Rule Five

Post questions and suggestions here
Mistress of Mockery
Conspirator
Conspirator

Rule Five

Post by Mistress of Mockery »

5. No lurking: Sorry, but in less than a year we have accumulated more lurkers than posters. Unless you post within one month, your account will be fed to Dru and thereafter deleted.
Ouch. No problem there. I guess I kinda had to post eventually, but I'm much more a lurk (especially since I don't know all that much about Ravenloft).

With that in mind (and so, y'know, I can keep my post count up), is it possible to host a PbP anywhere around here?

Oh, and hi, you can call me MoM!
DM Van Helsing
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Rule Five

Post by DM Van Helsing »

Mistress of Mockery wrote:With that in mind (and so, y'know, I can keep my post count up), is it possible to host a PbP anywhere around here?
I'm running a Ravnloft PbP over at www.groovygamers.com and it works great. Highly recommended.
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

We've got several going on at the moment, and I think the frat is pretty easy about hosting new ones. It's just a message board, as far as that goes, but I know I'm having a blast with Eye of Anubis, run by our very own NeoTiamat.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Sure, we encourage PbP games here - see the Café de Nuit board, you'll see many going on there.

Before starting it, I suggest an "adventising" post in the main general board, to say what kind of game you'd like to do, where it will be set, levels, etc.; and ask for players to register if they are interested in what you plan.

Have a good game!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Mistress of Mockery
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Mistress of Mockery »

So, are there any 'unwritten rules' or anything? Anyone I should talk to? Any specific way to run a game? Can I just post an advertising thread? Any examples I could look at? Sorry for the newbiness, don't know how things are usually done around here.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Well, here's two examples of forum games that have started up recently. Here's a rather elaborate advertising thread:

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... sc&start=0

And one a little less elaborate:
http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... php?t=4966

I don't know of any unwritten rules; just follow the ones for the main board, I guess.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."