View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:46 pm



Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Old Forum _was_ Really, Really Old...and Broken 
Author Message
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Posts: 637
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Post Old Forum _was_ Really, Really Old...and Broken
[Thread Title editted by GonzoRon. Just to avoid confusion, now that we have moved to the new board]
Okay, I know I'm the "newbie" here and I have bothered you before. Seriously, though, it's getting a little silly. This forum goes down more than three times a week and has terribly slow intervals for no apparent reason. It went down a few minutes ago and I made sure other folks were having the same issue.

Either your host, BlueHost, has unreliable MySQL servers or the forum is just too old and worn out. My gut says it's the forum because I've been able to access the main FoS site during a forum crash.

So, I've been told that the database is also old and can't handle an upgrade or something. I've been told that people will get "lost" if we have a different skin on a new forum. I've been told that it was a nightmare the last time an upgrade was attempted.

First, there should be a back up of the forum database, even if it's about a GIG, eep! All forums need backups for emergencies! So, if something goes wrong with an upgrade, you know you have the real thing stored somewhere else.

Second, people can handle skins. Please give them credit; maybe the oldest fogeys of the old fogeys cannot find the "Post" button immediately, but they probably have trouble with browsing in general. There are always free options out there for phpBB, and some of them even come with big shiny buttons! (Our current skins are not the most legible anyway.)

Third, the "nightmare" upgrade can be avoided if you give in to a forum archive. Everything is still there to read. If a topic isn't complete, it can be made into a new one, and soon enough all will return to normal. Also, if there are issues during the upgrade process, there could be a temporary chatroom or free forum for people to commiserate elsewhere.

Please, please reconsider upgrading?

I really want to emphasize accessibility here: The forum crashes are noticeable, frustrating, and worse than maybe not seeing where a button is or having to reference an archived post.

/end whine

_________________
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak


Last edited by Nerit on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am
Posts: 1859
Post 
I've also been having trouble with the forums on a notable basis. Sometimes it actually crashes and throws up code, but oftentimes it simply refuses to load.

It's annoying, but my major concern is it seems to be happening much more frequently these days.

_________________
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."


Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:04 pm
Profile
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Posts: 4107
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Post 
I am, admittedly, too technically challenged to know much else, but I do know that the forum has been crashing with fair regularity recently. Never for long, but often.

_________________
GM: Eye of Anubis (Complete), Shattered City (Complete), Walking Shadows (Complete), and Final Gate (Ongoing).
Lead Writer & Editor: Van Richten Society Files: Doppelgangers
Contributor: Quoth the Raven #20, #21, #22, #23


Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:09 pm
Profile
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Posts: 2115
Location: Here and there
Post 
I, too, think the forums should be upgraded. They're old, decrepit, and hanging by a thread on a script that is no longer well-supported by the creators.

Here are a few reasons why I believe this forum should be archived or backed up and a new forum script installed.

1.) phpBB2 is five years old now and no longer supported by the phpbb people. Sure, they have a forum you can go to for help, but a lot of it's unofficial. The internet has changed tremendously in five years and as much as things have changed, an upgrade is virtually a necessity. phpBB3 and other current forum scripts offer a lot more features (such as more stability and reliable anti-spam support) that would make this community a much better place.

2.) A forum is a forum is a forum. While they may look a little different, the overall layout will be the same. The phpBB3 layout is similar enough to phpBB2 that it would be easy to make a segue to the latest version. Other forum scripts are laid out similarly enough that finding how to post a topic will be easy enough for people that use the internet as often as forum-goers here do. Forum scripts have gotten remarkably more user-friendly over the years, so if anything an upgrade would make it easier for front-end and back-end users alike.

3.) The upgrade can be done without crashing or killing these forums. Simply install the new forums to another location (such as /board/ or /forums/ or /phpbb3/). If the posts here need to be accessed readily, they can be archived for later use.

4.) Higher functionality. Newer forums have better and easier features for users, mods, and admins alike. There are better ways to make posts readable and more options for things you can include in posts. There can potentially even be a dice roller for the PbP games so you can just roll right there in the forums!

5.) Nerit and I both have experience with forum management, upgrades, PHP/SQL (I write PHP scripts for a living), and skins/templates. We'd be happy to help out.

6.) Part of (and possibly the bulk of) the problem with any upgrades is these forums are so old that it'll be difficult to make a smooth transition. At this point there's probably no way to simply convert from phpBB2 to phpBB3 (or any other forum). These boards are just too out of date. It will require a little downtime, but better to take a little downtime now and get a much more stable build than have the forums just plain crash because they're not up to date with current internet trends and PHP versions.

7.) The current script is probably old enough that it has serious security holes by now. They may not be readily apparent but enough has changed since 2005. Gaps that were closed when this script was new are probably wide open for exploitation now. A lot of this may not even be visible.

8.) Newer forum scripts are more streamlined and better suited to run on modern hosting services. They're faster and put less stress on the database and the server, thus reducing the risks of crash.

I think it's long overdue. The constant crashes are a sign of a serious problem that's not going to get better with time. As the Internet grows, this forum is going to get worse and worse until it finally goes kaput for good. PHP errors spring up constantly and it's almost certainly because the Internet has just outgrown it.

So I echo Nerit's sentiment. Please reconsider getting an upgrade! It would go a long way to keeping this message board stable, healthy, and active!


Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:16 pm
Profile YIM
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Posts: 6503
Location: New Jersey
Post Re: Old Forum is Really, Really Old...and Broken
Nerit wrote:
Okay, I know I'm the "newbie" here and I have bothered you before. Seriously, though, it's getting a little silly. This forum goes down more than three times a week and has terribly slow intervals for no apparent reason. It went down a few minutes ago and I made sure other folks were having the same issue.
First, I just want to say that "newbie" status has never been a reason to be seen as a bother, or to be ignored. I respect your opinion and have always considered your concerns as much as anyone else. Besides, your newbie year is almost up. ;)
Quote:
Either your host, BlueHost, has unreliable MySQL servers or the forum is just too old and worn out. My gut says it's the forum because I've been able to access the main FoS site during a forum crash.
I have seen crashes as well, from time to time, though I haven't noticed an increase. I've been operating under the assumption that it's the MySQL servers, since the errors given are MySQL related and they resolve themselves without intervention on my part. The rest of the site (aside from the wiki and catalogue) are plain old HTML/CSS, so they wouldn't be affected by MySQL going down.

However, I will defer to you and Kaitou's experience, and if you think that the downtime is due to the forum, I will look into upgrading.

Quote:
So, I've been told that the database is also old and can't handle an upgrade or something.
Which is true (see Kaitou's post). The main reason I haven't upgraded is a fear that fragmenting the forum is the only way to do so. migrating an old PHPBB2 to a slightly less old PHPBB2 database was as you mentioned, a nightmare. I can't expect going from PHPBB2 to PHPBB3 will be any better.
Quote:
I've been told that people will get "lost" if we have a different skin on a new forum.
I agree, this is a minor issue. It's not that I believe our users can't handle a new interface, but I fully expect complaints about what's different. barring a compelling reason to change, this is IMHO a valid reason not to do so. But perhaps we now have a compelling reason. IMHO, "it's old" is not such a reason. Despite what software companies would like tell us, new doesn't always mean better and old doesn't always mean bad. However, "it's old and therefore crashing" is obviously a valid reason to switch
Quote:
First, there should be a back up of the forum database, even if it's about a GIG, eep! All forums need backups for emergencies! So, if something goes wrong with an upgrade, you know you have the real thing stored somewhere else.
there is, of course. losing the data isn't what I'm worried about. Not being able to bring it over to a new living board is the issue.

Quote:
Third, the "nightmare" upgrade can be avoided if you give in to a forum archive.
Indeed. This type of upgrade would be quick and relatively painless, I agree. I've been against fragmenting the forum into a current and archive version. From a usability perspective, it irks me to no end. But maybe I'm alone here. Would any one else object to walling off this old forum as readonly and starting anew?

Quote:
Please, please reconsider upgrading?
It's always been a consideration, and it's always been at the bottom of my to-do list. Based on the complaints in this thread, however, I'm moving it up to the top.

Quote:
I really want to emphasize accessibility here: The forum crashes are noticeable, frustrating, and worse than maybe not seeing where a button is or having to reference an archived post.
Perhaps because I'm not involved in a pBp game, I haven't noticed them as much as y'all. (I'm ashamed to say I had to give up on following Shattered City due to lack of time. I do plan to go back and catch up someday.) I do check the board several times a day, however, and honestly, I've only seen one downtime in the past few weeks, and it was over in a few minutes.

So what I'm basically trying to get at is: My reluctance to upgrade has been a effort/risk vs. reward decision. Until now, I've seen quite a lot of effort, and some risk vs. nebulous rewards. But obviously this downtime is worse than I've noticed, and if an upgrade can fix that, it's worthwhile. But I will warn you that it won't be immediate. I do have a lot on my plate right now, but I will work on it as soon as I'm able.

_________________
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."


Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Posts: 6503
Location: New Jersey
Post 
Kaitou Kage wrote:
1.) phpBB2 is five years old now and no longer supported by the phpbb people. Sure, they have a forum you can go to for help, but a lot of it's unofficial.
True, but since the migration, I haven't had the need to get any support. With the exception of the stability issue, there have been no problems with the forum SW since the move.

Please understand that from my perspective, the forums have been working fine, with no need to change. Now, the crashing being more frequent and being related to the SW version is all news to me.

Quote:
3.) The upgrade can be done without crashing or killing these forums. Simply install the new forums to another location (such as /board/ or /forums/ or /phpbb3/). If the posts here need to be accessed readily, they can be archived for later use.
IMHO, that's not an upgrade, that's a new board. Agreed, it's nearly trival to set that up. In fact, it's technically already there. Don't know how many of us remember the temporary boards I threw up while I worked on the migration when the original site went down without warning. But anyway, that was PHPBB3, and it's still there. A bit of tweaking, and it would be ready to use.

But then this forum would languish as a read-only archive. It has always been my hope to eventually find a way to do a true upgrade.

Quote:
4.) Higher functionality. Newer forums have better and easier features for users, mods, and admins alike. There are better ways to make posts readable and more options for things you can include in posts. There can potentially even be a dice roller for the PbP games so you can just roll right there in the forums!
Perhaps I'm being a fuddy-duddy, but I wasn't impressed with the differences in user-experience with phpbb3 in our short time on the temporary board. And there are die rollers for phpbb2 as well. I only mention this to further clarify why an upgrade hasn't yet been done. We didn't really see a pressing need or exceptional benefit.

Quote:
5.) Nerit and I both have experience with forum management, upgrades, PHP/SQL (I write PHP scripts for a living), and skins/templates. We'd be happy to help out.
So noted. If I run into trouble, I may call on you.

Quote:
6.) Part of (and possibly the bulk of) the problem with any upgrades is these forums are so old that it'll be difficult to make a smooth transition.
Precisely.

Quote:
7.) The current script is probably old enough that it has serious security holes by now. They may not be readily apparent but enough has changed since 2005. Gaps that were closed when this script was new are probably wide open for exploitation now. A lot of this may not even be visible.
As part of my initial investigation, I looked into the known security holes this version of the SW. I don't recall the details now, but at the time, I was satisfied that there was nothing major based on what we allow users to do in our configuration. I agree "more secure" is always better. But as far as I know, none of our users have ever reported any problems traceable to the forum.

Quote:
8.) Newer forum scripts are more streamlined and better suited to run on modern hosting services. They're faster and put less stress on the database and the server, thus reducing the risks of crash.
Now we're talking. This is something I hadn't considered and certainly makes sense.



Anyway, I hope I don't come off as too defensive here. I'm just trying to explain why an upgrade hasn't happened yet. I hope people understand I'm not just shirking my duties. In any event. I will look into a "real" upgrade as soon as I can, and if that proves impossible, archive this board and start anew.

_________________
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."


Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Posts: 2115
Location: Here and there
Post Re: Old Forum is Really, Really Old...and Broken
Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
I agree, this is a minor issue. It's not that I believe our users can't handle a new interface, but I fully expect complaints about what's different. barring a compelling reason to change, this is IMHO a valid reason not to do so. But perhaps we now have a compelling reason. IMHO, "it's old" is not such a reason. Despite what software companies would like tell us, new doesn't always mean better and old doesn't always mean bad. However, "it's old and therefore crashing" is obviously a valid reason to switch


With all due respect, while it's true "newer" is not always "better," there does come a point where old means bad. On the Internet today, updates are typically made to fix bugs and holes. While a new version may not immediately be as good as a previous version, the new system will eventually begin to outrank the old. Five years is an eternity in Internet world.

Quote:
there is, of course. losing the data isn't what I'm worried about. Not beng able to bring it over to a new living board is the issue.


Quote:
This type of upgrade would be quick and relatively painless, I agree. I've been against fragmenting the forum into a current and archive version. From a usability perspective, it irks me to no end. But maybe I'm alone here. Would any one else object to walling off this old forum as readonly and starting anew?


I can see where you're coming from, but at this stage it's something that probably can't be helped. Had these boards upgraded to phpBB3 years ago when it was still new, then a shift would've been possible without losing much data. Unfortunately, it's been long enough that direct conversion is going to be difficult at best. It might still be possible but unlikely.


Quote:
Please, please reconsider upgrading?
It's always been a consideration, and it's always been at the bottom of my to-do list. Based on the complaints in this thread, however, I'm moving it up to the top.

Quote:
So what I'm basically trying to get at is: My reluctance to upgrade has been a effort/risk vs. reward decision. Until now, I've seen quite a lot of effort, and some risk vs. nebulous rewards. But obviously this downtime is worse than I've noticed, and if an upgrade can fix that, it's worthwhile. But I will warn you that it won't be immediate. I do have a lot on my plate right now, but I will work on it as soon as I'm able.


Again, with all due respect, I feel that keeping current with the technology is essential to maintaining a successful online community. That doesn't mean every site manager needs to drop everything and start learning CSS3 and HTML5 right now. But when hosting any kind of forum or CMS, it's always good to keep current. A lot of the updates include more than just features. They've got bugfixes, they cover up security issues, they streamline the process.

I realize I am probably preaching to the choir in bringing that up to you, so I don't mean to insult your intelligence :) I just want to point out that the rewards are not as nebulous as I feel you are making them out to be.

If it would help, I could try and encourage people to keep a log of when they observe downtime or loading hangups. I don't know how fruitful that would be on any side of the equation, though.


Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:23 pm
Profile YIM
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Posts: 6503
Location: New Jersey
Post Re: Old Forum is Really, Really Old...and Broken
Kaitou Kage wrote:
With all due respect, while it's true "newer" is not always "better," there does come a point where old means bad. On the Internet today, updates are typically made to fix bugs and holes. While a new version may not immediately be as good as a previous version, the new system will eventually begin to outrank the old. Five years is an eternity in Internet world.
Point taken, though there comes a point in a "mature" product where the number of bugs becomes less and less noticeable. Solid software doesn't just crumble and decompose as it ages.

I guess I can't help but be biased by my career here. I work on chip hardware and firmware design for cell phone towers. With so many towers in the field and so many people depending on them, we never make a change for the sake of being new. Every change has to be to address a specific, reproducible, and customer-visible problem. And it has to be validated and proven that it doesn't break anything else. I can guarantee you that when you make a phone call there are processors handling your call whose software hasn't changed in years. This is the conservative mindset I have in mind. Maybe it's the wrong mindset for the Internet world, but there you have it.


Quote:
I can see where you're coming from, but at this stage it's something that probably can't be helped. Had these boards upgraded to phpBB3 years ago when it was still new, then a shift would've been possible without losing much data. Unfortunately, it's been long enough that direct conversion is going to be difficult at best. It might still be possible but unlikely.
I excel at the unlikely. ;) But seriously, yes, this is my fear, but I still have some hope. Let me give it a whirl before we just punt.


Quote:
I realize I am probably preaching to the choir in bringing that up to you, so I don't mean to insult your intelligence :) I just want to point out that the rewards are not as nebulous as I feel you are making them out to be.
Again, point taken, but what I meant by nebulous was nebulous to the average user. Does a bug fix matter when that bug comes up once out of 10,000 posts? Does increased security matter when nobody bothers hacking us anyway? etc. Yes, if I'd had my druthers, I'd have jumped straight to the latest version from the get-go, and updated periodically, but that wasn't a simple task (and here I will take a moment to berate the developers of phpbb for not providing a smooth upgrade path.)

Ultimately, I have a limited amount of time to devote to the site, and when allocating that time, I constantly must weigh matters like, "Will the average user be more pleased to know the board is slightly less hackable, or to have a wiki? Will they like new WYSIWYG editting on the board or new content in the Library?"

Quote:
If it would help, I could try and encourage people to keep a log of when they observe downtime or loading hangups. I don't know how fruitful that would be on any side of the equation, though.
nah, I agree, that doesn't seem really useful. If 4 different people say they've seen an increase, I believe them. Though I wonder where tarlyn is... he's usually the first to tell me when the site is down. :)

_________________
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."


Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Posts: 2115
Location: Here and there
Post Re: Old Forum is Really, Really Old...and Broken
Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
I guess I can't help but be biased by my career here. I work on chip hardware and firmware design for cell phone towers. With so many towers in the field and so many people depending on them, we never make a change for the sake of being new. Every change has to be to address a specific, reproducible, and customer-visible problem. And it has to be validated and proven that it doesn't break anything else. I can guarantee you that when you make a phone call there are processors handling your call whose software hasn't changed in years. This is the conservative mindset I have in mind. Maybe it's the wrong mindset for the Internet world, but there you have it.


