Banned mail

Post questions and suggestions here
Hadis Deadstalker
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Hadis Deadstalker »

I just opened a new email acct at gmail. And it looks like I can't enter it on my profile. I was hoping it would take care of the problem I was having (a long time ago in a domain far far away) because I wasn't receiving notifications when posts I was watching was updated. I worked with one of the moderators (whom I can't recall now) about fixing it. But since I can't enter my new email address because it's banned, looks like I'll still have that problem. It also means I can't get rid of the old email address.
Mores the pity.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead innnnteresting lives. - Bugs Bunny
Snake
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Snake »

So there isn't a way to fix this problem yet right? Cause I just purchased the ravenloft.info domain and have the email patriarch@ravenloft.info and I'm trying to switch over to it. Unfortunately this site won't let me do that. :Strahd:
Forgotten Son of Lord Vasili
Sylaire
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sylaire »

*sigh* Add me to the list of people in this thread, which is not a good thing since my current e-mail won't even exist after tomorrow at the latest (the old upgrade-to-broadband problem). And it's not a Gmail/hotmail/whatever type of problem, either...I'll have to see if my Yahoo account works...
lawerta
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by lawerta »

Well, my new mail is already "banned", and the old mail does not exist anymore. I don't know why new mail is banned, because I did not sent any letter to the Fraternity from this address.
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Alright, here's an update.

A short while ago I unbanned gmail addresses on the request of a new user.
Starting at that time, we recieved one fake user account from a fake gmail account almost every hour that it was unbanned.

We had a similiar situation with aol addresses.

Consequently, emails with aol or gmail are pre-banned.

I don't like the situation anymore than anyone else, but let me be clear:

I am not spending half an hour every single day cleaning out fake accounts.

Blame it on google, blame it on phpbb, blame it on the &$@^%! who invented software to get around visual confirmation.
Evil Reigns!!!!