What I can and canot post

Post questions and suggestions here
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

What I can and canot post

Post by steveflam »

All right so can I post anything here from gryphonhill.com for map uses?
Can a mod help me out on that one? What else can I use as material for posts?
Joël of the FoS

Re: What I can and canot post

Post by Joël of the FoS »

tarlyn wrote:All right so can I post anything here from gryphonhill.com for map uses?
Can a mod help me out on that one? What else can I use as material for posts?
We are pretty liberal on what you can use, but we believe in enforcing copyrights.

You can:

- use stuff from other books, as long as you do not quote long parts of it;

- put link references to other online stuff;

- use the comfortable gray zone where most fans sites are. You play with their toys, don't forget it.

You can't:

- copy here long parts of copyrighted stuff. We like to enforce copyrights and make sure those who own the rights gets the money they deserve. This means you can use / reference stuff, but make sure someone who wants to use it still has to buy the book to get it, i.e. don't copy too much in your post - short idea is OK, long and complete text isn't. A discussion can be made on a specific topic or general idea, as long as the whole text isn't reproduced here;

- encourage other people to get copyrighted material for free as P2P.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

LIke the description of the Old Kartakan Inn is fine then? Like I can describe it like that anyways LOL!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

tarlyn wrote:LIke the description of the Old Kartakan Inn is fine then? Like I can describe it like that anyways LOL!
If you want to discuss something seen on the Mordent Carto Society, put the link to the text you are referencing - so people can read it, and then start the discussion.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

All righty then ;)