Quoth the Raven - nevermore?

Post questions and suggestions here
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Quoth the Raven - nevermore?

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I've been trying to access the splendid zip files in the Library, only to get the message that 'the file is invalid or damaged'. Is there some problem with the site that is being fixed, or is it me ...?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Oh dear... looks like not all of them transferred properly. :oops:
I see the same problem, but only on Issue's 1, 3, 10-15, and the
pdf versions only of 8 and 9, and well as all the USS's and the main zip file for A Calling from Verbrek and the Great War project. Are the other ones working for you?

We had this same issue with the VRS doppleganger's report, and I fixed it by recopying the file from the old server. Now that the old server isn't directly accessible, I can't do it that easily. We'll find them and fix it asap.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

You have my great appreciation, Gonzoron. ^^ Thank you for all your hard work.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I believe everything is restored now except the pdf versions of QTR8,9, & 11. We'll get those up as soon as we find them. :) Thanks to Joel for digging in his personal archives for all the others.

Let me know if you see anything else that's corrupted like that...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Sorti
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sorti »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:I believe everything is restored now except the pdf versions of QTR8,9, & 11. We'll get those up as soon as we find them. :)
I have all of them, I can send them if you need them
Coltiviamo per tutti un rancore
che ha l'odore del sangue rappreso
ciò che allora chiamammo dolore
è soltanto un discorso sospeso
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

yup Ive got them all too...

drop me a line if you need any of the pdf's
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

OK, thanks to Sorti, I believe we've got them all now. Thanks for noticing, Rock, and let me know if anything else turns up missing...
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:OK, thanks to Sorti, I believe we've got them all now. Thanks for noticing, Rock, and let me know if anything else turns up missing...
I just ran across the same thing with the Nocturnal Sea Gazetteer...

I'm half tempted to try downloading everything, just to see what works and what doesn't and report back on that. Of course, that's likely because I'm procrastinating on other things I ought to be doing...
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Well, that stinks in new and exciting ways...

I checked all the .zip files, since those were the ones originally found to have issues. Didn't try the others. But you're right, the NS Gaz is corrupted too. And we just sent out a mass email advertising it too!

Luckily, I have a copy of that one, and I've uploaded it just now.

I am going to try downloading everything now, just to check, because, well, it's my job, not yours. but thanks for the offer. :)

EDIT: everything in the library and mausoleum seems to work now. thanks for letting us know, and please continue to report anything broken...
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:[...]But you're right, the NS Gaz is corrupted too. And we just sent out a mass email advertising it too!

Luckily, I have a copy of that one, and I've uploaded it just now.
I don't mean to sound weird, but was that a finished copy of the NS Gaz? Or has the NS Gaz been modified after its initial release?

Because I just read the L'ile de la Tempete entry, to follow up on the thread about it, and noticed that part of my own entry was gone. I know that it had been in there, as I downloaded a copy on the third day after it was offered, merely to see how my own work had been edited. I don't know if this was changed on purpose (no real loss, if so), but if things are missing unintentionally...

My entry (which had been edited a bit by Joel; I'm taking this copy from my email folder, which is the pre-edited version), was as follows:
Dread Possibility: The Drowned and the Damned wrote:Cursed for their cannibal sacrifices to their drowned god, Hac’guin Sa, the Ikosik are a group of aquatic ravagers seeking their lost sea city of Ikos. Their yearly migration brings them to the coast of Nova Vaasa to attack villages, stealing tools to aid their watery quest and humans to sacrifice or consume. Once they have fed heartily, they leave to bear their air-breathing young in the limestone caves of L’ile de la Tempete.

Heroes are often hired to protect against the incursions of the Ikosik, and battle is one way to deal with them. However, others like Dr. Milhavet have learned that the Ikosik are quite intelligent and willing to trade. In return for tools to assist their search, tales of their lost Ikos, or human lives given like trinkets to Hac’guin Sa, the Ikosik can share information regarding most any matter related to the Nocturnal Sea. For some of the more forbidding realms, like L’ile de la Tempete, they are often the only source, as Dr. Milhavet found when attempting to obtain Tempetian bats for his research on the Becoming Plague.
EDIT: Nevermind, I found it, it was just displaced down the document to be arranged with the other Dread Possibilities in the Interlude.
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Yep, that one seemed to fit better as a wide-ranging maritime threat than as one confined to Ile de la Tempete. Plus, the Tempete chapter was already pretty packed with sidebars and Dread Possibilities, so it seemed like a good idea to spread a few around.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I have no idea if there were different versions or not. That one was just the one I downloaded back before my FoS-hood. Roti, is it the right version?
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Yep, the one that was previously available for download is the finished NS Gaz. It's right ... assuming you didn't accidentally upload the joke version*, that is. :wink:

[*- Y'know, the one with lines like "Easan so knew you were gonna do that."]
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow