Reporting Spam

Post questions and suggestions here
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Thank you all guys! I gave the laptop to a friend of mine and he managed to get rid of it, don't know what he did though.

I opened it because thought was from the Fraternity and was PM. Was the same message Bluebomber got, but of course had my name:

LadyXAdmin wrote:
Dear, Bluebomber4evr!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Bluebomber4evr
----------------------------------------------------
Sincerely, Forum Administration www.fraternityofshadows.com.

When I clicked at the link a program called security tool was installed to my computer and said I had like 37 trojans and had to pay to get a program that can clean my computer. Of course I didn't pay. Then I kept getting messages of warnings and how I should clean the trojans otherwise will lose important information etc. The messages were spams and appeared every 10-15 sec! When I run my antivirus my computer got restarted automatically and I couldn't see the desktop only the spams...Then I got it to my friend and he did his magics and now my laptop is ok again.

I know I was stupid I thought it can be truth but on my defence I was just woke up and didn't have clear mind. Will be more careful in future. Thank you all again for your replies.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Sorry again that you had to go through that. :(

I've had that one before too, and I think malwarebytes was the only way to kill it. Glad your friend could help.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Bluebomber4evr wrote: To add to that: HijackThis!. Run that program and save a log, then copy and paste the log in the box here: http://www.hijackthis.de/ then click the "analyze" button. You'll see a list of all your registry entries and startup programs. Any nasty entries will have a red X by them. Go back into HijackThis! and fix all the entries that have a red X. This should help prevent the malware from coming back.
That. Hijackthis! is the best program out there against malware - though I would suggest you re-install your antivirus afterwards.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Well, I've installed another little spambot countermeasure. New users will have to answer a really simple question (for humans), which I hope will be tricky for bots. Lets see if it does anything to cut down on the spammers...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Reporting Spam

Post by HuManBing »

This thread is entirely spam.

In fact, everything that poster has ever written appears to be spam.

Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

yup, got it, thanks.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

This thread is not looking promising...
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

A few magic missiles did the job and killed the ghoul.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Looks like I've got a fake here:

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... f=7&t=6592

veeeeery bottom of the post.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I'm not so sure, Neo. The comment seems sincere and relevant to the thread. (they are awesome maps and pics, as usual for NeoTiamat/Isabella/lostboy Productions, Inc.). She's got no spam links in her post or profile. I'm thinking it's legit, though misplaced. I'll move the post into your OOC thread and keep a watchful eye on her future posts.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Got your back, dude, come back in for a drink.

;)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)