4th edition forum?

Post questions and suggestions here
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

4th edition forum?

Post by alhoon »

I believe it's about time to make a special forum for all the 4th edition threads, keeping the general noticeboard for generic Ravenloft things and 3rd edition.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Out of curiosity, why?
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Because it would separate 3rd from 4th?

Or more specifically it would separate 4th from the "Who Would You Sentence to Ravenloft" thread.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

I'm not really seeing why they need to be separate is all. There's all of three active fourth edition threads - they can hardly be said to be cluttering up the place. It seems like the new board would be even more barren than the cold desert wastes of the fan fiction board. :P
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

But that's a good thing. All you need is a bit of lightning and an everpresent red horizon, and you'd have Bluetspur.

And you could install Drusilla as the Illucid God Brain...
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

For the time there are just 3-4 4th edition threads. How about in 6 months?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

I still don't see why they need to be separate. Do they have cooties or something? :shock:
Lord Soth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Soth »

Yeah, I see no reason to keep them separate. If we had threads falling off the front page in less then 24 hours that'd be one thing, but that's not the case. So it's not as if threads are disappearing out of sight.
Man lives in the sunlit world
Of what he believes to be reality.
But, there is, unseen by most, an underworld,
A place that is just as real,
But not as brightly lit.....
A DARKSIDE.
Nikolas of the Mists
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Nikolas of the Mists »

I doubt you see a forum for 4e until the fansite policy is released :roll:
"I wouldn't worry too much about the Vistana with the pistols --
If he wanted to kill you, he'd have done it already."
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Nikolas of the Mists wrote:I doubt you see a forum for 4e until the fansite policy is released :roll:
Nikolas gets a cookie :)
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

So will separate forums for 3e, 2e, 1e, and OD&D follow. ;)

(Oh, and don't forget 3.5, Pathfinder, Player's Option/2.5 and Unearthed Arcana/1.5)

Seriously, I don't see the need. If you're talking 4e translations of RL stuff, that belongs in the General Forum. If you're talking non-RL 4e, it belongs in the Roleplaying Games forum. IMHO, of course.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Yep, that's the best way to split them up for now. :)

Personally, I can't see our establishing a separate forum for 4E, unless WotC's policy somehow makes it necessary. Ravenloft's always spanned the divide between editions, even in the TSR era when I6 and I10 (both 1E) were part of a mostly-2E canon.

So why shunt newcomers who are trying to learn both RL and 4E over into a separate area? We like for all the site's readers to get to know one another.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow