat using one of many online IM/chat services (AIM, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, etc.). Some of these provide "dicebot" formulas to roll dice in the chatrooms (I know AIM does).

Another, which seems to be the main focus on this board, is play-by-post games, which I am not as familiar with, but am giving a shot.

If you have more specific questions, toss them out, we'll be glad to help!
- Andrew <:-(}
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Lewiscordo wrote:My partner and i participate in 3. 5 to the exclusion associated with some other techniques, basically because in addition to not much 2nd E goods We've no some other techniques (except independence day i will not love the maximum amount of! ) for you to referrals. I quite like activities exactly where characters should fix mysteries or maybe need to face anything quite upon. I quite like all areas of the game buying enough I am going to attempt to preserve the personality or maybe prefer in case offered to have the ressurected I understand that from time to time the actual expire and that is furthermore pleasant if the personality died realistically. My partner and i generally participate in a number of heroes of instruction, along with my personal design of participate in could essentially depend on currently being quite normal yet My partner and i undoubtedly take advantage of the conversation of the Personal computers greater than alot of features.
I'm just going to quote this before I delete the spammer because... wow... that's a bizarre little work of art. :) In case you couldn't tell, it looks like someone (or somebot) ran this quote from A G Thing through a thesaurus:
A G Thing wrote:I play 3.5 to the exclusion of other systems, basically because besides very little 2nd E stuff I have no other systems (except 4th which I don't really like as much!) to reference. I enjoy adventures where heroes have to solve mysteries or must face something very imposing. I enjoy all aspects of the game and while I will attempt to save a character or opt if available to have the ressurected I know that sometimes the die and that is also enjoyable if the character died reasonably. I generally play all sorts of characters of all classes, and my style of play would more or less relate to being pretty standard but I definitely enjoy the interaction of the PC's more than most other aspects.
in an attempt to sound like he knows what he's talking about and fits in. I particularly like the translation of "4th" (as in edition) to "independence day" (as in July 4th) and PCs (as in Player Characters) into Personal Computers. :lol:
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Has been a while since I saw this thread. Wonder what made it pick this thread to try and use?
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

It did surprise me, when I read the first post, to see AG, of all people, asking how an online game goes. This after we've been together in so many of them :)

The spammer did give me a headache, though. Good thing it's gone!
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

I was getting very confused as well.... Was going to be like... you can join mine but don't you already have a few games going A-G-thing? WEIIIIIIRD.

:) glad it was just a bot.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf