[url] code not working

Post questions and suggestions here
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

[url] code not working

Post by HuManBing »

Hello mods:

I tried to link a bit of text to this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jack ... _designer)

I failed. The bit of text would be "British" and the code I put in was:

British

As you can see, it does not create a link to the page. Can any of you figure this out? I don't think I've made any errors in the code. Maybe the internal URL parentheses are throwing off the code?
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: [url] code not working

Post by steveflam »

HuManBing wrote:Hello mods:

I tried to link a bit of text to this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jack ... _designer)

I failed. The bit of text would be "British" and the code I put in was:

British

As you can see, it does not create a link to the page. Can any of you figure this out? I don't think I've made any errors in the code. Maybe the internal URL parentheses are throwing off the code?

HMB you put [url instead of [url]. Maybe that is why it did not work?
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

I believe I've had issues with internal url parentheses in the past as well.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: [url] code not working

Post by HuManBing »

tarlyn wrote:
HMB you put [url instead of [url]. Maybe that is why it did not work?
If the tag is [url] then it never links anywhere. You must put equals plus HTTP address within the brackets for the link to work properly.

I think Isabella is right on this one. The parenthesis is causing the board to become confused. (Note that the url before the open parenthesis seems to scan okay, but it then puts you in a nonfunctional end address...)