Oh yeah, I can definitely see where you are coming from. Incidentally when I took a graduate course in History of Technology I read a book that spoke to this sort of thing. Hardware and infrastructure is difficult to change, even if you want it to until it becomes completely untenable.

Fortunately, software is usually MUCH more flexible. Most software programs go through so many changes over time that force of habit settles in where the need to be conservative usually takes charge. Software is considerably more malleable on the back-end and can be totally overhauled without much change for the front-end.

Again, I know I'm probably preaching to the choir, so feel free to consider that mostly random musings ;)


Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:30 pm
Profile YIM
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Posts: 6503
Location: New Jersey
Post Re: Old Forum is Really, Really Old...and Broken
Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
(and here I will take a moment to berate the developers of phpbb for not providing a smooth upgrade path.)
Hold the phone everyone.... I may owe the developers of phpbb an apology.

I've done some research, and it looks like this may be far easier than any of us thought. the latest phpbb3 includes a converter to go from 2 to 3. (It must be new, or newly documented because I couldn't find such a thing last time I looked).

I had a bit of free time today, so I tried it. Seems to be very smooth indeed. Only one hangup, the same one that gave me headaches last time: the foreign characters. I think I have a solution, but I need to disable this board temporarily to try it. I'm not going to do it now, but look for a downtime warning sometime early next week telling you when I'll be doing it. (by doing it, I mean a test run, not a full switchover. If the test run goes well, full switch to follow shortly.)


In the meantime, I have an assignment/request.... We'll need some phpbb3-compatible themes. Right now, the board supports the following:
ClanzDarkness2 (default)
Chronicles
ashGrunge
myth2
redIce
subSilver

I did the research once before to find which of those have been updated to phpbb3 and which haven't, but I didn't keep the results. If anyone finds phpbb3 versions of the above or any good phpbb3 skins that fit our genre, please post links to them here.

_________________
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."


Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Posts: 637
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Post List
My eyes are blurring so I am posting this before it's complete to fall over on fluffy thing, presumably a bed...

Don't let graphics or title banners turn you away, they can be tweaked and so can style sheets.

ClanzDarkness - last version 3.0.4 ( http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/11375/ )
ashgrunge - defunct?
myth2 - ?
subsilver - replaced with prosilver, I believe, and comes default
Chronicles - defunct?
redIce - ?


VERSION 3.0.7

Dark
ElementBlack - http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-sty ... ementblack
Black Pearl - http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/Black+Pearl
MW2 - http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-styles/view/mw2
HermesGray - http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-sty ... ermes-gray
DVGFX - http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-styles/view/dvgfx

Black/Red
ElementRed - http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-sty ... elementred
Black Box Red - http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/blackbox_red

Black/Other
ProBlack - http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-sty ... w/problack
HermesGreen- http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-sty ... rmes-green

Fantasy
DarkFantasy - http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/6885/
Guild Wars Alliance - http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/GuildWarsAlliance

Brown
http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-sty ... w/softwood
http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-sty ... tage-brown (minimalist)
http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-sty ... w/imperium

Light
RedSilverC - http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-sty ... edsilver-c (based on subsilver)
Proglass Red - http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/proglass_red
RedLight - http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-sty ... w/redlight
Allure - http://www.skinsbuy.com/skins/phpbb/allure.php (it's free)

_________________
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak


Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:45 am
Profile WWW
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Posts: 637
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Post 
Additionally, here is a possibility if you don't want any downtime during a conversion: http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... 93#p187096

_________________
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak


Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Posts: 6503
Location: New Jersey
Post 
Nerit wrote:
Additionally, here is a possibility if you don't want any downtime during a conversion: http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... 93#p187096
Not necessary, but thanks. The trial conversion took less than 20 minutes. They've done away with downloading/uploading part. this new converter pulls the data straight from the old mySQL database.

_________________
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."


Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Posts: 6503
Location: New Jersey
Post 
As an update... I've picked some skins and installed them. posts, avatars and smileys seem to have transferred ok. Now I'm working on adding some mods. (having trouble with the (drumroll please) dice-roller.) Look for the actual switch sometime this week I hope.

_________________
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."


Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Posts: 2115
Location: Here and there
Post 
I am curious -- which die roller did you go for? I tried one but it was way too buggy.


Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:12 pm
Profile YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.