Post Here for Help

Post questions and suggestions here

What do you, the reader, want from the board?

I hate the background! I want plain black
7%
I want special ranks, with pictures to show off to all my friends!
15%
We want Avatars! We want Avatars!
26%
What is this, a police state? We want less rules
7%
Sexy dames and pleanty of them.
37%
Other: Please write below, or instant message the moderators
9%

Total votes: 46

Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

*One Night in Stanton Bluffs* - The PbP

...that will be the title.

Sensible question:

To do this properly, I might need some assistance: Anyone here who wants to volunteer as my DM assistant?

:wink:

Hasty greetings,

I'll come to late university!

:shock:

R
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Desdichado wrote:To do this properly, I might need some assistance: Anyone here who wants to volunteer as my DM assistant?
Considering the request, I would recommend that you create a new thread to discuss your "One Night in Stanton Bluffs" campaign. This would allow a more detailed conversation with interested people without it getting lost within the other general help topics of this thread.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Le Noir Faineant

I'll do so inmediately.
But, to be honest, I'd to have at least one of you Great Six (err, aren't you 8 right now?:wink:) in the team, and so I thought this would be the best way to get your attention.

:)
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Desdichado wrote:But, to be honest, I'd to have at least one of you Great Six in the team, and so I thought this would be the best way to get your attention.
This thread works as well, but we read through most every thread on these boards (just some more closely than others). The biggest reason that I recommend starting a new thread for your campaign conversation is to not lose the information within the various 'general help' topics posted in this thread. I figured that it would be easier for both us, the moderators, and the interested members to read a new thread.
Desdichado wrote:err, aren't you 8 right now?
Actually, we're at 7 official members of the Fraternity. Nathan, who was one of the orinigal six, needed more time for his real-life pursuits, and we elected David to step up and fill his place. Since nobody truly leaves the Fraternity (even after death), Nathan is still a member even though he isn't around very much.
Le Noir Faineant

Here's the link:

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... php?t=2166

:D

You're right, here one may easily overlook the thread.
Jason of the Fraternity wrote:
Desdichado wrote:err, aren't you 8 right now?
Actually, we're at 7 official members of the Fraternity. Nathan, who was one of the orinigal six, needed more time for his real-life pursuits, and we elected David to step up and fill his place. Since nobody truly leaves the Fraternity (even after death), Nathan is still a member even though he isn't around very much.

The more, the better...
:twisted:
Le Noir Faineant

...And don't forget the infernal Admin!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Le Noir Faineant

Hello,

Me and my folies, again...

I just wanted to ask if I can get my own board for Staunton Bluffs, now that the campaign is running and has already been played through several chapters?

You could call it something like *Des' Domain* or *Des' Dreadful Dominion*...

:Strahd: :mrgreen:

Now, of course, there are many cool games over here, but I always feel of the Cafe as somewhat like Drin's domain, and with my totally different kind of gameplay I feel like interfering...

Yours,

Rafael, who has a bit too much time lately to think over RPG due to recently started vacations... :)
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Desdichado wrote:I just wanted to ask if I can get my own board for Staunton Bluffs, now that the campaign is running and has already been played through several chapters?
Perhaps, in time, we can move your threads to a board of its own. However, the campaign hasn't been around so long or grown so big as to warrant a separate board.

The Cafe de Nuit was created for people to play their on-line games there. If we moved your game to a different location, then there wouldn't be much left on the board to necessarily need it. While I understand your feelings about interfering with another person's game, but we cannot create a new board for every DM that decides to create a game.

Again, I'm not opposed to the idea. I am merely saying that you will need to prove yourself over time before such a board would be created... :twisted:
Le Noir Faineant

:) I am okay with that! I'll then haunt you with this query after the group's first anniversary... And, hopefully, after the second, the third etc. ...

:wink: As far as my players and I are concerned, this campaign can last! :)

Yeah, but really, I still don't feel like if we could compare to Coan's campaign our to the *Fraternity* campaign...

Hehehe... Not that we would want to... :twisted:

Thank you!

Yours,

Rafael
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Reading this is making me feel too old... :?

Jason stay tuned, I'm planning on cleaning house a little in Halfling and adjusting the stickies to reflect the new take on it. :wink: I'll PM you about it when I get to the weekend and have time to go over my thoughts.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Le Noir Faineant

Coan wrote:Reading this is making me feel too old... :?
You're the ancient. You're the la... :Strahd:

:) At least, you're the DM of a legendary campaign. "Legendary" implies that you're out there wandering the mists for at least a while. :wink:
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Coan wrote:Jason stay tuned, I'm planning on cleaning house a little in Halfling and adjusting the stickies to reflect the new take on it.
Sounds like a plan, Coan. Just send me a message with your wants/needs, and I'll make the appropriate arrangements. Just keep in mind that some of the darker changes might require a sacrifical lamb or two... :roll:
Desdichado wrote:I am okay with that! I'll then haunt you with this query after the group's first anniversary... And, hopefully, after the second, the third etc. ...
So be it... :twisted:
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Jason of the Fraternity wrote:Just keep in mind that some of the darker changes might require a sacrifical lamb or two... :roll:
So delivered to usual address then?

And why always lambs? I mean some people like variety you know. Like how about some beef or fish for omega 3? Or heck just a vegetarian option like a sacrifical salad? Socko complains sometimes...

You crazy frat guys. :roll:
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Le Noir Faineant

Hi all,

Just a question to make sure there will be no unpleasant situations about this later on:

My new game, Ravenloft: Origins, will be set in the Forgotten Realms, but contain a LOT of RL-related topics. Is it okay that I open it at Cafe de Nuit? - After all, the setting will be Faerun, though it will serve only as an overall frame.

If that is a problem, I can prepare host it somewhere else, though that would be sad, of course. :)

Yours,

Rafael
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Rafael wrote:My new game, Ravenloft: Origins, will be set in the Forgotten Realms, but contain a LOT of RL-related topics. Is it okay that I open it at Cafe de Nuit?
As long as it doesn't interfere with somebody else's adventures/campaign, I think that we are pretty liberal with the Ravenloft roleplaying on the Cafe de Nuit board. I don't foresee having it being set in Forgotten Realms making any difference... 8)