Post Here for Help

Post questions and suggestions here

What do you, the reader, want from the board?

I hate the background! I want plain black
7%
I want special ranks, with pictures to show off to all my friends!
15%
We want Avatars! We want Avatars!
26%
What is this, a police state? We want less rules
7%
Sexy dames and pleanty of them.
37%
Other: Please write below, or instant message the moderators
9%

Total votes: 46

ScS of the Fraternity

Post Here for Help

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Hi Everyone, welcome to our little message board.

If you have any problems using the board, or questions you'd like to ask, please send them here. We will try to answer your queries and address your concerns as qucikly and as efficiently as possible.

There are some ideas floating around right now, and we are looking to prioritize our next additions to the message board. Please feel free to tell us what you think is most important to add.

ScS.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Reginald de Curry
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Reginald de Curry »

The one problem I have is the horizontal scroll bar. I personally don't need it when I'm using a full screen window, but my settings are for 1024x768 pixels. Not every computer I use can handle those settings comfortably.
Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so, Brain, but didn't we give up ritual murder for Lent?
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

You just pinned the tail on the werewolf, Reg.

Since the begining, this board has suffered from many of the difficulties of designing a page for screens of different resolution. I myself use high resoultion screens on my personal computer, but most people do not. I really only get a chance to see this site in small screen when I'm away from home or don't have a lap top handy.

We began this site with a wonderful little format with a medieval, wood and stone feel. However, the template was just too big for any screen at 800 or lower. Hence, the current template.

In the mean time, there is one good fix.
Go to the address bar and type in www.fraternityofshadows.com/forum
This will send you to the message board, without the navigation bar from the Fraternity page. That should make the board fit when you're using a small screen
Evil Reigns!!!!
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Igor the Henchman »

So, no way of thinning the the boards' width, then? Its a shame, really, I like having a navigation sidebar while I peruse the forums. Hmmm... No way of thinning the sidebar, either?
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Igor the Henchman »

Argh! I've tried all five templates, now. The only ones that fit my screen are Red ice and Subsilver. Unfortunately, both look extremely corny. Fraternity, can we have some other templates? Please? :(
Lord Arijani
Dark Lord of Shri Raji
Dark Lord of Shri Raji

Post by Lord Arijani »

Simple Question: Is there a way to change the profile name? Only atter I registered simply as "Arijani" did I realize that I could have used two or three words, as in "Lord Arijani"... :roll: :roll: :roll:
[b][color=blue]Maharajah Arijani[/color][/b]
Member of the [b]Rede RPG[/b] staff
http://www.rederpg.com.br
and the [b]Creative League RJ[/b]
Co-Author of the [b][color=darkred]Equinox[/color] d20 RPG Scenario[/b]
http://www.equinoxrpg.com.br
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Is it just me & my old computer that the Back or Previous Screen button doesn't work on this board? I'm having to use the Forum links & Jumps to return to return to the message boards after looking at each message, and that's really slowing me down, especially since my 800 x 600 screen means I'm doing a lot of scrolling already. :(
I only wish I had retired sooner!
irve
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by irve »

Arijani wrote:Simple Question: Is there a way to change the profile name? Only atter I registered simply as "Arijani" did I realize that I could have used two or three words, as in "Lord Arijani"... :roll: :roll: :roll:
An administrator has the power to do it, you might want to try...
[img]http://www.hot.ee/irve/pic/griefgrin.gif[/img] People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk. [i]Stephen King[/i]
Admin
Infernal Admin
Infernal Admin

Post by Admin »

Me! Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Behold, dear guests, for I am the infernal administrator!

With but a wave of my hand, Arijani is no more, replaced with Lord Arijani!
irve
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by irve »

Now you have to log in with your new name, Lord Arijani.
[img]http://www.hot.ee/irve/pic/griefgrin.gif[/img] People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk. [i]Stephen King[/i]
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Few ideas:

1) I like the idea of ranking, like at the Kargatane. I think you should do that.

2) Avatars. I think Avatars should only begiven to certain people, such as the FoS, people who won the competions in the USS and such. Or do what the wizards site does and have a certain number of avatars and let people have custom avatars for the reasons above.

3) I don't like the templates. Red Ice is the only one that fits my screen and it doesn't scream Ravenloft to me. I go to a message board that's run by vBulletin, it's quite good, all the bells and whistles of the Wizards site and this one. Perhaps (and I know I'll get a bollockin' for it) you should find more compatible board software, like the K's old ones.

Some ideas, and I thought I'd say them before Iggy gets a chance to! :P

EDIT: On the plus side, it doesn't half post your, um, posts quick!
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Malken/Ezekiel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Malken/Ezekiel »

That being said, it would be neat if the admin had a slightly more homely feel to him, too. :) The name Azalin comes to mind. :lol:

Other than that, I think this site is excellent. It doesn't scream blood and guts and horror, but it's nice and classy. (The skin I'm using, anyway...) It has some good points from both the Wizards site, and the Goat, and I think you should keep it.

Ranks: Yes, that's neat. But not a major consern, really...

Rules: I would like you to enforce at least some rules. We're a boisterous lot, and we need some watching, lest we get out of hand...
:twisted:/:mrgreen:[size=75]
- Malken/Ezekiel, your friendly neighbourhood personality-splinter.[/size]
Maximillian
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Maximillian »

I definitely agree with the ratings. As for the Avatars they can surely prove to be a problem. (I just read the Avatars thread and it explains much...) I believe we coul use a better background. Perhaps with a more Gothic look to it? Don't get me wrong but the current background looks so much like blood, and blood is almost assuredly not the prime element of Gothic Horror.
OI!!! Don't call me tall, you f@$%&£* midgets!!!
Shadowsworn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Shadowsworn »

make the background darker for sure. I liked the blue/black template used previously. It seemed very suitable for a place like the "Manoir de Penombre". Perhaps we could use those colours?
"Death is the great equalizer"

Proof that the Grim Reaper is a communist.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

I think that rankings are a good idea, I liked them on the old K forums and Scipio's forum ;):)
Swallow your soul!